shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found our venue!! SOOO EXCITED!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to share my excitement with you all!!!

I''m pretty sure I found our venue....aaaannnndddd it''s BEAUTIFULLLL!!! It''s in the mountains like I wanted...but not too far away and not really a chance of a snow storm closing the highway. It has just the right amount of "mountain feeling" without the stereotypical deer antlers chandeliers
2.gif
My mom and I went to see it on Friday and fell in love with it....Saturday me, mom, FI, and FFIL are going up to start the contract process!! OOOoooo I hope this works out!!

Here''s the website
http://www.dellaterramountainchateau.com/

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Ooh that looks gorgeous AMS! What a dreamy place. The fact that it will be really new is awesome too!

FI and I are trying to figure out a destination wedding location. I have to admit CO passed through my mind. Right now are are on the Napa track but if that proves to be too pricey for our guests to attend then I suppose we can consider something else... I might be asking for your help.
1.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Clairitek! The website doesn''t really do this place justice either. I''m really keeping my fingers crossed that this place works out.

I think CO would be a beautiful place to have a destination wedding...although Napa would be amazing too. FI and I had orginially thought of having a destination wedding...but when it came down to the people who we really wanted there compared to the people who would be able to make it, it made more sense to do something more local.

Although I guess we can consider ours to be kinda destination like...It will be a long weekend for most of our guests, in a town where we/they don''t go to often...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 1:21:51 PM
Author: ams0124
I think CO would be a beautiful place to have a destination wedding...although Napa would be amazing too. FI and I had orginially thought of having a destination wedding...but when it came down to the people who we really wanted there compared to the people who would be able to make it, it made more sense to do something more local.
This is sort of the issue I think we will run into. I know that my friends (6 of them) could make a DW in Napa. They are all excited about it. Its FI''s family that doesn''t have a ton of money that would end up declining. I feel sort of bad knowingly picking something thats expensive to travel to when at the same time I know that out of his 25 aunts and uncles (14 related by blood, rest are spouses) only maybe 7-8 could afford to come. Possible up to 10.

Its tough trying to figure out how to have your cake and eat it too when it comes to weddings!

Congrats again and let us know how the contract stuff goes.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I remember looking at their website a while back ago! It looks like a beautiful place
30.gif
Estes Park is my most favorite place in the state! It''s so gorgeous there. We usually try to get up there about once a year. I always wanted a wedding up there but after much thought this past summer, I figured I couldn''t get all my guests to go up there from where we live in Denver. Only because a lot of them are retired and probably wouldn''t want to go up there...I''ve found other things closer to home though that still give that ''mountain'' feel that I''m just madly in love with. Who knows though....I just might end up getting married in Estes Park after all!
2.gif

I can''t wait to see all your wedding plans (since we live in the same state!)

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 3:14:41 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I remember looking at their website a while back ago! It looks like a beautiful place
30.gif
Estes Park is my most favorite place in the state! It''s so gorgeous there. We usually try to get up there about once a year. I always wanted a wedding up there but after much thought this past summer, I figured I couldn''t get all my guests to go up there from where we live in Denver. Only because a lot of them are retired and probably wouldn''t want to go up there...I''ve found other things closer to home though that still give that ''mountain'' feel that I''m just madly in love with. Who knows though....I just might end up getting married in Estes Park after all!
2.gif

I can''t wait to see all your wedding plans (since we live in the same state!)
Dreamgirl what places??? I''ve only found 1 other "local" place that kinda had what I was picturing. I doubt that I''ll change my mind but I''m curious to what you know that I don''t
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Love it!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 4:11:49 PM
Dreamgirl what places??? I''ve only found 1 other ''local'' place that kinda had what I was picturing. I doubt that I''ll change my mind but I''m curious to what you know that I don''t
2.gif
What''s the link to the place you were kinda picturing?

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 4:52:06 PM
What''s the link to the place you were kinda picturing?
This one...which is beautiful for an outdoor ceremony in the Spring or Summer but wasn''t going to work for our Dec. wedding indoors...I think it felt a little "closed in"
http://www.thepinesatgenesee.com/

or

I suppose this one...but I really didn''t like what the inside looked liked.
http://www.mountvernoncc.com/

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
hehe
27.gif
The top one is my DREAM site.....(did you go to see it? FF and I drove up to it over the summer but didn''t check it out because there was a wedding taking place)

I was going to send you the second one too. December could be a tough time for a wedding around here. How many guests will you be planning on inviting? Hmmm, indoors. Let me think about that.....

