shape
carat
color
clarity

I think something is happening tonight

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Its the end of our 2 weeks in the US, second romantic surprise dinner in 2 nights, missed calls from NY numbers...

Thats as far as i could type earlier tonight while my partner went to the bathroom.

He proposed!

We had a romantic dinner at the madarin oriental NYC and then a horse and carriage ride around central park. I had dressed nice for the restaurant so didnt have a beanie, ended up with my scarf around my head like a turbin! Then up to the top of the empire state building where he proposed :) with a ring from forever 21 as ours is currently in transit to meet us in los angeles. Anyway we have an early flight tomorrow and will be reunited with the ring on friday so i will update with ring pics soon!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! How very exciting and romantic. Your FI did a great job planning a memorable NYC proposal. Looking forward to seeing pictures after you catch up with your ring!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet story! I'm so jealous of your trip. A dream come true!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations hippi_pixi! It sounds wonderful, a New York City proposal! Romance!

I can't wait to see your completed ring, and I hope you stick around to show us photos of what I am imagining to be two gorgeous weddings!

:appl:

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! The proposal sounds lovely. I can't wait to see ring pics!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! What am exciting trip...I'm sure you are so excited for your engagement party now!!

vintagelover

Rough_Rock
What a romancer ;-) Congratulations, you must be over the moon!! :appl:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!! :appl: Can't wait to see pics of your ring....you should post pics of the Forever 21 ring too, I think that's so cute :bigsmile:

I love that he picked such a great time to propose and made it special even though you didn't have your actual ring. I suggested doing this in another thread and someone commented that they wouldn't like it if this happened :confused: I think it's awesome because the engagement is as much about the moment and the experience as it is about the ring. I just love this story!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Sounds very sweet and romantic. :))

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!! :appl: What a sweet proposal. I love how he used a temporary ring until you get your real one (today!!!!!) Love, love, love it! :love:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, that's wonderful!

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
Congrats Hippi!! What a wonderful story, and an absolutely stunning diamond to go with it, can't wait to see pics of the finished piece!! I have been following all of your threads with great interest, very much rooting for you. So glad that you found your dream diamond, and of course, the dream man to go with it ;-)

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! Very sweet proposal <3

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
so we arrived back in Australia yesterday but I'm still pretty jetlagged so i haven't got the energy up yet to do a full post on the ring. i thought i'd post a few sneak peak pics

its a 3.5 m vvs2 OEC (although it doesn't look like a stereotypical OEC)
its set in an antique setting adam had that was banged n bent up pretty bad but was restored to look brand new. it has little hearts around the basket and little circles in the shoulders that adam said could be set with tiny rose cut diamonds. or something else i guess

also in the first pic i do have obnoxiously orange nailpolish. its actually called Atomic OJ. after a week freezing my butt off in NY we came back to the Sunshine Coast in australia to find it had been raining nonstop for 2 weeks and was equally as miserable. so i atomic-oj-ed up to remind myself it is still summer in australia!

img_0498.jpg

img_649.jpg

img_0490.jpg

img_650.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Love the setting! The details are pretty. The ring looks ginormous on you. Btw .. I like your polish:)
Glad it was a successful exciting trip. The ring looks beautiful and an engagement in NYC perfect:)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
ahhhh I'm in love! The hearts are so perfect. Thanks for sharing with us first hehe. Glad you had a safe flight back!! Are you going to set rose cut or other stones in the little hearts, or just leave it as is?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Great result on your trip away!! Lovely setting.
Congrats on the engagement!!!

Woo hoo!!

So-what did u end up with FI ring?? CZ ??

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Love love love! Congrats!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
thanks elizateach, pandabee, gregchang and rosebloom.

the hearts i will leave as is. its the little circles in the shoulders that could have something set in them. i won't do anything just yet. probably in the future if i get bored :razz: i like the idea of rose cuts though i'm not sure how they would look. i could end up putting in teeny tiny pink diamonds... :)

greg we probably won't do an e-ring for my other half. i think anything suitable is going to be way over what we'd be willing to spend on it considering it would never be worn. if you see anything fantastic for $500 let me know :razz:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Hippi, Congratulations on your engagement. Your diamond ring is gorgeous. Wear it in good health and happiness.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh hippi!!! So glad I clicked onto your thread! First of all, congratulations on your engagment ! Woohoo!!! And I love :love: your OEC ER!!!! Gorgeous and huge!!! So happy for you! I also love your atomic orange nail color-looks great on you!

Wear your ring in health and happiness and I am looking forward to your show me the bling pics when you recover from your very successful yet exhausting trip! I'm sure you are glad to be back home. It is freezing here these days. brrrrrr. Enjoy the warm weather by you- lucky girl!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
so i opened the fridge today and found a mysterious bottle of moet at the back of the fridge and then later went out to the fiances car and found a picnic basket with a big red ribbon on it. and remembered on valentines day, the night before we left for the US, my partner had said he had planned something but we could do it anytime if i was too tired. and i was too tired so i said lets do it when we get back.

now i've put 2 and 1 together and got 3! i turned down a proposal on valentines day! oops. and we've never had a picnic. i might have to remind him that we had postponed some plans :)

teacup

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! That sounds like such a lovely proposal. Your ring is stunning!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hippi, congrats! Your ring is gorgeous. Can't wait for a full SMTB thread with lots of pics! :love:

Cute story about the Valentines day almost-proposal ::) Now you get to have a really fancy picnic!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring!!! :appl: :appl:

More pics more pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results