shape
carat
color
clarity

I saw a bigger Jubilee in person today....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
and my eyes nearly popped out of my head!

This was a 1.10 D SI2.

It was beautiful! I went into my local jewelers to get some work done on my ring, and while I was waiting, the owner asked if I wanted to be the first customer of his to look at a 1.10 ct Jubilee! I took a loupe to it and it and there were inclusions under the table and at the side but other than that, it was certainly a beautiful stone. That diamond was smokin''!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your screen name is appropriate, you are very lucky to have gotten to see such a stone so early in its nascent career!

Wink

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
How did it look? Had you seen a Jubilee in person before? What did the jeweler think about it?

I'm waiting for my Jubilee to be set and the wait is killing me.
8.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The owner previously had a .43 Jubilee which was also very nice but this is certainly a treat to be able to see such a beautiful stone in a bigger size. The jeweler said that he likes it to much he's going to drop other stones from his inventory like the Regent and QOH.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I got to see one of GOGs Jubes... the 1.09 D VVS1 (with strong blue fluor, might I add!!!). It was to die for. I had to swim out the door in a river of my own drool
love.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I asked Cary H if there were any Jubilee dealers near where I live. There aren't.
8.gif

It'll be another couple of weeks before I get to see my Jubilee in person.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Apparently there are only 2 places in the US that carry the Jubilee, GOG and on the West Coast, Geoffrey's.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 7/17/2004 11:10:57 AM luckyhonu wrote:

Apparently there are only 2 places in the US that carry the Jubilee, GOG and on the West Coast, Geoffrey's.
----------------
A nice young 50ish year old gentleman who has trouble designing web sites also carries them, but is not allowed to sell them to online customers.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Idaho is also too far to go to see a diamond. Though I guess I could do some kayaking and/or rock climbing while I was there.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What is a jubilee and why is it more popular at the moment than say a regent? I only know the basics about shapes. Is it the proportions or something?
Thanks

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/17/2004 11:19:49 AM noobie wrote:

----------------
On 7/17/2004 11:10:57 AM luckyhonu wrote:

----------------
A nice young 50ish year old gentleman who has trouble designing web sites also carries them, but is not allowed to sell them to online customers.
----------------
Mercy Buckets Madam! You make an old man laugh with glee to read such humor early in the morning! (Well hey, it certainly seems early to me after such a late night!)

Inner Kitten,

The Jubilee is a new square shaped cut with Hearts and Arrows brought to the market by Mssr's Horowitz and Atlass that has more brilliance and sparkle than any other square shaped stone that I have ever seen. Do a search for them here and you will see many pictures and threads about them on this fabulous diamond board.

There are still only a few jewelers who even know of their existance or who carry them, but there will be more and more as the availability of the polished stones grows. Jonathon will be the only dealer who will be allowed to offer them on the web, as Mr. Horowitz rightfully wishes to protect his retail vendors who invest in his stones for their local clients. There simply are not enough stones available at this time to go around.

I do not have any idea how many retail clients Mr. Horowitz has, but after the Vegas show I can tell you for sure that there are now more than two. One of the VERY nice things about this stone is that even with the shortage of them, and the newness of them is that the price is very much in line with a Hearts and Arrows round cut stone, so there is not the huge premium one might expect.

After you have done your search and seen the stones, if you like the look then contact Jonathon, you will be glad you did!

Wink

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, that's merci beaucoup monsieur, but that's OK, I'm secure enough in my masculinity to call you a nice young gentleman
9.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oops!

Now we can both have a giggle. Sorry 'bout that!

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results