shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I decided on a dress!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
So after I took my mommy to get her fractured wrist and hand set in a cast (thank god she didnt need surgery!) which I picked a nice hot pink for her :) and i will probably bedazzle it for her too :) hehe

ok back to post.. we went to a bridal shop to try on dresses.. we werent allowed to take pics... but i tried to sneak some of the dress i loved :)

Its by KP.. its the Marlene.. But its way out of our price range.. :( SO I think I might try to get a similar one custom made...

so the pics absolutely suck... but ill include the model pics too...

you can see the pretty detailing in this pic...

bbmarlenedress1.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
please disregard the line in my midsection it was from the stupid bra thing they give you... i shoulda taken it off...

bbmarlenedress2.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
again disregard the midsection :)

bbmarlenedress3.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
back of dress that i LOVE!

001_sec05.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
here is the front...u can see that u dont notice the detailing as much here for some reason..

k290.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
upclose of the crumb catcher that I wasnt sure if I would like... and i totally loved..... and PS... SPARKALICIOUS.. I was totally thinking of you when i tried on this dress... ruffles and crumb catcher!

knkenns08marlb.jpg

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Blondebunny,

That dress is stunning! It looks amazing on you. I am a little biased as I wore a Kenneth Pool gown and I think they are the most beautiful gowns in the world. I got mine at a trunk show, where they offered either 10 or 20% off. I know that''s not much in the context of the price of those dresses, but every little bit helps. Maybe you could see if there is one coming to your area?

Also, have you considered trying to find the dress pre-owned or seeing if the store would sell you the sample? I ask because I think it might be very hard for someone to replicate the incredibly intricate beading on the dress, not to mention all the details on the train. I''m not sure if you have a dress maker in mind that you trust, but there have been some horror stories on these boards regarding attempts to have a designer dress copied. Just a couple of ideas for you to consider.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 10:38:36 PM
Author: NovemberBride
Blondebunny,

That dress is stunning! It looks amazing on you. I am a little biased as I wore a Kenneth Pool gown and I think they are the most beautiful gowns in the world. I got mine at a trunk show, where they offered either 10 or 20% off. I know that''s not much in the context of the price of those dresses, but every little bit helps. Maybe you could see if there is one coming to your area?

Also, have you considered trying to find the dress pre-owned or seeing if the store would sell you the sample? I ask because I think it might be very hard for someone to replicate the incredibly intricate beading on the dress, not to mention all the details on the train. I''m not sure if you have a dress maker in mind that you trust, but there have been some horror stories on these boards regarding attempts to have a designer dress copied. Just a couple of ideas for you to consider.
thanks... itd still be way over budget it was over 6k...i think like 6800 maybe? I dont think I am going to find a used one... althought I wish... its a fairly new dress....and i wouldnt want to wait to last minute to see if I could get one... I do have someone who I believe could make the dress fabulously...and the beading doesnt matter to me if its a little different.. :)

Here is a link to a video that shows it better.... and here

I am going to try to go to another store that maybe has it to see if I can get some better pics for ya''ll :)

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
Um, wow. That dress is amazing and you totally have the body for it. I hope you can get it or something like it! It''s beautiful.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
BB - One word ...

ABSOLUTELYFANFREAKINTABULOUSLYPERFECTION!
30.gif

It is GORGEOUS and I LOOOOVE it. I love KP - I think that he is actually my absolute favorite wedding dress designer and this, in particular, is one of my fave, fave, fave dresses of his of all! It looks amazing on your terrific figure, of course. I hope that you can swing it but if not ... get a gorgeous custom gown made. You, my dear, are going to be a smashingly beautiful bride with one heck of a knockout dress!

I''m so happy for you and I hope, even if only a little, that I helped guide you in your pursuit of your perfect gown. I''m so excited for you, seriously. This is nuts! I''m feeling all giddy and stuff. Weird.

I''ll update you in my thread about my progress ... while not as great as you ... It''s progress, I think.

For whatever it''s worth - I think that you will wear the hell out of that dress and rock it far better than that hungry looking model.
2.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY COW ITS BEAUTIFUL!!! it looks perfect and stunning on you!!!
5.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That gown is STUNNING! I really hope that you can find a way to get it or get a replica made. It''s fabulous!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning - especially that back - wow!

You have the perfect figure for that gown!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I don''t you personally but I feel like based on what you''ve posted here on PS that dress is so totally YOU! The back is awesome! I think it has just the perfect amount of interesting things to look at! Not too overdone, just a perfect amount.

