shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut-is there a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparks

Rough_Rock
How much of a difference is there between a diamond that rates "excellent" on the cut advisor vs. a diamond that rates "good" to the naked eye?

Is there an obvious difference in "sparkle"?

Does an "excellent" graded diamond always have brilliance no matter what kind of lighting there is?

buttercup

Rough_Rock
cut is everything!!!!!!!
i'd say there's a huge difference b/w good and excellent

VampireX02

Rough_Rock
I posted a very similar question of my own elsewhere in the forum..but I'll follow up here just because it seems much more to the point.

This might sound a little nit-picky...but I've been shopping for a diamond for like a year...and don't want to "settle". Would the average person see a visual difference between let's say a 1.6 and a .6 on the HCA?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Again - the % of people who will like one over the other will reduce as the difference between the scores gets closer.
10 vs 1 = 100%
1 vs 2 might = 10%
But this is not the result of a survey, it is my intuitive guess based on serving and helping customers buy from our stock which ranges from 0 - 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results