shape
carat
color
clarity

I think we have a menu!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Salad:
Baby Romaine Lettuce. Parmesan and Maldon black peppercorn dressing, brioche garlic crostini.

Appetizers. Combination of
Lightly Seared Yellow Fin Tuna Loin Lemon confit, mustard seed and aged balsamic vinaigrette.
Hudson Valley Foie Gras Parfait and Sugar Spiced Smoked Duck Sherry, black pepper, and caramel.

Entrees. Choice of
Herb Roasted Sirloin. Roasted Yukon potatoes, wild mushrooms, pearl onions, and syrah sauce.
Sauteed Florida Red Snapper. Lobster whipped potatoes, broccoli raab, roasted tomato jus.

Wedding cake and hors d''oeuvres are still to be determined. And we need to finalize the entree selections, but I think we might be able to order the invitations tomorrow!!
36.gif

And on Friday, I finally found pictures of two real brides wearing my wedding dress. It really really helped to see it fitting properly on someone, and I''m really excited now.

Thanks so much to everyone who has been there for me and helping me this past week. It''s meant a lot and has really helped.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh that sounds delicious! Did you get to go for a tasting?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Ok, now I''m hungry!

Those sound amazing!!
18.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds tasty...I love red snapper! One thing, and I don''t mean to be obnoxious in any way, but have you read about foie gras? I''m not an activist, but reading about foie gras has really disgusted me...they even banned it in Chicago. http://www.nofoiegras.org/

I''m so glad you are feeling better about your dress! Can you share any of those pics on other people?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited about the food!

Facetfire, that''s not obnoxious at all. I had heard something about that, but never enough details that it clicked when I was looking at the menus. And since we''re still trying to make final decisions, I really appreciate your feedback! For the appetizers, each guest gets a half-portion of two different ones. We get to choose between the two above, plus

Roasted Golden Beets and Local Goat Cheese Banyuls vinaigrette and wild tarragon
Prime Beef Carpaccio black truffle, parmesan and roasted garlic crostinis

Because everyone gets both of them, we''d like to go with ones that people would generally like. We''d like the beef carpaccio, but we were wondering how people would react to basically raw beef. Now that you mention it, foie gras also falls into that category of people potentially having a strong negative reaction. Does anyone have any opinions/advice?

We haven''t gone to any tastings because of the distance, but because we only really need to decide on the entrees right now I could always go when I''m in the area next month. Yum.

I''m not sure of the etiquette with posting other people''s pictures online, but here are the links to the pictures of the dress:
Allure Bio, scroll down to very bottom of the page
popularnottie''s bio

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I LOVE your dress even more now after seeing those pics! It is stunning! I want my dress to look like that! :)

I think that the Golden Beets and Goat Cheese sounds like a great choice, especially since those who are more vegetarian-types will be able to eat some of the appetizer...and you could keep the tuna. That sounds yummy to me...I adore goat cheese! I know I would be very turned off if someone served me foie gras, and like I said, I am not an activist-type person, but I do love animals. I just hate the idea of some of these food practices...they make me so sad.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh, great menu! I''ve been to 2941 a couple of times and the food is amazing! I''ve had the foie gras there and it''s really good, but if the guest list would object, then by all means, ask for something else.

And ask if they''ll make the cotton candy and marshmallows to go along with your cake! They do really great cotton candy! The times I went they brought out little jars of it with our desserts! fabulous!

E B

Ideal_Rock
That sounds delicious! But will you have a vegetarian option?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yum! my friend who is getting married this summer in sonoma at a winery just went for their tasting this weekend and they loved all the food. her menu sounds divine as well. i love wedding food, hehee.

oh and re: foie gras or beef, i wouldn't eat either actually. i am pretty adventurous but i'm just not a raw beef person and i can't stand foie gras. but greg would eat both so he'd probably just eat mine! lol.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Facetfire! I practically started shrieking when I found the photos.
1.gif

I'm going to ask them if I can come by at the end of Feb and try the different appetizers. I love goat cheese but the sound of golden beets doesn't sound all that appealing to me, but at the same time they have great food and I might just love them.

Sumbride, their cotton candy automatically comes with the meal!!! I think that we're going to have a bunch on the cake table.
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, none of the options on their wedding menus are vegetarian. My MOH's dad is vegetarian, and so we're going to talk to them about providing him (and any other vegetarians, but I think it's only him) with an option that he can eat. They're a restaurant, so I'm sure that they can come up with something.

