shape
carat
color
clarity

i''d appreciate your thoughts ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

premabs2

Rough_Rock
I am looking at two diamonds - both GIA. One is a G VS2 and the other is a K VS2 H&A cut. The K unquestionably has more "sparkle". The jeweler placed both stones on a white card and, under bright light, I could see the K was a little off color. However, when he put each stone in a temporary setting and I looked at them side by side under the store lights and in the daylight outside, I frankly could not tell the difference between the colors. The K is 37 points larger (1.5 vs. 1.87C)and quite a bit cheaper.

The jeweler tells me that the K is a particularly good value because it is high in its applicable Rappaport price range and that a diamond of 2.01, for example, would be indistinguishable to the eye but would drastically jump in price. Is he accurate?

Will I be disappointed with the K or is this color a good value tradeoff?

THanks for the advice!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The K may annoy you when you look side on or at an oblique angle at the stone.

1.87 is a great value option (and quite hard to come by. We call them over sizes. You can tell people it is "almost" 2ct but pay a 1.5ct price.

The fact that 2 H&A's diamonds are of different cut quality shows that H&A's is not a gaurantee of ideal performance.

The ideal-scope is a better way to make a cut quality distinction between diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results