shape
carat
color
clarity

I would like to reset my 1ct diamond into a halo setting

Samistrophe

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

So I got engaged two years ago, and am now happily married.
The problem is that I have a solitaire, but I am more of a halo girl.
My husband understands that and he's ok to reset my ring for my graduation in May 2012.
The deal is that I have two micro pave wedding bands, and I'd like to find a halo setting that allows them to sit on each side of it nicely, with no space in between as it is the case with many halos.
Any tips on where I could look for such a setting? The other dilemma is that our budget is between $1000 and $1800.
I'd love some help.

Thanks

IMG_0037.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I think you should check out www.eternitydiamonds.com and maybe order some of their sample e-rings to try with your current bands to make sure they look right to you. You can order up to 3 at a time to try out. A few I think could look nice with your bands and not leave a gap:

Charlotte (plain shank so your bands would stand out) 18k $780: http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Charlotte-Diamond-Solitaire-with-Halo-Setting-%28.17-ctw.%29-116.htm

Zora (sidestones sit up higher so rings could prob. still sit flush) 18k $1,285: http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Zora-diamond-ring-with-diamond-accents-and-diamond-studded-band-by-Eternity-%28.40-ctw.%29-257.htm

Diamond halo (.19) 18k $995: http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Diamond-Halo-Ring-316.htm

Diamond halo (.22 carat) 18k $1,225: http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Diamond-Halo-Ring-%28.22-ctw.%29-377.htm

Diamond halo (.47 carat) 18k $1,475: http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Diamond-Halo-Ring-%28.47-ctw.%29-380.htm

slg47

Ideal_Rock

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I was going to suggest Eternity Diamonds as well. I love the Zora setting and the last setting that Rubybeth posted. GORGEOUS!!! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speak to a couple of these vendors and tell them you want all the halo settings in your budget where the wb sits flush - I'm sure they'll be happy to help you - It's not a strange request.

stci

Ideal_Rock

danyhutch

Rough_Rock
I like the halo/plain band setting the most!! I think that your two eternity pave bands will even pop more next to it!!! :appl: Very beautiful!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS. I'd recommend Eternity Diamonds as well. Try out their replicas. Prices are great--my halo in my avatar is from them.

Blue Nile won't sell an empty setting unless you buy a stone from them unfortunately.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Samistrophe|1317309493|3028724 said:
Hi,

Thank you all for your help. I really like all of your suggestions.
However, I was leaning more towards a micro pave halo setting.
What do you think of the blue nile one?
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?forceStep=STYLE_STEP&offer_id=20395
I like it a lot but can't seem to figure out whether it's high enough for my bands to sit flush.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot

Have you asked BN about whether they will set your stone in their setting. They wont do it for a lot of their settings.
Not sure about this one.

I dont really care for this one. Looks like a lot of metal from the top and I really dont like the profile.

Samistrophe

Rough_Rock
Re: I finally did it and I love it :)

Hi all,

Again thank you very much for your help and suggestions.
I ended up going to my local jeweler and he did a great job for cheaper than anywhere else I had looked.
I love my new halo it goes great with my wedding bands.
And my husband loves it too, he's always looking at it :)
What do you think?

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Samistrophe said:
Hi all,

Again thank you very much for your help and suggestions.
I ended up going to my local jeweler and he did a great job for cheaper than anywhere else I had looked.
I love my new halo it goes great with my wedding bands.
And my husband loves it too, he's always looking at it :)
What do you think?

Looks great! Can we see a profile shot?? :)

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It makes your diamond look a lot bigger. It goes so well with your bands. I love the sparkle!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing! I love it with the bands on the side of it.

Samistrophe

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks!!
Here's a profile shot.

IMG_0270.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried it w/just one of the bands ... or the bands stacked together below the e-ring? I have a feeling the e-ring would look MASSIVE in either of those cases.

It looks amazing as is -- CONGRATS! Just love to play around w/things & couldn't help asking!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it... but being halo girl.. I'm a fan...

I also wear two bands.. but often will leave one off or go without my bands... because the ring is so pretty alone too!!! Enjoy!!! :love:

Samistrophe

Rough_Rock
I haven't tried any combination yet as I just got it last Thursday and I'm still in shock that my hubby did it earlier than my graduation in May. :love: For now I'm just enjoying the fact that my bands sit flush next to it. I'll definitely try your suggestions though and I'll share some pix. :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Samistrophe said:
Hi,

Thanks!!
Here's a profile shot.
love the profile- that is a perfect height for the stone :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Samistrophe said:
I haven't tried any combination yet as I just got it last Thursday and I'm still in shock that my hubby did it earlier than my graduation in May. :love: For now I'm just enjoying the fact that my bands sit flush next to it. I'll definitely try your suggestions though and I'll share some pix. :appl:
congrats on the ring an on the upcoming graduation :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous reset Samistrophe! :appl: That looks HUGE now and works beautifully with your 2 eternity bands - I like that they created the halo high enough to not touch the bands. Very VERY nice selection! I can see why your DH loves to admire it! :love: :love: :love:

FairieMoon79

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful reset!! Your look with the bands on either side is perfect inspiration for how I want my halo to look.
Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results