shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found the diamond -- what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
It looks like a winner to me. The AGS report states that additional clouds are not shown, so you should make sure that it is eye clean if at all possible. The price is good.... and G is a great color to be at. You''re not hiding any weight in the girdle either. The sarin report on this one won''t load for me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
zoe, it looks like you picked a winner! Beautiful.

As kev mentioned, make sure it''s eyeclean. And the only other thing I noted is, there is a discrepancy on the girdle. It''s listed as medium-slightly thick on the sarin. No biggie either way, but you might want to ask about it.

Let us know what you decide!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kev and Ellen! Thanks for your comments. I''m so excited about this. It turns out that my mom will be doing business in Houston on Monday and she''s going to try going to WF to see the stone. I think this is a sign...
9.gif

Oh, I''ll make sure to ask about the girdle -- I hadn''t noticed. Thanks for the tip.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, how cool! That''s great you get another pair of eyes to look at it.
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous! YUM!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure looks like a winner to me!!
30.gif
How lucky your mom will be able to preview it for you!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How exciting for you! That diamond certainly looks incredible. Let us know what your Mom thinks.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 1:35:31 PM
Author: Ellen

zoe, it looks like you picked a winner! Beautiful.

As kev mentioned, make sure it's eyeclean. And the only other thing I noted is, there is a discrepancy on the girdle. It's listed as medium-slightly thick on the sarin. No biggie either way, but you might want to ask about it.

Let us know what you decide!
I can answer this Ellen.
1.gif

This is a good example of different approaches to assessment.There aren’t any discrepancies here, just two different methods in use between the grading report and the Sarin.

1.The AGS measures the thinnest and thickest points anywhere on the diamond’s girdle.You can see this resulted in a range of 1.6% (thinnest valley) to 3.8% (thickest peak) on the grading report.AGS reports this verbally as thin-medium, per their
charts.

2. Our in-house Sarin uses GIA's approach. Only the 16 valleys are measured, which results in a range of 1.6% (thinnest valley) to 1.9% (thickest valley). The verbal description is reported in this metric as medium-stk.

As a result of these different approaches the ranges AGS reports can seem wide compared to GIA, and the verbal descriptors can vary slightly. Both approaches are solid and identify/penalize potential problems, particularly at the overly-thin end.

Hope this is of interest.

AGS-GIA-Girdle.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well thanks John! I got your e-mail by the way and I''m going to call Monday and hopefully talk to Jamie about the stone. If all goes well, we may be the proud owners of a beauty!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that although my mom will be in town on Monday, she has a plane to catch back home after her meeting and she won''t be able to make it. I''ll let Jamie know (we were going to try to fit in an appt. for my mom). I wish it was Monday already. I can hear the little one (um, the the diamond, that is) calling my name...take me home Zoe, pretty please!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for clarifying John, definitely of interest!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend just got off the phone with Bob at WF and he bought the diamond, or as we like to call it, our new sparkly.
1.gif

I can''t wait to see it. Bob said he couldn''t see the white inclusion (which is under the table) but someone else could see it from about 6" away. I think it could give the stone some character, and as long as it isn''t damaging the diamond, we should be fine with it. We''ll see it for ourselves soon enough and then we''ll decide on the setting.

How exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results