shape
carat
color
clarity

I only like the chase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
S

Squizabel

When it comes to diamonds / jewellery, not anything else! I like the anticipation, the choosing, the planning, but once the novelty has worn off... I lose interest. Luckily I have got wise to this and rarely buy anything now, just plan and think. But I envy people who can really love what they have indefinitely.

Is anyone else like this? Or am I just not buying the right things?!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I am always looking at jewelry, but I only buy what jumps at me. Once something grabs me by the jugular, I never lose interest in it.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I am always looking at jewelry, but I only buy what jumps at me. Once something grabs me by the jugular, I never lose interest in it.
I think I am with you, Madam Bijoux - very few things jump out at me in the shops (jewellery or otherwise) so when I see something that calls to me, it has to be bought!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most definitely, I’ve always been this way.
And I also like to have collections.
i suspect I am somewhat “on the spectrum” as I have a few quirks associated with Aspergers. Label or not, I am who I am.
But I do recognise my inclinations and over the years have modified my behaviour. That said I do have some pieces of jewellery (and other items) I wont ever be willingly parted from.
If we were all the same, how boring would that be!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in the same boat. I only enjoy jewelry now that is unique and difficult to replicate. Fancy cuts- antique unique settings - exceptional colored stones.
however once I have them I am fare less likely to sell them because they are rare and I like that they are irreplaceable

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the chase but I also love acquiring the prize I have chased. So I enjoy both very much and it is very satisfying to wear and enjoy and keep gorgeous bling. I am satiated at this moment in time and would not dream of selling anything I currently own.

My problem is I love many things but need a money tree (@gregchang35 let me know if you find one!) to purchase every piece I love. So I reserve purchasing for the pieces I find special and those that make my heart sing.

S

Squizabel

Thanks for the replies, they are very interesting to read and much appreciated.

Thanks also to PS admin for promptly removing the creepy and frankly disturbing post by soxfan accusing me of "bashing" a vendor in 2016. It has put me off posting here in future so I've asked for this thread to be closed and will move on. Of course my posting history is available for anyone to review and you can make your own mind up as to whether I bashed anyone.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's an adrenalin rush associated with a substantial purchase, especially if it's something you've pursued and agonized over and had to jockey to get. But inevitably that rush passes when the piece is aquired. And it's THEN that you discover if you really wanted the piece at all.

To that end, I have a list of pieces I want that will fulfill specific functions within my collection, and I don't deviate from it. If I see a piece I ADORE, I ask myself - 'Did I want something just like this before I saw it?' If the answer is no, I know it's just a flash of covetousness - a case of "ooo, shiny!", if you will - and to be ignored.

I have my gaze set pretty fixedly on a few specific pieces I want, and when something that spikes a longing for immediate gratification crosses my path, I get out my list and look at it, and remind myself just how hard it's going to be to get the things I DO want - so not to get distracted by red herrings. Even beautiful ones. :))

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
I need to start my list PRONTO! I have too many cases of "ooo, shiny!" and "squirrel!" lately :eek2::eek2::eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results