shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for Bridesmaids/Groomsmen Gifts???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I''m finding this a tough one. So many choices! Looking for some lovely necklaces or earrings for my gals...and some usable gifts for the guys. We''re thinking of giving the best man an Ipod. Not exactly traditional but we know he''ll use it every day.

I''d love to see your ideas too....
1.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
We''re doing baskets for both...

They''ll include food for everyone to snack on throughout the wedding, and since we''re having it in our old college town, some college memorabilia.

I''m getting the bridesmaids little handbags that match their dresses, little makeup kits, an assortment of fruits and cheeses, a bottle of champagne and a pair of champagne glasses that have the college seal on it. I think I''ll also arrange for a spa treatment for my two maids of honor. For the Jr. Bridesmaid, I''m going to get her and her dachshund matching sweaters and a college t-shirt instead of the champagne and makeup. I might get something for her parents too.

The fiance is getting the groomsmen engraved moneyclips, iTunes gift certificates, some sort of snack, a six pack of local beer and a pair of stein glasses that have the college seal on it.

I think your iPod idea is great! It''s something he''ll actually use and way fun....

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
For my friend''s wedding, she made our earrings and necklaces. It was really sentimental and meant so much because they were truly from her. We both live in the same far off town, so I helped her make them. It wasn''t too difficult and it ended up being reasonable in comparison to buying earrings and necklaces- about $25 per bridesmaid and we used fresh water pearls. Just an idea.

For another best friend''s wedding, her family put together a bridesmaids brunch the day before the wedding. We were each given a cross made of wire and glass beads (I don''t have a pic of that, but I could get you one if you are interested) and the beads were a different color for each girl. She and her aunt made them- they are beautiful. Her hubby gave the groomsmen a small Bible with their name on it.

Here''s a pic of the first friends jewelry.

bridesmaid jewelry- small.jpg

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I got my maid of honor a Pink wrap ( brown/pink color scheme), dangly earrings and matching necklace..I am also paying for her hair/makeup.
My bridesmaids are getting the same necklace I got MOH but stud earrings instead of the dangly version she''s wearing
groomsman are getting knives from swiss army w/their initials engraved on them, not sure what best man is getting
flower girl got a locket w/initials on it and I am getting her a Madem Alexander flower girl doll
I am also getting the girls picture frames w/ a pic of us from the "past"...we all go wayyyyy back....
.....it''s getting a little pricey since we have 15 people in bridal party all together!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I''m doing spa baskets or something like that. I love the Bath and Body works True Blue Spa line, the stuff really works.. So I''m probably going to do that. And maybe a gift certificate to a real spa as well.

I despise giving/getting jewelery for BM gifts because its clearly just part of the "uniform" My BMs can wear whatever jewelery they want (or none, if they wish).. Thats what my best friend did.. and I obviously didn''t complain, because I really don''t care whether I got a gift or not.. but its nothing I would ever wear out (I actually picked it out for all the BMs.. its not ugly.. I just don''t wear fake jewlerly).

I just want to get my BMs something just for THEM.

I LOVE the IPOD idea.. I wish I had the money I''d get that for all my BMs!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
is anyone has any pics of little baskets that they have made up, like those i have mentioned, please post them. i am gathering more ideas!

thanks.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
abradabra - Wow...you''re going all out!!

We got our bridesmaids an engraved compact mirror. We got my redneck groomsmen engraved koozies. We got the non redneck groomsmen Penn State footballs.

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
i''m giving them jewelry that i made and peresonalized for each one of them (thread here in bride world wide) and also LL bean tote bags (small size, long handles) for each of them in their favorite colors with the matching pocket makeup bag, both monogrammed. in the bags i''ll put flip flops (probably old navy) in their color along with little supplies for the wedding. each girl will have their own supplies so that they each have a "duty" the day of the wedding... one girl will have the "beauty bag": extra lip gloss, tissue, hand lotion, mirror, hairspray, etc. another will have the "emergency bag": sewing kit, band aids, shout wipes, clear nail polish, etc. another will have the "food bag": granola bars, candy, fruit, water, and mints, and the last will have the "meds bag": advil, tylenol, midol, claritin, pepto bismol, tums, etc.

as for groomsmens gifts... he has no idea! he wants to get his brother (best man) the new complete calvin and hobbes... probably will do very personal things for the other guys too.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
For my wife''s bridemaids I made handbags using our wedding colors brown and pink. Inside was a label that had our names and the date. She filled them with little girly gifts.

For my best man, however, it''s not so easy. Guys are hard to shop for and I only know how to sew girly things like handbags. So I got him one of those retro Atari video games that plug right into the tv.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
We''re only having my sister as MOH and his best man but I think a great bridesmaid gift that I once received is a monogrammed bathrobe and slippers. Or even silk pajamas and a silk robe. I really like the useful things. Also the basics like picture frames are great.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I keep debating on this... I''m thinking of doing a mani/pedicure afternoon the day before the wedding, and having that be their ''gift''... but I am loving those LL Bean monogram bags... Lillian Vernon also has some super cute ones too... I want to do everything! hehe... the bags would look so cute with some flip flops, a silk asian jewelry bag from CHinatown w/their bm jewelry... we''ll see!

I actually loved the bracelet my friend gave us last year for her wedding, it was a sterling silver Tiffany-style w/our names engraved on them... I still wear it! I love jewelry of all kinds... well, not the really cheapy stuff, I get a rash, but I love sterling jewelry.

I think it all depends on your bm though. MS- i must be the opposite of you, because I hate it when ppl give me spa stuff!! bc I am very picky about my lotions/soaps, esp the ones w/very strong smells... so to each their own!

dietvanillacoke- i love your jewelry you made, and i think the idea of having each bm incharge of different bags is great! i might have to do that!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results