shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for a small wedding

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies can you give me some ideas on a small, intimate, elegant wedding for 25 people? I'd like to have the ceremony/reception in the same place. I'm thinking of spending no more than $7K. I am at a total lost of where to even begin! Help! :errrr: Oh yea I want to have my wedding in the Fall of next year. Thanks!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Are you comfortable sharing your general location? Or were you thinking of doing a destination wedding?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the DC area, so we'd like to either keep it here, but all of our guests are in FL and GA, so we'd consider options there as well. We would consider a destination wedding but the cost would be high for us since we have to pay for our parents (all four) to travel and be boarded. I'm just not really sure where to start, it seems like most places cater to larger parties.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
You have lots of options.

1) A bed and breakfast or small hotel. They might have beautiful grounds for a ceremony

2) Some restaurants have an outside area that can be converted to a ceremony space.

3) Lots of traditional venues have smaller rooms for smaller parties.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
My immediate thoughts are either The Tabard Inn or 2941.

Here are some Chowhound threads about small weddings in DC! one and two

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is definitely possible! I'm having a New Years Eve wedding for 90 people for 13k and the majority of the cost is in the food and booze. Where in FL would you consider doing it? I'm in FL and might be able to help there.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the DC Area as well, LLL! :wavey:

Not quite Metro DC, but FI and I stayed here over Valentine's Day weekend and LOVED it. If anyone in your family is history buffs, this little B&B might just be perfect for you! http://www.williamsburg-manor.com/ There are also a ton of other adorable B&Bs in Williamsburg.

What about one of the wineries in Northern Virginia? I've heard great things about Barrel Oak (http://www.barreloak.com/) for starters.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I was also going to suggest Virgina wineries or country bed and breakfasts. I'd probably start with some travel magazines.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Great DC area suggestions above. To some other choices to the mix, first I would suggest the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club: http://www.baybeachclub.com. I was the BM in a wedding a few years ago, and the reception was held there. The venue offers a lot of different "looks" for the type of wedding you'd want to have. It's just across the Bay Bridge going 50 East. Since you are having a small wedding, this venue might fit well within your budget.

My closer in-town recommendation would be Top of Town in Arlington: http://www.topofthetown.net/main.asp. I looked into this venue for my wedding reception, and it was a top contender. Only issue for me was the size of the place. BUT for a small wedding, I think it would be perfect. And I have heard wonderful things about weddings/receptions held here.

lovesovals

Rough_Rock
I'm sort of new to DC, but my BF and his family have lived here for a few generations. Where are you looking? NW, Downtown, Georgetown...?

http://www.myfranciscan.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=54

or

http://www.hayadams.com/

Do you want something formal? Brunch/Lunch/Dinner? Heavy hors d'oeuvres or cake and punch? I'm searching for an extensive list of venues I saw on another site. PS doesn't appear to have a PM function, so I'll have to remember to come back to this.

I actually found it!

Realistic Options (These places fit my guest count and seem to be within my budget, though I might have to negotiate with some of the venues a bit more)
1. Annapolis Marriot Waterfront
2. Fiore Winery
3. Glen Echo Park
4. Probably Brookside Gardens but possibly one of the others, Park comparison
5. Newton White Mansion
6. Prince George's Ballroom
7. Strong Mansion
8. The Music Center at Strathmore (but not the mansion)
9. Swan Harbor Farm
10. Belmont Conference Center
11. The Mansion at Valley Country Club
12. Overhills Mansion
13. Baltimore Hyatt
14. Town and Country Caterers - Waterford
15. Chesapeake Bay Hyatt
16. Old South Country Club
17. The Westminster Riding Club
18. The Rooftop at Rockville's Town Center
19. Port Discovery
20. Cylburn Arboretum
21. Matapeake Clubhouse and Beach
22. Kurtz's Beach
23. Clark's Elioak Farm
24. Nixon's Farm
25. The Great Room at Savage Mill
26. Memorial Chapel at UMD College Park and Stamp Student Union
27. Riverdale Manor
28. The Other Barn and across the street The Meeting House

These didn't have all their information on the site so I need more information about price/guest capacity:
29. Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens in Druid Hill Park
30. Audubon Naturalist Society - Woodend
31. The Inn at the Colonnade
32. Chart House Restaurant
33. Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
34. The Contemporary Museum
35. Eastern Yacht Club
36. Irvine Nature Center
37. Landon Private School
38. McDaniel College
39. Milburn Orchards
40. Naval Academy Club
41. Padonia Park Club
42. Peerce's Landing
43. Severn Inn
44. The River Plantation
45. The Maryland Zoo
46. The Engineer's Club of Baltimore
47. Patowmack Farm
48. Mt Airy Mansion
49. Top of the Bay
50. Antrim 1844
51. National Aquarium in Baltimore
52. Carroll Arts Center
53. Kent Manor
54. Navy-Marine Stadium
55. Oriole Park at Camden Yards
56. The Oaks
57. Sheraton - Columbia
58. The Manor Tavern
59. Celebrations at the Bay
60. The Walters Art Museum
61. Port Annapolis Marina
62. Four Seasons Hotel - DC
63. Michaels Eighth Avenue
64. Harbour Towne
65. Grey Rock Mansion
66. Sheraton Annapolis
67. La Fontaine Bleu
68. Camp Letts
69. Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor
70. Marvin Center at George Washington University
71. Scenic View Orchards
72. Melwood Retreat Center
73. Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
74. Lohr's Orchard
75. Homestead Farm
76. Hodson Boathouse and The Great Hall at St. John's College

