shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to write my vows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
Question

who is written there vows? I want to do it but I dont know how to go about it. when do you exchange them ?

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Fi and I are in the process of writing our own.

The way we are doing it is this:

We are crafting our own "personal statement" This is basically just a statement of our love, what exactly it is that brought us to this point (this point = marriage)

Then...

We took traditional vows.. and re wrote them to be our own...

In the ceremony, we will each recite our "personal statement" and then immediately move into the traditional exhange of vows...

I hope that helps.. we really wanted to write our own vows.. but also wanted that traditional aspect too.. so we are doing both...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
FI and I have written our own vows.

I''m happy to post them if anyone would find them useful as a starting point - quite long though!

They are a mixture of traditional and various humanist ones that I found on the web and some bits of our own.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 8:25:07 AM
Author:Mrs.soontobealfonzo
Question

who is written there vows? I want to do it but I dont know how to go about it. when do you exchange them ?
My husband and I wrote our entire renewal ceremony including the vows and including what the officiant said.

We went to the library and checked out books on it - and then just got creative! We had like 10 books to look through with lots of ideas, examples, and styles. I''m sure now a simple internet search could make the job even easier!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I did a combo platter -- we did "traditional" vows but also asked if we could exchange vows. FI and I murmured quietly for like 15 seconds each at the altar...I was a bit worried our guests would think it''s rude, but they all actually thought it was sweet and private. It was a really beautiful moment...

It was my favorite part of the ceremony, and the hardest to come up with. I basically told DH that I will cherish all that he has entrusted me with, that he is refuge, my adventure, we are each other''s soul echo. Then something private.

He said a lot of wonderful things, too -- he wrote his down. I will never forget that he started with "You taught me how to love" which just made me dissolve. He did end with a private joke that made me laugh through my tears.

It was just a love letter to one another. Your officiant should be able to direct you to the "appropriate'' part of the ceremony. We did our immediately after the traditional vows.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results