shape
carat
color
clarity

I think Daddy spilled 1/2 the beans- need my DUSTING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
OK,

So I know the engagement is coming (and I''m thrilled) but I still don''t want any details b/c I''d like for the actual event to be a surprise. SO has been "keeping me on my toes" but also dropping hints here and there, and I know for a fact he has already bought the ring. He knew one of my stipulations was that he had to ask my Daddy before he can propose.

So- a while ago, I went ahead and gave him my dad''s phone number and told SO what his favorite restaurant was (just so he wouldn''t have to ask me later and I wouldn''t actually know when he talked to him). Well, this week, SO asked me both "what is your dad''s phone number" and "does your dad have a favorite restaurant"..... so, I''m pretty sure I know he was planning to take my dad out to lunch this week...

Well, you could consider the beans already spilled... but then I got a voicemail from my dad today saying "Hey honey- will you please tell Matt that I''m running a little bit late, but I''ll definately be there. Thanks!"

Ha Ha... I just pretended the voicemail never happened.

(To my SO: Honey, if you''re reading this, yes I know you had lunch with my father today!)

So, now..... **DUST ME!**

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, *fingers crossed*

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! That is so exciting! Do you think your dad will accidently spill the other half?? hehe :)

**Dust**

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
That''s too funny, but really great news!

I can relate. A year ago, my BF and I decided to travel to our homes which are in neighboring states. While visiting family, my BF took the drive up to see mine. I kind of suspected his intention was to have "the talk" and soon as my BF left my parent''s house, my dad said, "you know he asked me for my blessing." (They hadn''t even driven out of the driveway yet when my dad spilled the news). My mother was annoyed with him and my dad was just like oh well. So at least I knew that a proposal was definitely coming. I just didn''t think I''d still be waiting more than a year later. (Long story short - sports injury/medical cost, and job uncertainties made a dent). Since then, he''s said he wanted to do it in person, not knowing when he''d have the opportunity again, even if he didn''t yet have the ring. Whatever - boys.

So while I''m trying to be patient (I''ve gotten hints to expect s/thing soon) and grateful for my relationship, I can guess that your BF won''t take nearly as long as mine has been taking to propose.

DUST FOR YOU, MY DEAR!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hooray! how cute :)

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Sending LOTS of dust!! How exciting!! :D

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
DUST!!! DUST!!! DUST!!!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
yay
36.gif
thats so exciting!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DUST!!! DUST!!! DUST!!!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahah love the clueless dad, that''s exactly the kind of thing my dad would do.

Dust!!

KatM

Shiny_Rock
lol, that''s awesome...and also exciting.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
So exciting!! My dad would do the same thing haha.

DUST!!!!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaaaay! So exciting, lots of dust for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results