shape
carat
color
clarity

I really need some help from my BWW friends.....

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
OK this is the deal:

I am getting married in Mexico, at a resort that I have never been to, and will not get to, until my wedding week in November.
I'll need to get my hair and makeup done at the Spa, and although I am not obsessed with my hair and makeup, I am a little worried about the quality of work and how I can show the stylist what I want done for my hair. There is a pretty good chance I will just see her the morning of my wedding (but I guess I can change that).

I talked to my hairdresser last night, and we think my best bet is to do a trial run at home, and bring lots of pitures of myself and supplement with pictures from magazine's etc. Good idea, but now I need to figure out what I want and what my veil situation is going to be.

I've been looking on line for some good pictures of half-up/half down hair do's but I just can't seem to find anything.
My hair is on the med-longish side, blond, and pretty fine so I curl it for body. I think I want casual tousled curls.....
I would like some height on top, and some "interest" on top too, like pinned waves or soemthing rather than just being bouffed up and teased....

Another issue is I am still not sure if I will do a comb with a veil high on my head, and maybe use a thin sparkley headband, or if I will borrow my MOH's veil which has like a two inch wide (beautiful) embellished headband with the veil attached (via velcro)

It's just really hard to make a decision but I am thinking my MOH's veil may cover up too much of the top of my head, and I will be taking the veil off later for our night out on the town.

So anyways, can anyone recommend a good site online where I can see samples of half-up/half down hairstyles....maybe with the veils on so too I can see what options are out there? Or maybe share some of your own pictures or ideas with me?

I don't know why its so hard for me to make up my mind - I think it's jsut a bit overwhelming.....

Thank you ladies!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pushin40 said:
OK this is the deal:

I am getting married in Mexico, at a resort that I have never been to, and will not get to, until my wedding week in November.
I'll need to get my hair and makeup done at the Spa, and although I am not obsessed with my hair and makeup, I am a little worried about the quality of work and how I can show the stylist what I want done for my hair. There is a pretty good chance I will just see her the morning of my wedding (but I guess I can change that).

I talked to my hairdresser last night, and we think my best bet is to do a trial run at home, and bring lots of pitures of myself and supplement with pictures from magazine's etc. Good idea, but now I need to figure out what I want and what my veil situation is going to be.

I've been looking on line for some good pictures of half-up/half down hair do's but I just can't seem to find anything.
My hair is on the med-longish side, blond, and pretty fine so I curl it for body. I think I want casual tousled curls.....
I would like some height on top, and some "interest" on top too, like pinned waves or soemthing rather than just being bouffed up and teased....

Another issue is I am still not sure if I will do a comb with a veil high on my head, and maybe use a thin sparkley headband, or if I will borrow my MOH's veil which has like a two inch wide (beautiful) embellished headband with the veil attached (via velcro)

It's just really hard to make a decision but I am thinking my MOH's veil may cover up too much of the top of my head, and I will be taking the veil off later for our night out on the town.

So anyways, can anyone recommend a good site online where I can see samples of half-up/half down hairstyles....maybe with the veils on so too I can see what options are out there? Or maybe share some of your own pictures or ideas with me?

I don't know why its so hard for me to make up my mind - I think it's jsut a bit overwhelming.....

Thank you ladies!

I had the devil of a time finding a big repertoire of 'wedding hairstyles' too - lots of prom hairstyle sites, but I couldn't find a good one for a more relaxed, casual look!

What I found helpful was to google wedding photographers in a certain type of location (ie beachy wedding, maybe look for photogs in hawaii) and look through their albums online, maybe that's somewhere for you to start?

I'll be watching this thread myself :))

I don't have any suggestions on where to look for hairstyles, unless you want to buy magazines???

I do, however, have experience with this issue. My best friend got married in Jamaica, and I was MOH. We had our hair done at the salon on the resort (Sandals). I brought a picture of what I wanted my hair to look like. I only brought one photo (from a magazine), but it showed exactly what I wanted. The girl who was "assigned" to do my hair looked at the photo, consulted with her coworker, and said she couldn't do it. She tried something similar, but it didn't look that great. It was just ok. I was utterly disappointed, especially because I had to pay for it!

We did our own makeup.

Now, lest you think I picked a crazy hairstyle that was "undoable," I got home and the gal in my usual salon did a fabulous job of accomplishing what I asked for. She even made it sound easy!

I hope everything goes well and the hairstylists at your Mexican resort are better equipped than the ones we had in Jamaica!!!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Future Mrs. Sterling said:
I don't have any suggestions on where to look for hairstyles, unless you want to buy magazines???

I do, however, have experience with this issue. My best friend got married in Jamaica, and I was MOH. We had our hair done at the salon on the resort (Sandals). I brought a picture of what I wanted my hair to look like. I only brought one photo (from a magazine), but it showed exactly what I wanted. The girl who was "assigned" to do my hair looked at the photo, consulted with her coworker, and said she couldn't do it. She tried something similar, but it didn't look that great. It was just ok. I was utterly disappointed, especially because I had to pay for it!

We did our own makeup.

Now, lest you think I picked a crazy hairstyle that was "undoable," I got home and the gal in my usual salon did a fabulous job of accomplishing what I asked for. She even made it sound easy!

I hope everything goes well and the hairstylists at your Mexican resort are better equipped than the ones we had in Jamaica!!!

Hey there - I was actually the MOH in my cousin's wedding at Sandals jamaica - Negril. I got my hair done in the salon too and wasn't impressed at all...I have to admit though I only asked for a loose updo, no pictures. I did my own makeup too. I wasn't too concerned because I was only the MOH.....my cousins hair came out OK. She seemed happy enough, I don't think it was too big of a deal to her.

Which Sandals were you at?

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
Pushin40 said:
OK this is the deal:

Thank you ladies!

I had the devil of a time finding a big repertoire of 'wedding hairstyles' too - lots of prom hairstyle sites, but I couldn't find a good one for a more relaxed, casual look!

What I found helpful was to google wedding photographers in a certain type of location (ie beachy wedding, maybe look for photogs in hawaii) and look through their albums online, maybe that's somewhere for you to start?

I'll be watching this thread myself :))

Yssie try this site
http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/
There is WAY too much to go thru but I have found 6 styles already that I love!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
hey, wanted to send you a little hair "good luck." i have a ton of hair inspiration pics saved on my computer but they are all low bun type styles. i've found mine from projectwedding.com & just various "real weddings" on blog sites. when i see something i like, i just save it. so, basically, i'm no help to you. but hopefully it will turn out beautifully!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh hey, thanks for that linky Pushin - nice find!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
Oh hey, thanks for that linky Pushin - nice find!

No prob. =)
I think I need to chill out and just do a simple half up half down do. I talked to FI and he said he will give me some opinions on hair syles (before he didnt' wnat to see/know anything so he would be suprised!) Hair OK - doesnt' count - so that's good! :lol:

I'm going to use my friend's veil and go for a trial run at a salon (here) faily soon. I mean really - a few loose curls, a little height on top - it will be fine for a casual Mexican affair!!!

Good luck to all the ladies!

Pushin40 said:
Hey there - I was actually the MOH in my cousin's wedding at Sandals jamaica - Negril. I got my hair done in the salon too and wasn't impressed at all...I have to admit though I only asked for a loose updo, no pictures. I did my own makeup too. I wasn't too concerned because I was only the MOH.....my cousins hair came out OK. She seemed happy enough, I don't think it was too big of a deal to her.

Which Sandals were you at?

We were at Sandals Negril as well. I loved everything about being there, except the way they did my hair!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results