shape
carat
color
clarity

I picked up my dress today!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I''m really excited because I finally got to pick up my dress today. Since I hadn''t seen it since October, I was worried that I wouldn''t like it as much, but I still love it!

The only thing that I''m a bit concerned about is the alterations. I know I need to have it taken in, but the store told me that I need to finish losing weight about 6 weeks prior to my bridal portrait for alterations. I''m getting married May 22, so assuming that the bridal portraits are taken in mid-April, that means I''ll have to be down to fighting weight in 6 weeks! I don''t think I can drop the weight in time (I''d like to lose 10-15 lbs). I was expecting that I''d be able to drop weight until the beginning of April!

Isn''t that why there are multiple fittings, though? Also, how far in advance do you need to do your bridal portrait? I was assuming I would do it a month before but maybe I''ll be able to push it back...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! don''t do anything crazy to lose the weight
3.gif

Is the store doing your alterations? If so you''ll probably be bound by their policies.

How extensive are your alterations?

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I''ll need it taken down 1 size in the bust, maybe an inch in the hips, and then lots on the bottom (plus the bustle) since I''m pretty short.

I talked to my mom yesterday and she told me not to stress about the weight...so I''m just going to keep working out and see what happens.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:36:55 PM
Author: Miya03
I''ll need it taken down 1 size in the bust, maybe an inch in the hips, and then lots on the bottom (plus the bustle) since I''m pretty short.

I talked to my mom yesterday and she told me not to stress about the weight...so I''m just going to keep working out and see what happens.

Your mom is pretty dead on there. Just see what happens and don''t stress about it! You will look gorgeous no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results