shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for loose topaz oval stones

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Lately I’ve been thinking of projects I’d like to do even though most won’t happen anytime soon. One of them is with some London blue topaz stones I have that belonged to my mom. She never set them, but she had several pieces and was a huge fan of blue topaz. I know they aren’t worth much and are so far from the precious stones like emeralds and rubies, but she adored the color and so do I! One day I’d like to do something with them for the sentimental value they have for me. Anyway I have two 1.5 ct ovals and lots of small .6 ct ovals. I usually favor round and squarish shapes so that also makes it hard for me to think of anything. Another future project might be resetting my mrb from my e-ring, and if I did that then maybe I would pop one of the ovals in that setting. I was playing around with it and taking pics of what it would look like. The first pic the stone is upside down lol as it was the only way to make it stay, and the second is in different lighting using a gem tweezers. But then it seems strange to put such an inexpensive gem in a platinum setting with diamonds. I also found this three stone online from CVB that looks super cool. Anyway I’m thinking aloud for now – wondered if you all have any inspirations for ovals! I would love to see pics of what you're done with your stones. Or where you got your inspiration! It doesn’t necessarily have to be rings either – it’s just what I tend to gravitate toward.

loose stones,
IMG_9138.jpg

mrb

IMG_9139.jpg

Blue topaz (upside down haha) on top of the diamond
IMG_9130 (1).jpg

different lighting with tweezers

IMG_9131.jpg

possible design with more stones

IMG_8518.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about using Rhodium-plated Silver and Moissy to keep the setting cost down?

This is one of my favourite oval settings, and have used it as an inspiration ring for my oval blue Zircon:

JD_oval_Blue_Zircon.PNG

Here is the finished ring, with the side resembling a cat's face unintentionally, which I find rather cute and endearing as I am a cat person:

707078 707077

I have seen similar settings listed by some of the setting vendors in the pinned thread for Trusted Vendors for Reference.

DK :))

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d do a cuff bangle and set them all into it.
In Silver would be more pocket friendly. Blue topaz look best in white metal in my opinion.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That’s beautiful! And I’m a cat person do (obvi from my photo haha). Who did this for you?

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’d do a cuff bangle and set them all into it.
In Silver would be more pocket friendly. Blue topaz look best in white metal in my opinion.

Cool idea. I wonder how to align the stones or what pattern to put them in. Definitely a good idea and way to use all of them.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biggest in the centre and taper out.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If topaz make your heart sing like they did your mom's , who cares if they don't cost as much as diamonds and emeralds

How about lab diamonds to keep the cost down -
I actually love blue topaz
such an array of colours
I will enjoy following what you end up doing

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool idea. I wonder how to align the stones or what pattern to put them in. Definitely a good idea and way to use all of them.

Keep the largest stone for a ring, and then use the rest in a bangle, set East-West, with the second largest in the middle, with the remaining 2 pairs graduating outwards?

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results