shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I chose my shoes & earrings....can I get opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I have searched through a LOT of earrings and shoes online. These two are my top picks in each category!

(Note - my hair will be up, in a wispy up-do.)

Earrings - I love the way that long earrings frame my face, and I think these will be super sparkly and gorgeous. I also like the way they are rounded, and I think it sorta matches the design on my dress (the embellishments on my dress are primarily in half-circles, if you look real close.)

Concern = Will they be TOO sparkly? The second pic shows my veil, and some different lighting that brings out the sparkles. Will the veil + dress embellishments + earrings be TOO blingy? I don''t want to seem like I''m a 6-year old playing dress up! I will be taking the veil off after the ceremony.

Shoes - this is a hard one for me! I am willing to spend up to $200 on shoes, and I do want something good quality and comfortable, but I can''t find any that I like better than these Coloriffics! Are these going to hurt my feet? Has anyone had a bad experience with this brand? I think these are SO adorable and will buy them in a heartbeat if all you ladies agree. If anyone can find something similar in a better brand, I''m all ears!!
36.gif

THANKS!!!

earrings_shoes_11aa.jpg

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
showing the veil and sparkles...

IMG_0375.jpg

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
If you look close you can see the half-circle designs. Do you think the earrings and shoes go ok with this dress?

IMG_0478bb.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Are you going to be wearing a necklace too? I love the look of long, dangling earrings with hair down and no necklace. That''s what I want to do. A necklace in addition may be too much. I say- put it all together and ask your wedding party people what they think. I think the earrings would work with the dress, though. In the end, if you love it- wear it!

I like the shoe! I think it''s very simple and cute. I found my shoe for $40, so I was very excited. Besides, not many people are actually going to be able to see your shoes (except for those few pictures your photographer gets).

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 10:08:48 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
Are you going to be wearing a necklace too?

I forgot to mention - I am definitely not wearing a necklace. I really like my neckline and have never been a fan of necklaces. I looooove long earrings, hair up, and an exposed neck. I think its so feminine.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 10:25:05 PM
Author: laughwithme
Date: 12/29/2009 10:08:48 PM

Author: Amanda.Rx

Are you going to be wearing a necklace too?

I forgot to mention - I am definitely not wearing a necklace. I really like my neckline and have never been a fan of necklaces. I looooove long earrings, hair up, and an exposed neck. I think its so feminine.

then i think you found the perfect earrings! and i love the shoes! btw, your dress is goregous & looks like it was made for you!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I love those earrings. It''s kinda what I"m looking for to go with my dress. Are you planning on wearing the veil all day or just for the ceremony? I think if you take the veil off and don''t wear a blingy necklace, it would look gorgeous! I''m with Amanda.Rx, I like the look of long earrings and a bare neck. Less is more.

I don''t have any advice on the shoes. I''ve never worn Colorifics. I like the look of them though. Yay for getting the little details taken care of!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like you have a great ensemble put together. Those earrings are great and I don''t think you will be too blinged out at all with your veil and dress. A little sparkle never hurt. I also like a blank neckline look because it shows off the collar bone (sexy) and keeps the attention on your face and not your chest.

Another brand of shoes you could check out is Filippa Scott, though some may be more than $200. I got my (second) pair of wedding shoes from that designer and they are sooo comfortable. I can definitely see myself wearing them all night. If you can, I would suggest trying on the shoes you want before buying them. The first pair I bought, I felt like I was walking on stilts and they''re the same exact height as the Filippa Scott shoes that I ended up with.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
They are really fabulous!! Nice choice and they look like they would go with your dress really well (which is gorgeous BTW).

The only concern I would have is how long they are and if they are very heavy? You don''t want stretchy sore earlobes after a while? Besides that concern, I love them!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results