shape
carat
color
clarity

i''d like opinions on these rings..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
i posted these over in Colored
9.gif
but it''s pretty quiet over there...

original garnet ring thread

any opinions Yay or Nay? anyone.. anyone... Bueller?

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
kaylagee I actually like both of them! I''m partial to garnets in yellow gold. Which one are you going to get? The only thing I''d be concerned about is the quality of the diamonds but at that size it may not matter anyway. Both rings look very pretty, unique styles.
by the way - off topic - I swear I''ve seen your avatar before. Who are those people in the photos?

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first ring best. I''m partial to bigger rings. I am also a fellow ''yellow golder''
9.gif
I don''t know how I missed your other thread I usually read them all.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much!

I'll take pics whether I keep it(the three stone) or not..I haven't ordered the second one yet. i want a low-profile RHR of some kind but nothing too precious.

av= Vincent Cassel and Monica Belucci Cassell(popular actors in europe). He's my one dh-allowed crush.
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah, the three-garnet is in RG and the flower one is YG.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Both are very cool, but I vote for the first one. And I think the gold really flatters the garnets.

ETA: One thing about the I1s. I looked at a pendant with small I1s in a halo around a larger stone. One of them had a small carbon spot, but since it was such a tiny stone to begin with it really took over the diamond. Once I pointed it out to my husband he said it looked like there are a dozen little white diamonds and one dirty gray one. If the stones aren't good enough they might bother you. That being said, they might be great. I say go for it (whichever one you decide on) and see it in person!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rose gold ring (#1) all the way!!! Gorgeous.
30.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t catch that it was rose gold. Even better.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 7:50:05 PM
Author: Dee Jay
Both are very cool, but I vote for the first one. And I think the gold really flatters the garnets.

ETA: One thing about the I1s. I looked at a pendant with small I1s in a halo around a larger stone. One of them had a small carbon spot, but since it was such a tiny stone to begin with it really took over the diamond. Once I pointed it out to my husband he said it looked like there are a dozen little white diamonds and one dirty gray one. If the stones aren''t good enough they might bother you. That being said, they might be great. I say go for it (whichever one you decide on) and see it in person!

I''ve noticed that before too: when the stone is so small & the inclusion just takes over and it''s all grey!
14.gif
well, it(they) should be here any day. I finally ordered another that i might use as a wedding ring(i never replaced my lost wedding bands) too.

I''ll probably decide which one I like the best and send the other back.

J137234_400.jpg

it''s this but in YG. It''s so cool that there are more RG & YG fans around here lately.

Vive l''or jaune!
37.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not partial to yellow gold, but I like the second one much better. It's a simpler look; the first one seems a bit too busy for me.

ETA: Oh boy, just read everyone's responses, and it looks like I'm the only one who doesn't like the first one! Eh, I was always a little strange....

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 1:39:48 AM
Author: Cinderella
I''m not partial to yellow gold, but I like the second one much better. It''s a simpler look; the first one seems a bit too busy for me.

ETA: Oh boy, just read everyone''s responses, and it looks like I''m the only one who doesn''t like the first one! Eh, I was always a little strange....

lol! i am also concerned about the intricacy & width on my hand.

my ring size is a bit sub-average(after the baby it''s 4.75right-5.00 left) but i don''t have a lot of space from joint to joint. So the overwhelm/busyness could definitely be a factor. I wish I had long elegant fingers. I thought maybe i could swing it because it''s not solid like this other style i liked too:
J155131_400.jpg

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Kaylagee when did you loose your wedding rings?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
J155131_400.jpg

Wowza! I love this one!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those last two rings are stunning! I can't decide which I like better!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 12:16:38 PM
Author: moon river
OMG Kaylagee when did you loose your wedding rings?

I lost my orig. (ceremony) engraved band and one of my bezel eternities last summer. As usual, I was applying lotion in the car and removed them. I was going to the bank & post-office and didn't realize that they were gone until my next stop, we drove back thinking maybe I'd stood up(I usually put them in my lap..my belly was huge) and they fell in the parking lot, but nothing. :<

I don't have any of my originals now: wedding/e-ring! If I were more superstitious I'd be scared. lol!

I swore off removing them for lotion in public but my hands get so dry that i can't stand it. I also don't like smearing them with lotion. DH sez better that they're dirty and I still have them, they can always be cleaned. i'm workin' on that.

They're already on the way back. Both the diamond ring and the garnet monstrosity(on my hand at least). First the half-band that I hoped I could wear as a w-band...too wide for me.

gdbband1.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
i think it could be really nice for someone tho'' ---

gdbb2.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t think that the garnets would project so far from the setting...
14.gif

rgrhopro.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock

rgrhod1.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock

rgrho2.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
my manhand paw

rgmanhands2.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
last one made super small.. don''t want anyone to barf from my hands and the fit of the ring. lol.
1.gif

rgbeurk.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you made the right choice. I didn''t like the yg ring on your finger at all (something about the ring I just don''t like) and even though that garnet ring was divine in the pictures, that sucker is GINORMOUS!!! I definitely think you made the right choice sending both back. The search continues!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results