shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for 3-stone with inherited diamonds?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I have inherited my grandmother's 3 diamonds that were originally in her engagement ring. They are currently set in a very heavy, 90's style pendant. They are each approx 3.5mm wide and I would guess O-P colour.

I would like to have a 3-stone ring made with an antique/Edwardian/engraved/milgrain vibe. I really like CvB's style (just to give you an idea, she is miles out of budget). Probably platinum if I can swing it (the tint won't bother me).

Please share any ideas!

Thanks.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Stuller always has affordable pieces. You just have to hunt through the options.

8EFD7240-65A1-4D16-9961-29E79A1B6D10.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At 3.5mm these are approximately 10 pointers (give or take). These just wont have the look of a standard 3 stone ring as we know
them. Have you considered finding 2 more stones and making a 5 stone ring out of them? I would put your Gma's stone as the
center 3.

CVB makes lovely diamond bands. I think its her Norah band. Beautiful but not exactly cheap!

Stuller has a few that would work
snip1.png
Another option

snip1.png

Anyway, something to think about!

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both.
I should have mentioned I'm not in the US and don't think Stuller settings are a thing here. There is not a huge jewellery market outside a few chain stores, so I'll probably have to get something custom made. So far, through googling jewellers in my area I haven't found anyone whose work looks particularly refined (for example, they all seem to do big blobby prongs), so I'm not really sure how to proceed.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you both.
I should have mentioned I'm not in the US and don't think Stuller settings are a thing here. There is not a huge jewellery market outside a few chain stores, so I'll probably have to get something custom made. So far, through googling jewellers in my area I haven't found anyone whose work looks particularly refined (for example, they all seem to do big blobby prongs), so I'm not really sure how to proceed.
Where are you based? There are PSers around the world so hopefully someone will have a recommendation for your area.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both.

Are you open to shipping your stones? If you did David Klass for example, I'm sure they could provide an insured label and you pay the cost for shipping. A lot of vendors will do an insured label for you, but was thinking of DK because he does nice work at a competitive price that is more budget friendly than CVB.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I have inherited my grandmother's 3 diamonds that were originally in her engagement ring. They are currently set in a very heavy, 90's style pendant. They are each approx 3.5mm wide and I would guess O-P colour.

I would like to have a 3-stone ring made with an antique/Edwardian/engraved/milgrain vibe. I really like CvB's style (just to give you an idea, she is miles out of budget). Probably platinum if I can swing it (the tint won't bother me).

Please share any ideas!

Thanks.

This is a lovely idea, to transform your grandmas diamonds back into a ring. You are lucky to be able to have something from her.

Are you able to photo the pendant lying on the back of your hand?
I might be able to mock up some ideas for you to see what it might look like?
Are you open to a trefoil style? Or want to stick with a half hoop style threestone like cerulean pictured?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
I have always loved this!

778E194B-6428-4AD8-8CA1-934F774F0239.jpeg
Thanks, this is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Some lovely stuff on that IG account!

Are you open to shipping your stones? If you did David Klass for example, I'm sure they could provide an insured label and you pay the cost for shipping. A lot of vendors will do an insured label for you, but was thinking of DK because he does nice work at a competitive price that is more budget friendly than CVB.
I've seen a lot of DK's work around this forum and it would be the perfect option if I were not so far away. I don't think my mother would be comfortable with the idea and if something were to happen to them during shipping I don't think she'd ever come to terms with it.

This is a lovely idea, to transform your grandmas diamonds back into a ring. You are lucky to be able to have something from her.

Are you able to photo the pendant lying on the back of your hand?
I might be able to mock up some ideas for you to see what it might look like?
Are you open to a trefoil style? Or want to stick with a half hoop style threestone like cerulean pictured?
Thanks - I tried my best but it's quite hard to photograph. Will attach pics next post. You'll see the 3 stones on the right. The pendant itself (without the loop) measures 30mm x 20mm. I'd like to wear this next to my wedding ring so would prefer the half hoop style, something that can be flush or reasonably flush against my band.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D2A9FB18-F3EA-4EE4-9AF6-017D8F26D8C5.jpeg
I think a half hoop with the stones would look lovely on you and be a great tribute to your grandma.
Theses plenty of these styles that incorporate the smaller diamonds in the pendant, tucking them in on all the corners and inbetween. That will probably be a labor of love in paying the extra labor to unmount some of them and reuse them too.
F83A9978-5329-4A89-B023-225A5CDE5190.jpeg

Last edited:

dmack

Shiny_Rock
These are all great ideas. If you want to go for more of a band look, antique bands often use engraving to “fill in” for additional diamonds, which could look really cool. See below for examples.

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
I think a half hoop with the stones would look lovely on you and be a great tribute to your grandma.
Theses plenty of these styles that incorporate the smaller diamonds in the pendant, tucking them in on all the corners and inbetween. That will probably be a labor of love in paying the extra labor to unmount some of them and reuse them too.
Thank you - the images are really helpful.
I love this DK setting, do you think something like this would be possible with how small my stones are?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you - the images are really helpful.
I love this DK setting, do you think something like this would be possible with how small my stones are?
Certainly.
Although it does change the all over look quite noticeably once you start changing stone sizes and graduation vs all similar. Not better/worse - just different.

69DA864A-8C9C-45C5-A219-C8704B49E25C.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results