These for whatever reason (cost, guest count, etc.) didn't work for me, but maybe for you:
77. Lidiodendron Mansion
78. Boordy Vineyards
79. Centerstage
80. Chase Court
81. Cloisters Castle
82. Elkridge Furnace Inn
83. Glenview Mansion
84. Pier 5/Admiral Fell Inn
85. Historic Annapolis Foundation
86. London Town and Gardens
87. Maryvale Prep School Castle
88. Oxon Hill Manor
89. PG Park places
90. The Mansion at Strathmore
91. Savage Mill Manor
92. Thorpewood
93. Vandiver Inn
94. Downs Park
95. Gertrude's at the Baltimore Museum of Art
96. Linganore Winecellers
97. Herrington on the Bay
98. Ceresville Mansion
99. Elk Forge
100. Ladew Topiary Gardens
101. Harbor Court Hotel Baltimore
102. Loews Hotel Annapolis
103. St. Paul's School
104. Battlefield Bed & Breakfast
105. Carroll County Farm Museum
106. Gramercy Mansion
107. Howard County Conservancy
108. The Lodge at Oregon Ridge Park

The original post has hyperlinks and there's another post, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other forums here, so I won't. I hope this helps you somewhat.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
What about an intimate dinner and wine tasting? Every course comes paired with a different wine.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
You have lots of options.

1) A bed and breakfast or small hotel. They might have beautiful grounds for a ceremony

2) Some restaurants have an outside area that can be converted to a ceremony space.

3) Lots of traditional venues have smaller rooms for smaller parties.

We are definitely considering a bed and breakfast, only thing is most of them will be a good drive from us and our guest will all already be from out of town and most likely with no transportation :((

sillyberry said:
My immediate thoughts are either The Tabard Inn or 2941.

Here are some Chowhound threads about small weddings in DC! one and two

Thanks sillyberry! I REAAAAAAAALLY like the 2941. I like that they do pretty much everything in-house and the waterfall room is phenomenal! We are going to check it out!

stepcutgirl said:
This is definitely possible! I'm having a New Years Eve wedding for 90 people for 13k and the majority of the cost is in the food and booze. Where in FL would you consider doing it? I'm in FL and might be able to help there.

Tampa or St. Augustine would be my two locations in FL.

vc10um said:
I'm in the DC Area as well, LLL! :wavey:

Not quite Metro DC, but FI and I stayed here over Valentine's Day weekend and LOVED it. If anyone in your family is history buffs, this little B&B might just be perfect for you! http://www.williamsburg-manor.com/ There are also a ton of other adorable B&Bs in Williamsburg.

What about one of the wineries in Northern Virginia? I've heard great things about Barrel Oak (http://www.barreloak.com/) for starters.

onedrop said:
I didn't consider a winery but I like the Barrel Oak one you posted! My only concern would be transporting guests.
I didn't consider a winery but I like the Barrel Oak one you posted! My only concern would be transporting guests.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
onedrop|1291909833|2792093 said:
Great DC area suggestions above. To some other choices to the mix, first I would suggest the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club: http://www.baybeachclub.com. I was the BM in a wedding a few years ago, and the reception was held there. The venue offers a lot of different "looks" for the type of wedding you'd want to have. It's just across the Bay Bridge going 50 East. Since you are having a small wedding, this venue might fit well within your budget.

My closer in-town recommendation would be Top of Town in Arlington: http://www.topofthetown.net/main.asp. I looked into this venue for my wedding reception, and it was a top contender. Only issue for me was the size of the place. BUT for a small wedding, I think it would be perfect. And I have heard wonderful things about weddings/receptions held here.

I found the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club but I think that may be too far. I do like the Top of Town location though! Thanks!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
@lovesovals WHOAAA that's a great list!!!! I'm kind of open to any area pretty close-in to D.C. or the Nothern VA area since most of our guests will be from out of town. Ideally, I'd like a formal sit down dinner for everyone, and would prefer a location where we can have a ceremony and reception all in the same place.

@megumic I never even thought about that and that would be really nice! The only problem is quite a few of our guests don't drink :((

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I feel a little less :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: than I did before, but I surely have a loooooooooong way to go LOL Lucky thing I have some time :)) (and a very creative possee on Pricescope lol)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Happy 'plan-making' LLL!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not in that area so I can't recommend specific places, but would you consider having an intimate ceremony and then a brunch reception afterward?

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I originally was going to do that, (and then my family took over). Anyways, I.m located in FL have you thought about St.Augustine or Amelia Island? There are a ton of cute places in those areas that will accommodate smaller groups.

utopia2004

Rough_Rock
We are having a smallish wedding for 60, and spending $4000, but thius was with alot of bargin hunting and some help with certain things.

We are doing a BnB, with 60 we are allowed the whole inn. We are having the ceremony and reception here to save on cost.

If i were doing it in the summer, and didnt care about alchole/party, i would have done it in a statepark- next to a lake- if there any near by, there are a few near us. So would be ALOT cheaper. Would have had ceremony here too.

Other options are renting a club of some sort, or at someones house- if house is nice with nice garden, or barn.

Resturants may have function rooms for that many.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results