shape
carat
color
clarity

I visited my dress with more pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I had an accessories appointment this week to try on veils and such with my dress. I took some more pics for you guys. My original thread on my dress is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-found-my-dress.94354/

I wish that I got more pics of the back of the dress but I did not. I was happy that this time the dress was a lot smaller on me. The top was really big so the sample isn''t fitting as good on me. The good thing is there is no more tummy pooch. YAY.

I also think I found a veil I like. I was originally going to wear a birdcage veil but the one I ordered was too small so now I''m trying out options. The veil in the pic is a cathedral rhinestone veil. You can''t see the sparkles in the pic but they are there and so pretty.

In the first pic I am wearing a necklace that I am NOT going to wear. I am going to use it on my bouquet though.

em1forps2.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
What do you think about the veil?

em1veil.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Please ignore the purple nailpolish. It will not be that color the day of the wedding. Also, The birdcage veil, that I initally loved made me look like I was wearing a costume. While I love that look and may still wear it that day in some way, I don''t think it will be down the aisle. When I meant it was too short, I should have explained that I must have a big head because wherever I position it, it does not lay right. The shop I got it from is remaking it for me so I will still have one.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I like the veil I think it looks lovely :)

BTW that dress looks amazing on you

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I''m so unsure about the veil. I really do like it but I always thought of myself with something different. There was this toni fredric veil with a ribbon type bow on top that I saw in a mag. about a year ago that I haven''t really tried that hard to find. I made an appointment at Kleinfelds next weekend but I didn''t buy my dress there so I wonder if I will find anything I like there. We will see I guess. I love my dress though.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
I love the dress. I love the way it looks when it is swept to the side, maybe you could stand like that most of the night?
I am sure it is gorgeous from all angles.
Good choice!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Do you know how many times my fiance has been forced to look at your dress? I keep showing it to him because I am in LOVE with it. Something about the ruffles at the bottom give me chills. You look fabulous in it! Can''t wait to see the finished product.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! I especially love the skirt with the side swept ruffles.
30.gif

Just curious - is that the necklace you''re going to wear with the dress?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, that dress is gorgeous on you!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks stunning on you. I love your dress.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Your dress is so incredibly lovely. It was just made for you!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved it the first time around, and loving it all the more the second time around. It''s gorgeous!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WOW, you look stunning!!! The dress really compliments your figure, and the details are lovely. Well done!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the ruffled hem!!

Don''t shoot me, because I mean this in the best possible way - I had a baby blanket when I was very little that had a ruffled satin edging. I think that''s part of why I love all these ruffled hems. They feel so nostalgic and sweet.

It looks beautiful on you. Do you have other dresses you''re planning to look at at Kleinfeld''s, or are you just going to let them pick stuff for you?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Aw, that dress is just gorgeous on you, Em. You made a great choice, and congrats on slimming down a little! You look amazing (not that you didn''t before, of course!).

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
It's just so very pretty!

What was the tummy pooch before? You or the gown? Because you look amazing. If it was you, how did you get rid of it?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words, everyone! I really am so excited about wearing it!

Ally...that is so nice to hear from you. Glad you are doing better. I love your dress too! Its funny cause I really want to show my FI but...he won''t even go ernear the camera or the computer. He''s really superstitious.

Sha...while I love the necklace I have decided to incorporate it some other way. It just made the dress look too informal.

Musey...that''s too funny about the baby blanket. So cute. I love ruffles. I actually bought the dress back in September so I won''t be trying on any more. The Klienfelds appt. is soley for the purpose of finding a veil. I''m love the one above but I''m not sure that it is, "me". Dare I say its a little too bridal for my tastes.

Dreamgirl...The tummy pooch was all me before. I''ve lost about 4 - 6lbs since the start of Nov. I actually am hypothyroid so loosing a few is not easy for me. Really I''ve just been super carefull about not overeating and I run about 26 miles a week. However, I''ve always worked out so that didn''t really change but I did add in an extra day of running. I can realistically keep that up till the wedding but long term, not so much. I did however tone down my weekend couple glasses of wine. I think that has helped some.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look terrific in that dress, and I love, love, love (!) the vintage feel of the bodice!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! It looks perfect on you.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love that dress on you. Beautiful!!!!
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ruffle detail on the bottom of that dress. It''s a real show stopping detail. I think as far as the veil goes, it''s a lot like the dress. You have to try on a few until you find the one that''s just right. Good luck and happy shopping!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous dress! Love the look of a long veil with it. Stunning!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls! I''ve been stressing latley about my dress. I really love my dress but I just noticed that online it says that I could get it in the satin fabric. This really upsets me cause the one downfall about this dress is that its silk tafetta. Ugh, I think I need to just get over it cause I odered it so long ago. Should I call and ask the store anyway? Or should I just let it go?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
The dress is beautiful!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in love with your dress! If I didn''t have one already, I''d go buy yours!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 9:41:54 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I''m in love with your dress! If I didn''t have one already, I''d go buy yours!!
OMG...too funny! I think that every time I see anyones dress on here. I''m just looking at thingof2''s dress and thinking that if I had that body I would so buy that dress.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You look great in that dress! And I think the veil really works too.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You look GREAT in the dress and the veil is pretty too:)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE your dress. It is so beautiful and different from everything else out there.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is so glamorous, very old hollywood. I adore the ruffle hem. I think the veil just makes the whole image more dramatic. I know you told us to ignore your necklace, and I''m sure it''s not even in consideration but for the record, I think it adds to the glamor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results