carat
color
clarity

I *really* hate the phone even more today

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreading the obligatory phone calls.

And worse the passing around the phone to talk to a gazillion people to have same awkward conversation that seems to never end not awkwardly.

Arrggggghhhhh

Just venting :D

Anyone else? :D

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just talk really fast and when you are done, say "oh, I've got to go - there is a moose at my doorstep". It works every time. Might be helpful that I live in the countryside though, so that does actually happen sometimes ;)) The moose on my doorstep, I mean :lol:

Hugs!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I thought I was the only one!
I dread *most* of those calls too. There is only one or two that I care to participate in, but I loathe the ones where the phone gets passed around for the awkward small talk :???:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
scandi

hahahaha

Can I visit you next year so I can actually use it for real?

momhappy

OMG I thought *I* was the only one.

I just texted someone and he immediately called both my house AND cell. I had to call back.

Arrggghhh

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1480004343|4102282 said:
scandi

hahahaha

momhappy

I just texted someone and he immediately called both my house AND cell. I had to call back.

Arrggghhh

Off course! You are welcome any time :bigsmile: And you know I mean that!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I HATED THOSE CALLS!!!

And who CALLS when you texted? I read an interesting etiquette thing for modern days, actually calling someone on the phone is now considered rude IF you did not prearrange the call. My DH has always thought calling someone is the same as saying "I want your attention right now, I do not care what you were doing or how you intend to spend the next X-number of minutes."

Scandi, when I lived in Anchorage the best reason to telecommute from home was not SNOW it was "I went out to get in the car and there is a moose in the driveway!" My response was usually "See ya tomorrow then!"

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1480007200|4102308 said:
I HATED THOSE CALLS!!!

Scandi, when I lived in Anchorage the best reason to telecommute from home was not SNOW it was "I went out to get in the car and there is a moose in the driveway!" My response was usually "See ya tomorrow then!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love that one!! Well, as long as it is not a polar bear :lol: Some friends lived in Svalbard at some point in time, and the best story is when this lady called her husband and said "are you coming home soon? There is a polar bear on the roof trying to break in.."

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1480007200|4102308 said:
I HATED THOSE CALLS!!!

And who CALLS when you texted? I read an interesting etiquette thing for modern days, actually calling someone on the phone is now considered rude IF you did not prearrange the call. My DH has always thought calling someone is the same as saying "I want your attention right now, I do not care what you were doing or how you intend to spend the next X-number of minutes."

Yeah...

Well, especially when said person knows you hate the phone. That was his way of saying oh, you're going to talk to me like it or not :roll: At least I got it out of the way or he probably would have tried later. :bigsmile:

Oh I *love* that it's possible it's now considered rude to call people. That is the best thing I've heard in years. :D

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
scandi

hahahaha

momhappy

Arrggghhh

Oh, that's the worst (ok, maybe a group text is the worst, but this is a close second place... ;-) ) - when you text and they call :errrr: You'd think they would get that you didn't want to talk in the first place and that's why you texted, but noooooooooo, they return the text with a call :rolleyes: There's nothing you can do but answer because they know you've got your phone right there...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1480009199|4102323 said:
scandi

hahahaha

momhappy

Arrggghhh

Oh, that's the worst (ok, maybe a group text is the worst, but this is a close second place... ;-) ) - when you text and they call :errrr: You'd think they would get that you didn't want to talk in the first place and that's why you texted, but noooooooooo, they return the text with a call :rolleyes: There's nothing you can do but answer because they know you've got your phone right there...

You mean group texts to like wish people stuff? I'm all for texting but those are so impersonal. I hate them.

And yes, I'm sure that was his way of getting me back for the all the times during the REST of the year when I text and don't call. :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I had to sit through not one, but two FaceTime calls. I dislike FaceTime even more than phone time. Thankfully, I've got it all out of the way and I'm relaxing on the couch with a cocktail :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to do this. Now I text. MASS text even. :eh:

SO much better.

And I ignore any griping.

Another 'trick' to deal with the holidays (and my favorite): Paperless Post for your Holiday Card list. Why? Because you upload your list ONCE and you just pick a new card (many are free) and hit send.

It means I don't have to do meaningless phone calls. And I don't have to waste paper, burden the postal system, or write out cards.

They are just, IMO, as personal as those picture cards everyone sends (actually you can do picture cards on there too).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1480041025|4102389 said:
I had to sit through not one, but two FaceTime calls. I dislike FaceTime even more than phone time. Thankfully, I've got it all out of the way and I'm relaxing on the couch with a cocktail :D

OMG. Me too. Facetime is the WORST TORTURE EVER INVENTED.

I hate Facetime.

Fortunately, after years of setting exceptionally low expectations and having really high introvert boundaries no one even tries any more except at family functions when the damn thing is passed around to torture us en mass.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
:lol: FaceTime is like some sort of torture device. It's so painfully awkward.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results