shape
carat
color
clarity

I seriously need help with my Type A Personality

jocemae

Rough_Rock
So, basically my boyfriend has told me that he is proposing "before the end of summer" so I can stop bugging him. What does that mean exactly? Does that mean the exact date that summer ends which is Sept. 21st or does he mean end of August or before Labor Day or when school usually starts? Gosh, I need help to stop bothering him and everyone else. I did something bad too, I actually called the jewelry store to find out what type of payment plan they have. Its 3 months. So we went to buy the ring on May 25th which means he will be done by August 25th. Help!

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
I'm laughing! You're totally excited and that's awesome! Just stay busy and bide your time with us because you are not alone! Excited for more updates from you!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
You sound exactly like me! I know it's really tough, but try to relax and enjoy this time, because you know it's coming REALLY soon! :)

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
You came to the right place!!! We are in the same boat my friend... I know BF is planning to propose before October and recently found out it'll prob be labor day weekend. Besides that though I am scheming how I am going to re-seal the packaging once the box arrives at my house so he wont know I opened it to peek! haha

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
OMG I know exactly how you feel. I too got the "before summer ends" time line! We picked my ring out together at the end of May as well, and the jeweler we got it from only allows 3 months worth of payments. I know he has it now.. He just asked to go to Boston for some whale watching Mid-September, so I am hoping and praying this is when he asks :lol: We can be so silly sometimes!

We got into a large argument a couple weeks ago over times and when and all that (i have a prior post which explains everything!).. and well let's just say I completely calmed down. I know that it is coming, and it is within the next 2 months and I am happy knowing that. Just try to do things to take your mind off of it. I started to scrapbook all of our pictures together, and I started to buy books upon books upon books to read to keep my mind at bay. It works! :)) Good luck~

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I literally thought of myself as I was reading your post- I want to preface this by saying "Gurrrl, you are NOT ALONE!!" My FF is at the NYC Diamond District as I write this and meeting with Mark at ERD in 30 minutes...I am literally out of my mind! there are sooo many things I want to remind him of, or that I think of daily (admittedly hourly, but who cares, Im not well....I can admit it)...Everytime I mention something, I "THINK" I am being coy and sensitive, literally trying to slide one in "Babe, speaking of the Red Sox, umm, I was thinking I might want white gold instead of platinum"....I don't understand why he thinks Im obsessive?? Wierd, Right?? Lol....

I am sooo bummed I am not there today, I am literally re-reading old threads about ERD to fulfill my void...I need help. :rolleyes:

Haha....

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
You sound exactly like me. Actually I posted something similar called "what does around July mean?" or something like that.

: ) People like us just have to take a deep breath and realize this ONE thing is totally out of our hands. Plus if you found anything out, you'd be pretty bumbed. Our guys work really hard to make an awesome proposal, we need to let them have this one. : )

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
kagordo4 said:
You sound exactly like me. Actually I posted something similar called "what does around July mean?" or something like that.

: ) People like us just have to take a deep breath and realize this ONE thing is totally out of our hands. Plus if you found anything out, you'd be pretty bumbed. Our guys work really hard to make an awesome proposal, we need to let them have this one. : )

The Voice of reason...you are absolutely right. We should feel so fortunate that they actually care, and want to make this special, and meaningful...I have made a pact with myself, starting today- that I am not going to mention anything anymore. He is with Mark at ERD today, so he will likely purchase, and after that- well, what else can I say? or add? Its over, and from that moment on, I am going to let him control it...well, I am going to try...really hard.

jocemae

Rough_Rock
You all are sooo right! I mean I know that I want him to have his moment, but I want my moment now!!!!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: my bf also said he would propose by the end of summer. He said end of summer according to the calendar... which is... end of Sept. SMART! :lol:

ask him if the end of summer is according to the calendar, or SCHOOL calendar. :naughty:

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
chill. do not ask him when summer ends. Do not say anything about the proposal unless October comes and you're still not engaged. Otherwise, anytime you want to ask about the ring or day or try to pry details, tell him you love him instead. (telling him you love him a million times a day is a good thing :wink2: )

Let him surprise you!!!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be telling my bf I love him every second then. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results