shape
carat
color
clarity

I rolled out of bed this morning and saw U2 LIVE in Concert!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
U2 came to my school and gave a LIVE concert exclusively for students this morning!!! It was on Good Morning America, so some of you might have caught it.

I''d seen them live at MSG in 2005 but that concert was mayhem (don''t get me wrong, I love mayhem!). Today''s concert was really fun, like they were playing just for us...which they were
9.gif

Well that, and promoting their new album lol.

All in all, a great morning here in NY!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
that''s so cool!! jealous...
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! That''s amazing Bia!!! You lucky girl you...what a great way to start off your day!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is awesome, Bia! That must''ve been fun! Lucky, lucky lady!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Bia - That looked so cool! I''m glad you got to see it.

Did you know ahead of time that they were coming? DH and I were watching, and trying to figure that out. It didn''t look like there were THAT many people attending, so we wondered if it was unannounced.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:27:05 AM
Author: Anastasia
Bia - That looked so cool! I''m glad you got to see it.

Did you know ahead of time that they were coming? DH and I were watching, and trying to figure that out. It didn''t look like there were THAT many people attending, so we wondered if it was unannounced.
Yea we got official emails earlier this week but weren''t supposed to say anything. Nevermind the word got out on Letterman LOL. I got calls from my friends who read it in the paper, and from colleagues who wanted to bring their friends, but we couldn''t because there were no tickets being given out--you had to just bring your picture ID.

AND it was very heavily secured. Only people with student IDs/campus parking passes were let on the campus. They had NYPD securing outside and campus security inside, so if you weren''t a student or staff member, you weren''t getting on campus.

It was a lot of fun!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky girl, Bia!

They are so great live; we''ve been setting the DVR to catch ''em on Letterman this week, and both my FI and I tuned in to GMA this morning to watch. What was it like live today, and what do you think of their new music?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 12:33:45 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Lucky girl, Bia!

They are so great live; we''ve been setting the DVR to catch ''em on Letterman this week, and both my FI and I tuned in to GMA this morning to watch. What was it like live today, and what do you think of their new music?
They sounded really good. Bono was amazing, nothing surprising there. Took time out to talk to the fans. I wasn''t up close because I wasn''t rolling out of bed at 3:30 to get there by 4:30. My friend, who is a university staff writer had to be there at 4AM and said there were already students lined up. I got there around 6:30 and was able to get close enough.

The new stuff is good. It''s sort of going to take some getting used to...same thing happened when they came out with ''How to dismantle an atomic bomb.'' You don''t necessarily love it at first (at least for me) but then it grows on you. I was just happy when they did ''Its a beautiful day,'' toward the end.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun is that?!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:08:44 PM
Author: Bia
Date: 3/6/2009 12:33:45 PM

Author: fleur-de-lis

Lucky girl, Bia!

They sounded really good. Bono was amazing, nothing surprising there. Took time out to talk to the fans. I wasn''t up close because I wasn''t rolling out of bed at 3:30 to get there by 4:30. My friend, who is a university staff writer had to be there at 4AM and said there were already students lined up. I got there around 6:30 and was able to get close enough.

The new stuff is good. It''s sort of going to take some getting used to...same thing happened when they came out with ''How to dismantle an atomic bomb.'' You don''t necessarily love it at first (at least for me) but then it grows on you. I was just happy when they did ''Its a beautiful day,'' toward the end.
36.gif

Oooo, it sounds like you might be able to answer something for me! Yay! Alright, after "Beautiful Day", we television viewers saw The Edge switch out guitars and Bono say about doing one more song as a treat, then... ABC cut to commercials!
39.gif
So, *please* tell me, what song did they play after Beautiful Day? Guessing from the guitar switch, was it something from Joshua Tree????

Bia

Ideal_Rock
No, the last two songs were Breathe and Vertigo.

Was GMA cutting into commericials a lot? They did their cooking segment, which was sort of dumb in 40 degree weather LOL...I think fans would have preferred to see the band.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH FUN!!!!! I am jealous (happy for you), I want to see U2; I bet they were awesome
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see U2 in concert! They are such an amazing band on so many different levels...

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
How AWESOME!!!!! I just bought their new CD, it''s got some great songs. I saw them about 4 years ago, they are PHENOMENAL live, I bet you had a fantastic day!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so awesome Bia!!! I''m jealous!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Bia from me to you:

biggyhug.gif

And I''m sure you know why.

Also, where do you go to school? The University of Awesomeness? My university would have free concerts all the time...and it would mostly be the guys playing at Starbucks on the weekends.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also want to ditto Fiery on the first part of her post.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Can I get in on this hugging of Bia? *hug*?

Also, I used to regularly have meetings across the street from your campus, Bia. Very pretty, but what a pain to get to! I hope the concert was fabulous!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. Not really understanding what happened there...I thought I was helping, guess not.
7.gif

Anyway, yea the concert was great! I was totally surprised when they said U2 was coming. It was supposed to be hush, but word got out after U2 announced it on David Letterman. THen I started getting calls from friends like, ''can I go?'' I was like huh? Asked around a bit and found out that they were coming on Friday but that we weren''t supposed to say anything. Uhhhh...the whole world knew already LOL.

It was early, but definitely worth it! TheBigT, it is a nice campus isn''t it? Where they held the concert is where they do the graduations. I had mine there a few years ago and it really was nice. It felt important, it''s weird. Maybe because its such an old school, with so much history--you know those Jesuits and their traditions LOL. Soon I''ll be graduating again, same place. That will be a relief. You know I was actually thinking of having my wedding reception at the Botanical gardens because its across the street and I can use the university chapel (which is gorgeous) if I want for the ceremony. But we''ll see.

Also it is a hike, especially if you live around your parts LOL! I live in Southern Westchester so it''s a hop, skip & jump for me.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Fiery: Fordham University ''The Jesuit University of New York,'' as they like to remind anyone and everyone EVERY chance they get LOL
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results