shape
carat
color
clarity

I proposed.........my story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hokie

Rough_Rock

I had expected the ring to arrive sometime last week, so I had laid the ground work for us to go out for dinner one evening, which due to our schedules would be Thursday. Then I called GOG to see what day the ring would be ready, and sure enough they got the ring in their store on Wed. GOG shipped the ring and told me that the ring would arrive on my door step early Thurs morning. I told my gf that I had ordered something from e-bay and that it should arrive either Thurs or Fri. Early Thurs morning my gf told me that she was going upstairs to lay in her tanning bed. While she was doing that guess what shows up.....the UPS man. PERFECT!!! I had the ring in my hand and she had no clue the UPS guy had even been there. I quickly inspected the ring and rushed out to my car and locked up the ring in my trunk. I then called Mountain Lake and confirmed the reservation that I had made the day before and requested a window seat with a view of the lake. I had also told them that I was proposing to my gf under the gazebo so that they would understand the importance of the seat with a view.

About 4:00 we were all ready to go and I had told her that we would drive to Blacksburg (Home the HOKIES!!!) and have dinner and that we were going to take my other love, my 1931 Model A street rod, she said great, because she likes riding around in it just as much as I do. I also suggested taking the camera so that we could stop by Virginia Tech and take a picture of the car with some Virginia Tech landscaping in the background. As we cruised down the highway we came upon the exit for Mountain Lake, and I said, "Hey why don''t we stop by Mountain Lake and look at the lake and also see if we could get a picture of the car with the lake in the background." She said "sure". We arrived at the top of the mountain and parked the car. I asked her if she wanted to walk down to the gazebo and look at the lake, and of course she wanted to. We walked down to the lake and we gazed and talked for a while and then I grabbed her and looked into her eyes and told her what she meant to me and how happy she makes me and how I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I then dropped down to one knee and popped the question. She said "YES" immediately. We spent some time together under the gazebo and I then told her that dinner was waiting for us in the lodge. We walked up to the lodge and had a wonderful dinner.

She says that she was completely surprised and had no clue that I was going to do that. All in all it was a wonderful night and everything worked out well. I will post pics of the ring soon. We are leaving for the beach tomorrow to celebrate.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww that is so sweet.. Congratulations Hokie!!! All the best to you and your fiancee :}

Wifey2b :}

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!! What a perfect proposal!!! Mountain Lake is BEAUTIFUL. I live about 20 minutes from there.

PS: GO MOUNTAINEERS!.. haha
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results