shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d like some sanity dust, please: The Great Venue Hunt is this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Hoo boy.

This weekend: 6 venues in two states. Me, FI and my parents.

Venus range from swanky hotels to this historic mansion that I love (my mother will take one look and hightail it back to the city).

I foresee lots of arguments, as my mother wants us to pick a date ... well ... yesterday. (She also wants June 2010, I think that''s too soon and am gunning for October/November)

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
*dust*

FI and I did a tour of the venues in our state over a weekend, and it was so exhausting, but we found the perfect place and date, I am sure you will too. Can''t wait to hear about what you see!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I should mention, too, that the date-not-set is not the only argument

FI and I want to have it in our now-hometown. My mother secretly (or not so secretly!) wants it in her soon-to-be hometown. These places are about 2,500 miles apart :)

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
Sanity *DUST*. We did this last weekend, but without the parental units, and are in the same boat as you when it comes to location. My father cannot understand why we want it in NYC and why we wouldn''t want the background of the fall leaves in pictures.

Just remember, take a deep breath. Its totally overwhelming and you will get disappointed and frustrated, BUT you are marrying the love of your life and this party is to celebrate YOU and your FI. Our parents had their time, now its ours. The input that is most important is your and your FI''s.

My FSIL is having her wedding here in the Northeast; she lives in the USVI. She and her FI originally had their hearts set on a wedding in the VI. They changed it to her hometown so her mom could be more involved. Now she and he FI are wishing they kept in the USVI....

Best of luck to you!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moley! Definitely ****SANITY DUST***** just for you!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
And ... drumroll, please ... my mother noticed a "hole" in the schedule, so it''s now SEVEN venues

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh good gravy.

~~~***~~~***~~~SANITY DUST!!!~~~***~~~***~~~

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
*****MUCHO DUSTO*****

Try to at least have a little fun!
2.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I''m excited!!!

I made up sheets for everyone so we can score the venues based on various characteristics (price, menu, appearance, event coordinator, what''s included in the packagaes, etc) It''s like sorority rush!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results