shape
carat
color
clarity

ideal vs premium cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike2

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking at stones from different dealers, and I have come across two different types of cuts:
ideal
premium

One dealer gave me a chart, which lists different table and depth percentages. Does anybody know the difference, or have a preference?

loopy.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"premium" is usually a synonym for common crap.

2.gif

RubyBleu

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2003 12:27:59 AM Rhino wrote:

"premium" is usually a synonym for common crap.

2.gif

----------------

Not true....

Depends on who you are talking about. Ideal can be actually "ideal", and premium can be a solid class 1, (as in Birks/Tif. etc...or ideal can be "this is our best shitty cut" and premium can be "this is our second best shitty cut".

Of note: Peoples/Zales - have "good, better, best" bfrands which mean: nasty, nastier, nastiest. Their signature cuts are: "not quite as nasty - or "fa-nasty" which means "we've added a whole bunch of extra facets so this nasty stone is now both fancy and nasty..." Or "fantasy"....

Bottom line: you have to know the merchant to know the significance of their brands

And in case you have not noticed - most diamonds sold in the US and Canada are crap-o-la.

RB

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
There are a few additional terms used to describe diamonds like;

-Dossier
-Fine make
-Good make

And sometimes only the unique attributes are described,
using terms like.

-Eye clean
-Ex/Ex
-AGS0
-Laser inscribed

Kirk Konst

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results