shape
carat
color
clarity

I promised myself I wouldn't....

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
but I did turn on the Senate intelligence committee public hearing. Ugh, I can't get anything done, LOL! It's 24/7, like watching "The Truman Show" only insert Trump. Fascinating. Second latte..egads, I'm going to be jacked. Max is sick of politics. Show me some birds or kittens or anything else.

Watts is fascinating.

Reactions: E B

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know. Its a complete krap show. I'll bring scones, we can add them to the lattes :dance:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I know. Its a complete krap show. I'll bring scones, we can add them to the lattes :dance:
Yum! (okay, every time I use an exclamation point, I now think maybe it's too much)(he is even ruining punctuation for me) I love buttery delicious scones. Orange cranberry being a favorite.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an orange cranberry scone on Saturday, I regret that I did not get a pic (see "photographing your food thread" by Monnie) :lol:

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to listen to as much of it as I can. The people who SHOULD be probably aren't, though (the ones who think the whole Russia thing is a hoax- MR. PRESIDENT).

It's back on at 2, and I'm thinking, argh, only an hour or so of listening before I have to take kids to swimming. I'm a big political nerd.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to listen to as much of it as I can. The people who SHOULD be probably aren't, though (the ones who think the whole Russia thing is a hoax- MR. PRESIDENT).

It's back on at 2, and I'm thinking, argh, only an hour or so of listening before I have to take kids to swimming. I'm a big political nerd.

I have to get outside quick, get some fresh air, calm down with a stress relieving long walk, take in some nature and get back to it :) I am becoming a political nerd, lol.

Reactions: E B

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
but I did turn on the Senate intelligence committee public hearing. Ugh, I can't get anything done, LOL! It's 24/7, like watching "The Truman Show" only insert Trump. Fascinating. Second latte..egads, I'm going to be jacked. Max is sick of politics. Show me some birds or kittens or anything else.

Watts is fascinating.

I had to be driving my daughter to and home from an outpatient psychiatric program or I would have been glued. (I only watched the very early part of the hearings.) What is "The Truman Show"?

Deb

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I have it on in the background while I'm working. Wow. It should be required watching before you can vote. Interesting about Rubio having been a victim.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't had a chance to watch yet. Recap, please?

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
So far really just the sheer scope of the distribution of disinformation
*and the history/reasoning of the Russian interest in interference

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, jaaron.

Yeah, I was reading about Robert Mercer earlier this week. One of his daughters is following in his footsteps, so this will be happening for a long time to come. Check out Rebekah Mercer.

Really creepy with the money, beliefs, proliferation and strength of right wing media, esp. Breitbart, and use of technology. The republicans really did successfully use of technology and social media while campaigning. Meanwhile, our privacy and safety rights are being eroded.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Clinton Watts from the foreign policy research institute is crushing this hearing.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, jaaron.

Yeah, I was reading about Robert Mercer earlier this week. One of his daughters is following in his footsteps, so this will be happening for a long time to come. Check out Rebekah Mercer.

Really creepy with the money, beliefs, proliferation and strength of right wing media, esp. Breitbart, and use of technology. The republicans really did successfully use of technology and social media while campaigning. Meanwhile, our privacy and safety rights are being eroded.

so creepy.. my DH and I have been talking about Mercer for awhile..hope there is lots more reporting on them.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Confession: I listened to Spicey while on my walk!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Confession: I listened to Spicey while on my walk!

Return confession: my husband has made me swear I won't listen to Spicey any more because he turns me into a ranting lunatic. :oops::oops:

Ok, off to dinner (and a big glass o wine) as it's past that time here.

Have a good night, y'all.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Return confession: my husband has made me swear I won't listen to Spicey any more because he turns me into a ranting lunatic. :oops::oops:

Ok, off to dinner (and a big glass o wine) as it's past that time here.

Have a good night, y'all.

Who needs SNL when you have real live Spicey every day :) I was getting so annoyed because I kept losing the live feed. I also hate when people can't put their phones dowand n enjoy being outside. Guilty. SAD!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who needs SNL when you have real live Spicey every day :) I was getting so annoyed because I kept losing the live feed. I also hate when people can't put their phones dowand n enjoy being outside. Guilty. SAD!
Ugh yeah I listen to the presser and became enraged, which wasn't helpful when I'm trying to get work done. FAIL! SAD!
EDIT: tried to also quote Jaaron, but can't figure out how to quote somehitng that someone else already quoted. TECHNOLOGY! IMPOSSIBLE! SAD!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh yeah I listen to the presser and became enraged, which wasn't helpful when I'm trying to get work done. FAIL! SAD!
EDIT: tried to also quote Jaaron, but can't figure out how to quote somehitng that someone else already quoted. TECHNOLOGY! IMPOSSIBLE! SAD!

He so does not have the temperament to be press secretary. He is so combative, and the word salad.. so much gaslighting. Yes, I had to learn that word, and it is so perfect for this administration.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Spicey does not disappoint today. My DH says I need to make WH daily briefing bingo cards. I actually think that they should change the name of the WH daily briefing to a daily series called "Gaslighting"
What about Farkas!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
SOMEONE please tell me how to watch? Can't find it on any channels? WTHeck?

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
SOMEONE please tell me how to watch? Can't find it on any channels? WTHeck?
It was live on msnbc, politico and many other online sites do a live feed which is over when it's over. If you go to cspan, you may be able to find a podcast? Sometimes one of the cspan channels rebroadcast it, it may say on the cspan website. The whitehouse site usually has the transcript available, not sure when, however it's not quite as amusing.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
It was live on msnbc, politico and many other online sites do a live feed which is over when it's over. If you go to cspan, you may be able to find a podcast? Sometimes one of the cspan channels rebroadcast it, it may say on the cspan website. The whitehouse site usually has the transcript available, not sure when, however it's not quite as amusing.
So, it was on the online version of MSNBC? Because it sure wasn't on the TV version of MSNBC yesterday. Is it not on television anywhere?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was in a league of its own. The amount of time he spouted absolute nonsense about HRC and/or Obama was unbelievable. He even repeated DEBUNKED AND FALSE nonsense about HRC selling "1/5 of the uranium". It's like he's not even trying anymore with his BS.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Today was in a league of its own. The amount of time he spouted absolute nonsense about HRC and/or Obama was unbelievable. He even repeated DEBUNKED AND FALSE nonsense about HRC selling "1/5 of the uranium". It's like he's not even trying anymore with his BS.

It was truly bizarre. It makes me so mental the way to talks to everyone like they children that he constantly has to reprimand. I have to stop it every few minutes to go yell at my poor DH who is trying to get some work done in his office but even he was listening.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Every time I watch it I start to feel compassion creep in for him because all the spinning and lying looks so GD exhausting, but then I remember he is about as willing a participant in this charade as it gets. He owns it all.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I watch it I start to feel compassion creep in for him because all the spinning and lying looks so GD exhausting, but then I remember he is about as willing a participant in this charade as it gets. He owns it all.

I can't feel sorry for him either..nobody made him take that job. Day one should have been his wake up call. He does look exhausted, and I can't imagine gearing up to go out there every day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results