shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to share my excitement...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I just put my ring in an ultrasonic cleaner for the first time since I got in in December.

I nearly cried.

When I got it, FI had been wearing it on a chain around his neck for a week cos he was traveling and was afraid to lose it. I''ve given it the odd brush since...but never like this. It''s like I''ve been given a free upgrade! It''s doing things I didn''t even know diamonds could do!

This changes everything.
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I WANT ONE!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I really want one - which one do you have?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I AGREEEEEEEEEE, they make diamonds sparkle like MAD
31.gif
Which do you have? I have the Sharper Image one.

FUN, huh!!! You will be cleaning friends and families diamonds too!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Oooh. I''ve been wanting to get one but didn''t know which one. Different reviews tell so many different experiences that I am confused.

So which one did you get????
31.gif

My diamond needs a real bath!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome!

Once I get a diamond that I can actually clean (ahem! BF!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
) I will definitely invest in one.

Details on the one you have??

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I had a cheap one but it broke months ago. I desperately need a new one!
What US did you get?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the world of obessively cleaning your diamonds!

I love mine (Sharper Image), and I use it all the time (especially if I can get a friend to let me clean theirs!
27.gif
). Diamonds look sooo much prettier when they are clean!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t buy one...yet. I went to pick up a (beautiful) ring that my dad bought my mum for their silver anniversary, and the jeweler was looking at my ring, and said "hang on a sec...I''ll be right back." And right back he was...only I could see anything cos I was blinded by the sparkle!!! Haha...I''ll be talking to him again tomorrow, I''ll ask which one he has and for recommendations!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Just don''t buy the one from Brookstone - my lid broke after only a few months.
14.gif
It still cleans sparklies though.
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I bought a vintage ring off Ebay and got it yesterday. It was DISGUSTING. I cleaned it w/ a toothbrush and stuck in my ultrasonic for the longest time possible. Pulled it out this morning and it was all sparkly. Diamonds are really small (think the center is .12) but now it has sparkle and you can really see them.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
There was a thread on ultrasonic cleaners ages back. From those recs I bought a sharper image ultrasonic. It''s amazing. Also in that thread is the perfect cleaning solution. Definitely go check it out!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Um....This might sound totally ghetto, but I use my Sonic Care toothbrush (old toothbrush head of course) and some light soap. It shines it like new. I've gotten my ring steam cleaner @ jewelers and the Soniccare is just about as clean...

ETA: Um, porridge, shouldn't there be pictures that go with this thread
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Yes, there should be pictures. Get busy, Porridge! We want proof!
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 1:16:14 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Um....This might sound totally ghetto, but I use my Sonic Care toothbrush (old toothbrush head of course) and some light soap. It shines it like new. I''ve gotten my ring steam cleaner @ jewelers and the Soniccare is just about as clean...

ETA: Um, porridge, shouldn''t there be pictures that go with this thread
9.gif
Brilliant. But I''d probably just use the same head--first teeth then ring in one easy step! I mean, I do it that way with my regular brush sometimes. Easy peasy and instant gratification.

Side note: my hubby got me this inexpensive but good ultrasonic -- it works fine but in the future I will want one that has things that stick up (to separate or hold) so my rings don''t wiggle toward each other, if you know what I mean.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I''d really like to get one too!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo that''s cool Porridge!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Awesome Porridge!! I am obsessed with my ring being sparkly!! FI calls me cleaning it, "Getting my fix".
27.gif

I got a US for Christmas, the Brookstone one actually, and it doesn't do half the job that the steamer at the jeweler's does. I only use it to clean FI's watch and college ring. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... but the Brookstone one tells you to use regular tap water.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Awesome thread RedFaery - what page is the cleaning solution? I''m lazy and there''s a lot of pages...

lliangchi and HollyS - I am now freaking out because I CAN''T FIND MY CAMERA!! I swear it was in my handbag...I will work on the pictures. I now want a whole new SMTR thread because there are rainbows leaping out of my ring now. RAINBOWS. This is freaking awesome. Happy days!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results