shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for bling on a budget?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
hi all-

need your help looking for an anniversary present with a limited budget ($300-$400). would like to get a ring (band) with sparkly, quality bling. do you think that''s possible with the budget? i''m open to different styles and it''d be worn as a RHR or as a stacker (but then i''d have the issue of wearing plat with gold and plat is out of the question with the budget i have). i love ACAs but the rings i see on WF''s site are all near $600 at the least and some aren''t made with ACAs so i assume the rings would cost more if i requested ACA melee.

any suggestions on where else i could look? i think my budget may not be realistic for what i''d like to get but maybe there are some really great finds out there waiting to be found. any ideas or recommendations (and pics) would be appreciated! thanks!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would look on ebay or similar places for good deals if you''re set on spending that money on bling.

...But to be totally realistic (and a bit of a downer, I''m sure) you''re more likely than not, not going to find something of good quality that is within your budget.

If it were me, I''d take the money and tuck it away...add it with another sum of money for another gift or even multiple gifts down the road and eventually get yourself something that is exactly what you want, and not some bargin basement find that is of questionable quality. Don''t settle when it comes to your jewlery...if diamonds are something that you value, then you should save and get the best, best, best band you can.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 1:48:11 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I would look on ebay or similar places for good deals if you''re set on spending that money on bling.

...But to be totally realistic (and a bit of a downer, I''m sure) you''re more likely than not, not going to find something of good quality that is within your budget.

If it were me, I''d take the money and tuck it away...add it with another sum of money for another gift or even multiple gifts down the road and eventually get yourself something that is exactly what you want, and not some bargin basement find that is of questionable quality. Don''t settle when it comes to your jewlery...if diamonds are something that you value, then you should save and get the best, best, best band you can.
i hear ya, italia. i''m the same way. i wanted a ring but i got an idea that i think may work with my budget and i wouldn''t mind having instead of a ring- a DBTY type bracelet but with a solitaire! i remember seeing something like that for under $500.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think you should ask yourself ideally what piece of jewelry do you want...and go from there. Even if it means looking at bracelets, rings, colored stone and diamonds...find what you''d really love to have, and then find the piece within that that you''d love to own...don''t force it, because you''ll only end up regretting it, I fear.

There are tons, and tons of people on this site who saved and wait for the **right** piece to come into their lives, and when it does--it means even more.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
hi italia! no worries, no forcing here! i''d love to have many pieces! LOL. i''ve been wanting a casual, everyday bracelet. ideally, i had wanted a ring for an anniversary gift but i wouldn''t turn down other pretties. btw, cute doggie!
1.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Sugar, it appears that well-cut diamonds are out of budget, but have you considered an eternity ring made of colored gemstones? Perhaps from the stone of the month of your anniversary, so it can later be a stacker?

(Of course, if you were an April bride, you''d be back at square one, I know, I know...
2.gif
)

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
hi fleur- i''m not an april bride but would still accept diamonds.
31.gif
i am considering gemstones and also think i might be able to increase the budget.
1.gif
do you know any vendors who sell nice gemstone stacking rings? i saw some spark ones on the pearlman''s site. wonder how good the quality and craftsmanship is.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might check the colored gemstone forum for some ideas -- there have been some great little stackers shown recently! E-bay is another option for nice vintage pieces, especially if you're not looking for a diamond center stone. And if you are looking for diamonds, maybe Upgradable would be willing to share her old cut stone tracking skills...
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go the gemstone route too. I love the Spark rings on Pearlmans. Those are GORGEOUS!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The liquidation sale Swingirl mentioned also has some stackers:
http://www.jrakeliquidationsale.com/scampolo1.html

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the suggestions everyone! i''ll shop around some more and see what other goodies are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results