shape
carat
color
clarity

ideal-scope vs. depth/table, etc parameters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
I ordered an ideal-scope and am going to go out and look once I receive it. My question is this: If I look through the scope and I see very little white/pale pink, and lots of red/black, do I even need to concern myself with the numbers from the AGA cut charts? Or are both pieces part of the equation?

Trying to avoid memorizing all the numbers, :Up_to_something:
Marius

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No, they are not one and the same. A traditional ideal cut will most likely give you a very fine Ideal-Scope image. However, there are non-traditional and yet unrecognized cuts that, while very brilliant, are not considered to be ideal cut diamonds. You won't pay a premium for them, not yet, at least, but they show themselves as very brilliant in the Ideal-Scope. The jewelers who see you using the Ideal-Scope will probably have no idea of what you are doing... If you buy a diamond, they really won't care.

Have a great adventure.

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
Yes! That is what I was hoping. Hopefully I will find something like that out there.

Got my scope today in the mail. Thanks Dave for the super fast shipping!

Anyone who reads this and is thinking about buying a scope, Dave is your man!

:appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results