shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Age to Get Married Article in USA TODAY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been totally MIA, but the school year''s started and I hardly ever get a chance to breathe between teaching and wedding planning and tutoring...argh!!!

However, this article was just too interesting to pass up! I thought I''d share. Here''s the article:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-11-09-delayed-marriage_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

What do you guys think? Sooner vs. later?

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
This is like all the health studies that contradict each other when telling you what to eat or not eat to protect yourself from cancer.

The truth is, there is no one good age for everyone. It's different for every person. The best age is...when you are ready.

Beyond that, all I can say is, if I'd married the guy I lived with in my mid-20s, I'd be divorced now for sure.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I got married at 24...and it was perfect for me.

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
Agreeing with previous poster; it''s different for everyone. There are people who never get married, after all, so "no age" was good for them.

Married at 20 after five years together and couldn''t be happier. But I just saw a young couple I knew, married three years, completely fall apart. And in the same vein, I know a couple who got married at 26 and 30, around the "average", and they just got divorced after barely two years.

So it all goes back to the couple.

As for the question "sooner or later," I say later. I could have been married two years ago when my husband first proposed, but god am I glad we waited. In love, the only "too late" is just never, while "too soon" could deprive you years of something beautiful if it turns sour.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results