shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to work in the jewelry industry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I''ve spent my time since college working in advertising and Public Relations. (I''ve worked for publications like, The Wall Street Journal and smaller tech magazines... as well as newswires.)

I am SOOOOO tired of my job. I feel like I am going through the motions of what I need to do to get my paycheck... I have started to dread going into my office, everyday. (Okay, so my not-so-nice boss might have something to do with it. Grrr)

For quite a long time now, I have been thinking of making a change. I''d love to use what I already know about advertising / PR / sales and make the move into the jewelry industry. I''d love to find something on the PR / Advertising end... but sales would be great too! I would love the opportunity to help a company grow, that''s what I enjoy doing!

Since I was about 12, I have studied (independently, of course) and learned so much about the industry. I have such a deep love for helping people with diamonds / rings / jewelry.

In my current job, I am completely unfulfilled. I feel as though moving towards something I have ALWAYS been passionate about - is something I have to do as soon as possible. (For my sanity. Heehee)

I know a few jewelers - and so often I am teaching THEM about jewelry, the latest industry news etc. One of my friends, who is a GIA grad, giggles about how I know more than her about what''s current in the industry.

I feel blessed that I can probably find a job, with a great company - since the city I live in is full of great jewelry companies.

So here''s my question to you..

Has anyone else thought of this too? If so, what advice do you have?
How do I get started?

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Why don''t you contact the jewelry companies that you want to work for and see if they have any positions available in the PR area? Some companies may even have listing online of available positions. You could also contact a headhunter and let them know what you''re looking for and they might be able to find something for you. Just a few ideas.

I''m currently doing a job that I don''t like and I''m trying to find something that would be more satisfying, so I can relate to your post.

Good luck. I''m sure you''ll find a way to do what you want, just keep aiming for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results