Mara, thanks for weighing in on foie gras/beef. I generally think of you as being adventurous with food, so I think I need to rethink that choice.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 4:34:45 PM
Author: Blenheim
Ebree, none of the options on their wedding menus are vegetarian. My MOH's dad is vegetarian, and so we're going to talk to them about providing him (and any other vegetarians, but I think it's only him) with an option that he can eat. They're a restaurant, so I'm sure that they can come up with something.

Mara, thanks for weighing in on foie gras/beef. I generally think of you as being adventurous with food, so I think I need to rethink that choice.

Yeah, they can come up with something! My FFIL, best friend and FH's best friend are all vegetarians, so we have to find something really good for them (and any others I don't know about yet). We're thinking herb stuffed tomatoes. All of our sides are vegetarian too, so they'll have plenty to eat.

I know I've said it before, but I love your dress! It looks amazing on that knottie and will look MORE amazing on you once it's altered. The fabric looks beautiful in the sun.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol blen...yeah i typically will eat almost anything but there are a few things i am not that into...they include foie gras, duck, raw beef, veal, anything funky like rabbit or elk or snake, haha. i don''t love raw oysters but i have been known to eat them. other than that i am pretty flexible. i love ahi tuna tartare...and fried oysters, i would even eat escargot since i have heard it was good.

it seems like a lot of french food has the duck/veal/foie gras thing going on so we hardly ever eat true french. hehe. but greg LOVES that stuff!!

one year we got a ressie for NYE at a french restaurant in NYC ... it was totally last minute and all the concierge could find, it was ridiculously expensive and it was prix fixe so we were stuck...thanks to our bad planning. well i ended up having to eat cornish hen, foie gras, TRUFFLED brains (which were disguised as some fancy name until i ate them and greg informed me what it was!!), and a bit of duck. i was like okay this is the worst dinner ever for me. but the dessert was awesome. lol. greg loved everything and it''s one of his fave dinners, so it really depends on the person, hehe.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Everything sounds scrumptious!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, thanks so much!

Looking at their dinner menu, the only vegetarian option is Sautéed Tofu with braised banana flower, chayote, pickled kohlrabi, and curried coconut milk. I think that looks pretty good too.

Mara, that''s funny. My dad really wanted to serve veal until we pointed out that a lot of people really don''t like veal. And while there would still be the choice of fish, I just don''t know about choosing something that I know a lot of people object to. I''ll talk to them about the foie gras and beef carpaccio tonight.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 4:47:50 PM
Ebree, thanks so much!

Looking at their dinner menu, the only vegetarian option is Sautéed Tofu with braised banana flower, chayote, pickled kohlrabi, and curried coconut milk. I think that looks pretty good too.

Ooh, that would definitely work. Every veggie I know loves tofu. My fiance (not even close to a veggie) loves it.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I would personally not eat foie gras nor the beef either- probably best to stick with something a little bit less controversial, especially when it's something everyone will be served rather than choose. Everything else sounds really tasty though
18.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Blen,
I''m excited for you! The menu sounds good. I didn''t even know what foie gras was
emembarrassed.gif
but having checked out the site, I probably would stick w/something less controversial. The tuna and the beets sound good. I''m not a huge beets fan but they might taste good that particular way, especially w/the goat cheese. Also, one "meat" and one veggie seems like a good mix. I''m sure the chef can come up w/something if you talk it over w/him.
The veggie option sounds good too!

Btw, the dress is beautiful! Those are great pics of that second bride and the dress is just stunning. I love all the lace! So pretty!!

And cotton candy at dinner! Yum!!
18.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 4:32:09 PM

Sumbride, their cotton candy automatically comes with the meal!!! I think that we''re going to have a bunch on the cake table.
9.gif

I SO want to come to your wedding! If you have any last minute cancellations, let me know! I''m in the area!
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blen, your menu choices sound wonderful! I shared them with the happy hubby and interestingly enough we each chose the exact opposite one of each course, ha ha.

As for foi egras and carpaccio; that's a tough one. I wouldn't eat the FG but I would the carpacccio. The happy hubby LOVES foi gras. So no good advice for you there!

BTW, you can seat me right beside Sumbride!
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy, getting hungry just reading the menu!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That menu sounds delicious! I want to add as well, that while I would definitely fall into the "not eating foie gras" camp, if I went to a wedding and it was served, I just would pass on it and eat any of the other yummy things. So don''t stress. If you like it, have it. Guests who don''t want to eat it don''t have to, and there will still be plenty for them to eat. But if you try it and don''t like it, then I think something else might be a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results