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, ams! Congrats.
36.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock

hehe...You want a Summer wedding right? That place will be perfect for you...I thought (still do think) it was beautiful when I saw pictures and I just *HAD* to go see it...then when I got there I realized that my wedding wasn''t going to be anything like what the pictures showed...warm and sunny

20.gif
. That was the turning point in my search...not only did I have to find something that had a great view and beautiful scenery but I had to find something that had LOTS of windows...I really want the guests to feel like they''re outside without the cold...

When I saw Della Terra it was perfect! 3 of the walls are almost completely floor to ceiling windows...and the ceiling is about 30ft tall (I''m really bad at estimating...it''s TALLL). It lets in so much light. And the decor is going to be very neutral. The floor is tile so I won''t have to worry about ugly carpeting (which is what I was running into a lot and one of my biggest pet peves) I took a ton of pictures when I was there...I''ll have to get them onto the computer and share.

I also really like the intimate feeling it has but at the same time it can hold our 125 guest limit. I''m really excited to see what it''s going to look like completed.

Ohhh....and the staff there is so friendly and helpful. No where else where I went was the staff so accomodating. I was pretty much told that there are no restrictions (other than I can''t bring my own alcohol) to what I want to do...whatever I want they''ll make happen.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 4:14:53 PM
Author: bee*
It''s beautiful! Love it!
I can''t wait until it''s completed!! I think I''ll love it even more!

Once I have a confirmed date I''ll be asking to get on the list
36.gif

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful!!!
Did you decide to stick with November?
Estes Park will is so beautiful that time of year!!!
Good for you!!!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Dream Girl

I have been to two weddings at the Pines. My FI''s brothers and FI''s best man. One was in June the other in Feb.

Both were really beautiful and I have a few pictures if you''d like to see them.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, ams! How exciting! It is gorgeous!!!! Congrats on finding your perfect venue site!!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:13:57 PM
Author: sugarjo
So beautiful!!!
Did you decide to stick with November?
Estes Park will is so beautiful that time of year!!!
Good for you!!!
We''re actually going to do the first week in Dec. (hopefully the 5th).
Not too much different then Nov though
2.gif

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
YEAAAAHHHH Colorado winter weddings........
(we are doing next January)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 6:32:55 PM
hehe...You want a Summer wedding right? That place will be perfect for you...I thought (still do think) it was beautiful when I saw pictures and I just *HAD* to go see it...then when I got there I realized that my wedding wasn''t going to be anything like what the pictures showed...warm and sunny
20.gif
. That was the turning point in my search...not only did I have to find something that had a great view and beautiful scenery but I had to find something that had LOTS of windows...I really want the guests to feel like they''re outside without the cold...

When I saw Della Terra it was perfect! 3 of the walls are almost completely floor to ceiling windows...and the ceiling is about 30ft tall (I''m really bad at estimating...it''s TALLL). It lets in so much light. And the decor is going to be very neutral. The floor is tile so I won''t have to worry about ugly carpeting (which is what I was running into a lot and one of my biggest pet peves) I took a ton of pictures when I was there...I''ll have to get them onto the computer and share.

I also really like the intimate feeling it has but at the same time it can hold our 125 guest limit. I''m really excited to see what it''s going to look like completed.
Ohhh....and the staff there is so friendly and helpful. No where else where I went was the staff so accomodating. I was pretty much told that there are no restrictions (other than I can''t bring my own alcohol) to what I want to do...whatever I want they''ll make happen.
OOOOOOO
30.gif
30.gif
Yes, more than likely it would be in the summer/early fall. This is AWESOME to talk to someone about the place! ha! I have soooooooo many pictures of it that I collect over time online. I''ve even emailed them in the past to get some further info.
31.gif
(crazy I know)

Sounds to me like you found your dream place! You sure do sound to love it. I''d do it if I were you! It would be PERFECT then for your winter wedding. Yay this is so exciting!!!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:20:32 PM
Dream Girl

I have been to two weddings at the Pines. My FI''s brothers and FI''s best man. One was in June the other in Feb.

Both were really beautiful and I have a few pictures if you''d like to see them.
REALLY?!?! OOOOh yes I would love to see the photos you took.
36.gif
(In another thread perhaps? Just hollar out to me if you do upload them...) I don''t mean to hijack ams...

Continue
5.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 2:27:41 PM

Date: 1/13/2009 10:20:32 PM
Dream Girl

REALLY?!?! OOOOh yes I would love to see the photos you took.
36.gif
(In another thread perhaps? Just hollar out to me if you do upload them...) I don''t mean to hijack ams...

Continue
5.gif
No worries....Maybe we should start a CO Bride and Bride-to-be thread?! That way us CO girls can share what we know about venues, florists, photographers....whatever. I know the Knot has one...but honestly I like this place much better
9.gif

Just a thought
16.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That would be rather fun
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results