shape
carat
color
clarity

I Think Necklaces Have Gone Out of Style...

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
...based on all the unadorned celebritiy necks I’ve seen lately.

Anyone else notice this?:roll2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah I don't think so. I think it depends on the neckline and the dress and what other bling one is wearing.

Speaking of last night and necklaces though...

Lady-Gaga-Necklace-2019-Oscars.jpg

ooLady-Gaga-Wears-128-Carat-Yellow-Tiffany-Diamond-Necklace-2019-Oscars.jpg

Now that's a necklace.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Attachments

• lady-gaga-11.jpg
    lady-gaga-11.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 25

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, the Tiffany Yellow Diamond! Wow!

But I saw hardly any other women on the Red Carpet wearing anything on their necks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So according to InStyle and a few other sources I quickly googled necklaces are not going anywhere right now.

https://www.instyle.com/fashion/accessories/jewelry/2019-jewelry-trends

https://www.whowhatwear.com/jewellery-trends-2019/slide3

I hope you're ready to ditch subtlety, because the 2019 jewelry trends are especially in-your-face. If you paid close attention to the runways, you might have noticed that they were filled with necklaces and bracelets piled and stacked on top of each other. Earrings were just as daring, with chunky, oversize hoops and long, dangling styles that dropped below the shoulders.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that was fast, missy-lol!

But I’m still noticing this trend...more and more naked necks...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that was fast, missy-lol!

But I’m still noticing this trend...more and more naked necks...

:lol:

Well, I prefer the minimalist look personally and generally leave my neck naked.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the trend is more minimalist and layered so maybe some are skipping the chunky necklaces for dressy events where you either have to go big or go home?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see necklaces worn by women everyday. What I do think is not 'in fashion' are traditional pearl strands and strands of semiprecious beads such as coral, tiger eye, lapis malachite, jade, amethyst etc. Although classic, not trendy. I see Tiffany silver chains adorned with charm heart, keys etc. Rarely see DBTY. I see single VCA Alahambra and a few diamond solitaires.

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
The delicate, minimalist necklace trend has been going on a while, so I could see that transforming into a no-necklace trend...

What I do think is not 'in fashion' are traditional pearl strands and strands of semiprecious beads such as coral, tiger eye, lapis malachite, jade, amethyst etc. Although classic, not trendy.

I agree with this, at least where I am. I see pearls at very formal events, like weddings, but not really otherwise, and I definitely don't see semiprecious bead strands out there, which is a shame, because I like them.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see plenty of young ladies wearing fine gold chains, layered. Tiffany still does good business with their pieces as does Pandora.
Pearls are definitely out, I can’t remember the last time I saw anyone wearing them other than super formal occasions / weddings.
Me, I wear what I like, I don’t care for fashion. Who was it who said, of his 50 year old suit, that “he’d been the height of fashion, three times so far”!
It comes it goes, it comes back again.
I’m ready :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me, I wear what I like, I don’t care for fashion. Who was it who said, of his 50 year old suit, that “he’d been the height of fashion, three times so far”!
It comes it goes, it comes back again.
I’m ready :wavey:

Exactly. I'm a lover of smart and sharp and personal style but I don't care much about fashion.

Yves Saint Laurent said:
“Fashion fades, style is eternal.”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results