shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Princess, Bigger or Better, please share your thoughts

expressre

Rough_Rock
I had originally posted here last month asking questions about an ACA Ideal whiteflash 1.08 that had a very large cut. My GF had told me she wanted around a 1.20 so I have ben waiting for a larger ideal diamond to come along before I jumped on the 1.08. I noticed the other night that whiteflashed listed a 1.29!!!!

Not sure if this is the diamond I have been wating for or if I should pass. Its actually not an ACA but comes from the "Expert selection". I dont kow if the propertion would make a big deal. WF doesnt give it a full 5 stars as they do with their ACA. This diamond is less propertionate and also an I in color. I dont know much about how the fluerence, girdle or cutlet would have an effect. As far as price they are about the same.

Here is the original 1.08
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2517150.htm

And here is the larger 1.29 - Let me know if this is good value or give me reasons why you wouldnt purchase this one.
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2690310.htm

PLEASE HELP, My GF has been so patient with me (7 years)!!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: Ideal Princess, Bigger or Better, please share your thou

I would reserve both while you are making your decision. Interestingly the 1.2 is only larger in one dimension (5.95 x 5.79 vs 5.74 x 5.76).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That 1.29 is nice. I like the smaller table on the smaller stone but your GF probably is more into the size.

expressre

Rough_Rock

tyty333|1315509707|3012893 said:
That 1.29 is nice. I like the smaller table on the smaller stone but your GF probably is more into the size.

Actually her words - "1.5 is too big, 1.20 is a good size but I would much rather have a higher quality stone than a big one"

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

expressre|1315511173|3012908 said:

Actually her words - "1.5 is too big, 1.20 is a good size but I would much rather have a higher quality stone than a big one"

what is her definition of higher quality - cut? or color/clarity?

expressre

Rough_Rock

rainydaze|1315511930|3012917 said:
expressre|1315511173|3012908 said:

what is her definition of higher quality - cut? or color/clarity?

She knows about as much of diamonds as any person off the street. Im the one that has done all the reasearch and trying to find her the best one I can for the best price.

mjertl

Shiny_Rock

Mrs W|1315530911|3013143 said:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8393/ $7850

I am not a big princess fan for myself (just personal preference), but this stone looks quite nice! it doesn't look like it has as much light leakage at the center, and it's even bigger than the other two options.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the Whiteflash 1.28 looks really nice - what do THEY say about it??

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

The new stone is not bad, but I prefer the better square ratio and facet patterning of the ACA. The ES stone has too many chevrons for my tastes. I don't think you'll notice much of a difference in size, and as slg mentioned, it's only significantly larger along one dimension. Plus the ACA is a higher color.

I think the GOG Solasfera is also a very good alternative, as it has a nice square ratio and a beautiful facet pattern. Solasferas are well known among princesses for outstanding light performance. So if you're OK with I color (my princess is an I and the color is only barely visible from the sides in some lighting), then I'd consider that one.

ETA: To answer some of your other questions, thin to slightly thick are all fine for princess girdles, and negligible vs. no fluorescence will look exactly the same in every lighting condition. So neither of those are important factors in deciding between the two. The one thing that doesn't make it a good value to me is that the ACA is a better stone IMHO for a similar price.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jstarfireb|1315541577|3013294 said:
The new stone is not bad, but I prefer the better square ratio and facet patterning of the ACA. The ES stone has too many chevrons for my tastes. I don't think you'll notice much of a difference in size, and as slg mentioned, it's only significantly larger along one dimension. Plus the ACA is a higher color.

I think the GOG Solasfera is also a very good alternative, as it has a nice square ratio and a beautiful facet pattern. Solasferas are well known among princesses for outstanding light performance. So if you're OK with I color (my princess is an I and the color is only barely visible from the sides in some lighting), then I'd consider that one.

ETA: To answer some of your other questions, thin to slightly thick are all fine for princess girdles, and negligible vs. no fluorescence will look exactly the same in every lighting condition. So neither of those are important factors in deciding between the two. The one thing that doesn't make it a good value to me is that the ACA is a better stone IMHO for a similar price.

Ditto all of this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results