shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I found a rock

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stephsl

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend met with a jeweler "friend" and picked a rock. He doesn't want to give me the exact dollars and cents price, but I am guessing that the stone probably costs within the range of 15K-17K dollars. (I know.. big range)Can you tell me if the specs sound like a good stone?It is a round brilliant diamond.
Measurements: 7.78 - 7.87 x 4.63 mm
Weight: 1.70 carats
Depth: 59.2%
Table: 61%
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick faceted
Culet: Very Small (will I lose a noticible amount of light?)
Polish: Very good
Symmetry: good
clarity: vs1
color: F
Flourescence: medium blueThanks for the help.
twirl.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Stephsl,Is it time for congratulations already?
smile.gif
Very small cullet should be invisible for you and won't affect the light return. What lab did the grading of the diamond? GIA?As you can check yourself, internet prices for 1.7-F-VS1-GIA are $15k-$17k depending on cut quality.

stephsl

Rough_Rock
Yes, it is a GIA certified diamond.I know that the ideal proportions are 60% depth and table. What percentage of deviation is acceptable. Is my stone still ideal cut, or is it very good, good ... etc?

stephsl

Rough_Rock
sorry
frown.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Don't be
smile.gif
Just check out the tutorial and especially cut related stuff.Poor Garry spent so much time on it to be told that 60/60 are ideal proportions!
errrr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results