shape
carat
color
clarity

ID Jewelry Bezel Studs + Jackets

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Last week, I was asking if anyone had seen any bezel-set studs in ID Jewelry's famous 3-pointer jackets. I didn't find much, but I'm happy to say I have my own set now to share! IDJ was great to work with - and fast! - and they found me some beautiful stones that fit perfectly in my jackets. The diamonds are 0.66ctw (avg diameter of about 4.5mm), D color, eyeclean SI1-2 clarity, GIA Ex-Ex-Ex, set into platinum bezels.

Normally these jackets are made to fit 5mm / 1 ctw diamonds in typical prong settings. Because the bezels (although thin) take up more room than a basket setting, you have to go down in carat weight to get bezel studs to fit nicely in the jackets. The bonus is you get approximately the same "look" as 1ctw, but it's less expensive. I also just prefer bezel settings in general. My e-ring is a Ritani Endless Love, so these earrings compliment it nicely!

Please ignore my pale skin and messy hair. I'm sick, so I wasn't wearing any makeup and had just thrown my hair into a messy ponytail. Look at the bling, not me! :bigsmile:

dsc_4275.jpg

dsc_21.jpg

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
And, for the heck of it, a couple more looks with the same jackets.

Pearls (5.0 - 5.5 mm AAA Akoya pearls from Pearl Paradise) and Tsavorites (5 mm from Prima Gems). I also have rubies and pink spinels to go in the jackets, but no pics of those.

dsc_22.jpg

dsc_23.jpg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - so pretty!! I love them with the pearls too! Now I'm wondering if my pearls fit mine. Need some Tsavorires too! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and so versatile with the jackets! You've done very well - I love them!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Just fantastic!!!

I would love love love to see the rubies and pink spinels if you feel like taking another photoshoot. :)

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! I love all the combinations!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh they are PERFECT with every stud you have!! I love them with the bezel set diamonds- I don't think I've seen that before, even when PSers post if anyone has them, I must miss any pics! thanks for posting - they do look great with a bezel AND a prong stud!!

Great studs - loving them with the Akoya pearls!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them! And one of my favorite looks is the pearls in the jackets!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I looooove it!!! It looks great with everything!!!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Can I ask how much the studs were? I'm thinking of getting some bezeled to wear with my jackets. I'm wondering of IDJ prices compare to whiteflash or BGD?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
They look awesome with the bezeled studs!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: I love this look. They look great with your other studs too :love:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! And I love how you can get multiple looks with the jackets. The bezel studs are very pretty and the pearls look very elegant. Great choice!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
The jackets are gorgeous!! I love all the different looks. Please take some pics of the rubies and spinels too when you get a chance! ::)

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Love all those different looks you're able to get! and I adore bezel studs! :appl:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just perfect. Wonderful job. I second the request for pics of the other studs!

Anne

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments! I do loooove the jackets - my husband jokes that, for the price of $600 (I got the jackets on preloved), I can make any plain stud look like it came from one of the HIGH-end jewelers. I don't know if that's true or not, but it does give a lot of versatility and a lot of bling for a reasonable price.

Jax, I bought the bezel earrings as a package - i.e., I'm not sure how much IDJ was charging me for the individual diamonds and then the mounting. And keep in mind that mine are platinum, which would be more than gold. I don't want to say the exact number on here (wish we had PMing!), but I will say that I looked at comparable sets from BGD and Whiteflash that had slightly lower color (say, F-G) in platinum *basket* settings (which are quite a bit less than their bezels) and it *still* would have been a couple of hundred more to go with either of them. The price difference was magnified when comparing bezel settings, but I didn't think that was a fair comparison since BGD has those lovely handmade bezels. I also didn't see a lot of D colored pairs, either, but then again, I didn't particularly care about getting Ds vs F-Gs. All this is to say, you should def let IDJ get you a quote. I liked that they had my exact jackets there and could find the best fit without me having to mail them a jacket to play with, like BGD requested. QUICK turnaround, too!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them with the diamonds. There is something about the bezel that makes them seem special.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love every option that you combined with your diamond jackets. I just got a pair of cushion shaped jackets from Yekutiel for Christmas, made with .03 pointers. I'm going to order smaller pearls (5mm) so I can wear them with mine too. It's a awfully nice look! Congrats!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Soooooooo beautiful! Congrats! :appl: :love: :appl:

Nikomi

Rough_Rock
@tara3056 I love your bezel studs! Would you mind sharing if they are low set/have a low profile and what kind of basket shape is under the diamond? Is it martini or a flat basket under the bezel? I am interested in a pair like this but not sure what to ask for.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, congrats!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results