shape
carat
color
clarity

Iced Tea Punch- Is there such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I am throwing a bridal shower for my sister. The theme is a "Mad Hatter" Tea Party.

We are probably not going to serve hot coffee or tea just to simplify things, but I definitely want to at least have Iced Tea since it is supposed to be a tea party. Does anyone know of an Iced Tea Punch recipe that would be good?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure I've heard of Iced Tea Punch. Have you checked recipezaar? There are a ton of flavored teas on the market that would make great punch. Tazo tea makes a tea called "Berry Blossom White" that's very fruity, almost juice like. I'd brew up something like that and then add sparkling water or sprite to it. You could also add some cranberry or white grape juice to it for extra flavor. Garnish with fresh raspberries or blueberries. YUM!!!

Here are some listings from Recipezaar.com

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=Iced+tea+punch&Search=Search&Searcht=

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t check out the link above but Starbucks has a really good tea drink. I''m drawing a total blank right now on what its called but its some sort of tea (white maybe?) and then they add a fruity juice. Uhhhh... let me see if I can find it.

Ok I found it! It''s passionfruit juice mixed with tazo tea.
http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_beverage_detail.asp?selProducts=%7BCAFC6A01%2D4FDA%2D4759%2D8157%2DB16701E341E6%7D

You can add just a bit of sugar and its great!

They also do a tazo tea, lemonade, passionfruit drink

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
You could always just mix iced tea with a fruity flavored lemonade as well!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you mean an alcoholic punch?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
If you want to keep it simple, just do Arnold Palmer. If you do white tea, then you can add pink lemonade to make a cosmopolitea. hehe. You can also do nectar with iced tea and add fruit pieces ala sangria. Yum.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
mmmm.... now a tea punch is soing really good! qtiekiki- love the cosmopolitea! Great idea. JulieN- well I was thinking non-alch, but maybe I should do two?

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I am going to try and experiment with them and see which I like.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Homemade Gourmet sells a product called Raspberry Iced Tea Mix. They have a recipe that makes it into punch. It''s pink and very pretty and tasty.

I think the one I made called for the entire contents of the Mix, (15.5 oz), 1 big can of pineapple juice, 2 two liters of Ginger ale and frozen berries. It was frothy on top and the fruit kind of suspended in it.

April20

Ideal_Rock
My sister had some kind of tea punch at her bridal shower. I got bored and spiked mine with vodka. It was even better then. I think it was my aunt''s doing. I can dig into it if you want.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a traditionalist when it comes to tea. But... peach iced tea, right? And bellinis (which is Italian prosecco, a sparkling wine, and peach puree.) So... sparkling wine peach iced tea sounds pretty good to me. And it is simple.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:36:03 PM
Author: April20
My sister had some kind of tea punch at her bridal shower. I got bored and spiked mine with vodka. It was even better then. I think it was my aunt''s doing. I can dig into it if you want.
Ha ha! Not if it bored you!
9.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:56:17 PM
Author: JulieN
I''m a traditionalist when it comes to tea. But... peach iced tea, right? And bellinis (which is Italian prosecco, a sparkling wine, and peach puree.) So... sparkling wine peach iced tea sounds pretty good to me. And it is simple.
mmmm..... now that sounds good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results