shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for gifts for grandparents' birthdays?

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
What is a good gift for a grandma and a separate gift for a grandpa? Or else I can buy one big gift both of them can enjoy. Their joint birthday party is this weekend and I cannot think of anything to get.

Maybe this isn't very creative, but I was thinking like a nice bath towel set?
Or a gift basket I can get from the mall?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
My grandmother always appreciates a gourmet food gift basket. It's special cheeses and meats she wouldn't normally buy herself, but she feels good entertaining with and it doesn't contribute to clutter.

This spring I tried out Gourmet Station, the food arrived in a beautiful sturdy package with lots of cold packs, was a cinch for my 86 year old grandmother to heat up and supposedly tasted delicious. I don't live close enough to take her out to dinner, and she really appreciated the idea of this.

While some might appreciate gift cards to the movies, or a store they frequent, mine have been known to re-gift them to someone else before they use them on themselves.

Do they have any individual interests?

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I've done framed pictures of the kids, photo keychains, travel mug with pictures on it...you see a theme here. We don't typically do birthday presents for adults in our family, so I don't usually have to think of a gift. When my oldest was born (first grandbaby) I got her a nice silver charm bracelet that says "grandma" and have gotten her a charm with each grandchild's name and birthdate to attach. She really loves that.
My FIL wears a tie to work everyday (he's a teacher) and I once got him a tie with the kid's pictures on it. He got a kick out of that. Maybe a restaurant gift certificate?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
lotto tickets
gift certificates to favorite restaurants
movie passes
lessons of some sort (dancing, cooking, knitting - whatever suits!)

anything that would simplify life. for example, if they have arthritis in their hands, maybe an automatic can opener would make life easier.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results