Congrats! I hope you can find someone to replicate it for you!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
bb...it looks perfect! I love it on you. BTW...did you happen to catch the episode of wedding central with the venue that you were looking at??? Let me know if you want to talk about it. Also, did you decide on that venue or not?

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I knew I loved your dress for a reason, because kenneth pool is my designer too. heres a pic

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
your dress is perfect ! love love love it

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
i know his gowns are expensive thats why im glad i went on say yes to the dress on TLC. I''m able to wear a 6k gown for half the price ! they gave me a super deal just for being on the show. I would never spend that much an a gown im only wearing one day lol

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
You are going to be a beautiful bride BB

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous on you! I hope that you can find a second hand one!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, BB it''s simply gorgeous! You will look stunning!!
30.gif

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is amazing for/on you! I think you found a winner inspiration for a custom dress, if that''s the way you decide to go! With the bad things (breaking bones) comes the good (finding a WONDERFUL dress)!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 11:30:55 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
BB - One word ...

ABSOLUTELYFANFREAKINTABULOUSLYPERFECTION!
30.gif

It is GORGEOUS and I LOOOOVE it. I love KP - I think that he is actually my absolute favorite wedding dress designer and this, in particular, is one of my fave, fave, fave dresses of his of all! It looks amazing on your terrific figure, of course. I hope that you can swing it but if not ... get a gorgeous custom gown made. You, my dear, are going to be a smashingly beautiful bride with one heck of a knockout dress!

I''m so happy for you and I hope, even if only a little, that I helped guide you in your pursuit of your perfect gown. I''m so excited for you, seriously. This is nuts! I''m feeling all giddy and stuff. Weird.

I''ll update you in my thread about my progress ... while not as great as you ... It''s progress, I think.

For whatever it''s worth - I think that you will wear the hell out of that dress and rock it far better than that hungry looking model.
2.gif
THanks!! I was hoping you liked it!!! The sales lady said it was her favorite on me.. and she thought the lazaro was going to look the best...and i hated it... i took a pic but it was just sooo busy for me..

I definitely am probably going to do custom because they dont have a trunk show anytime soon anywhere near me..Ive tried searching online for a sample or used but i think since its so new (the store got it in october) that I wont be able to find one.

But I do plan on using a silk fabric to make it nicer like the dress had... I should be getting a quote for it soon, and if its a decent quote Ill probably order it...

its just exactly what I wanted.. I wanted a really old hollywood glamour type of gown with ruffles (which it has) and a trumpet shape (it doesnt look like it has one.. but it does :) ) and just the right amount of sparkle :) can you believe im actualy saying i dont want tht much sparkle?? LOL

Im gonna post the other dresses that i tried on too for you! :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 9:05:46 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
bb...it looks perfect! I love it on you. BTW...did you happen to catch the episode of wedding central with the venue that you were looking at??? Let me know if you want to talk about it. Also, did you decide on that venue or not?
Hey!! Thanks!! I was totally thinking about you too because you know i LOVE your dress... and i was loving my back thinking of yours! :)

Yes I saw it.. it looked kinda bad... BUT we are going to do it...
What we are going to do is this..

Cover the entire ceiling with fabric kinda of like the picture im posting.. and cover the windows and stuff so you cant seem out of the and light cant really get in... and we are going to use all uplighting... and chivari chairs...

I know its not the best but everywhere here has some crazy minimums you have to spend that is pretty much just for food alone or specific caterers you have to use and that bothers me.

I figured anywhere I go I wanted uplighting, some kind of fabric on the ceiling, and chivari chairs.....

We were going to use the outside for the cocktail hour and make it really cool with like the paper lanterns hanging and some high tables with subermerged orchids and stuff...

Oh and the centerpieces I am doing for the reception are going to be pretty tall and elegant with crystals and hanging things.. so I figured that would jazz it up some too :)

cool_blue_led_lighting.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has responded so far! :) Everytime I think about it I just smile :)

Blissful- I was thinking about figuring out how I could get on Say Yes to The Dress to see if I could get it for a discount.. but then I''d have to fly to NY!... but maybe Im thinking about it :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
This was the runner up I tried on... but my mom didnt like how the bands were different..

k274.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
this one had the scalloped top that i thought i loved, but i didnt like it as much as i thought i would..

k285.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
rivini i tried on but was just a little too plain for me

rivinibb.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
this is kinda like a Romona Keveza that I tried on.. except mine was spaghetti strap and had swiss dots on it... i couldnt find a pic though

romonakevezabb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results