shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I''ve found the Bridsmaids dresses!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I bought my shoes I spotted this pretty little number, tried it on myself and LOVED it! I think my 4 girls would look gorgeous in this dress, it''s very flattering the chiffon falls. I''ve struggled to find anything nice in the area I live in for under $200 (they want to pay for their dresses, and I''d pay the difference if it got to over $200) but this one is $160, which I think is reasonable because it really is beautifully made. I was thinking about it in chocolate or mocha to compliment my gold dress. I really value your opinions!!

What say you, ladies?!

BMaidsDress.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the colour swatches - chocolate and mocha are my picks atm, probably more mocha.

BMaidsColourSwatch.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Duuh... excuse the spelling, I meant Mocca
41.gif

BMaidsColourSwatch2.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I really like it. My only concern is what body shapes your girls have. If they are all skinny to average, it should be fine, but just know that chiffon can "stick" to places on the hips, etc. I ran into this when my BMs were trying on dresses.

Just a thought!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it, and it''s definitely something they could wear again. I would just make sure that you have them try it on first just to make sure it looks good on them. I had a dress picked out and then we went to try it on and it looked horrible on a couple of the girls and we ended up with a completely different dress.

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I really like it, especially if it falls nicely around your and the bridesmaids bodies. It is definitely something they can wear again, which is always a plus!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! All of my girls are very similar build, probably a size or two bigger than the model but very in proportion, so fingers crossed it''ll suit them all!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I really like that dress and for once it is not strapless! Seems like I see so many strapless dresses. And a nice selection of colors to pick from. I love the blues. I am not fond of browns but if you are matching your dress you know what will look best. The only color I think is ucky is that flesh color. The browns are very deep and rich looking.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankyou swingirl!! My girls specifically requested NO STRAPLESS!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE!!
36.gif

Well, as it turns out my girls didn''t like these dresses. We found these which were more pricey ($260) but they really loved them and were happy to spend the extra. I''ll contribute to the dresses, and I also bought their shoes, which they were originally insisting on paying for if going with a cheaper dress. These are the ones they picked in black and ivory, but their dresses will be chocolate brown with champagne trim (to match me!!) also with a small satin bow instead of the flower, I''m not keen on flowers
41.gif
The shoes are strappy, chocolate brown with small heels, and little clusters of diamontes scattered over them. They''re gorgeous, and they are all so excited! Now they all feel they have someting nice to wear to the horse racing carnival (2 weeks after the wedding) but they''d better not all go together!!
3.gif
Here''s the winning dress!

BMaidsDefinite.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the dress that you picked in the end. I think its gorgeous and definitely something that you can wear to a nice event

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, love love love the new dress!!
36.gif

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Can you list the website for those 2 dresses please? They are both very nice!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Did you look into buying the dresses from Pearl''s PLace or netbride?
I know a lot of brides have had really good luck ordering their BM dresses at great discounts through those retailers. I was in a wedding and we saved about $60 a dress on the bridesmaids'' dresses through Pearl''s.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Great dress!! when I got married I chose the color and the girls chose the style that would flatter them from the company. they all have different bodies and they looked fabulous on my wedding day, because they chose the dress themselves. no arguments and it didn''t matter in pictures...everyone looked great

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I''m absolutely rapt with these dresses, all my girls looked SO stunning in them.

InLuvWithMrH... the first dress is the Purple Patch collection by Mr K, and the second is from www.nicolina.com.au. They can''t be ordered online, but I found stockists for them for the girls to try them on, and I''ll order them locally now that we know what sizes we need. OOoooh we''re all so excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results