shape
carat
color
clarity

I only like pastel (light toned) stones. Am I weird? Please show me your pastels!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I got my cute pastel/light toned babies a few days ago. They are ogange-peach-pink and teal sapphires from Madagascar. The teal one is a strong color shifter.
IMG_5997 (2).JPG IMG_6130 (3).JPG IMG_6136 (2).JPG IMG_6125 (2).JPG IMG_6083 (2).JPG
IMG_6013 (2).JPG IMG_5921 (2).JPG

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Such a unique setting. I'm really getting into off-centre settings nowadays. The color is lovely too.

Oh it’s a pendant/necklace.
the setting is part of the chain ….. and unfortunately for me it’s silver (I can’t wear silver) - it’s was a 21st birthday present many many birthdays ago. Pity I can’t wear it as it’s pretty but the metal turns dark on me and I get sick of cleaning it just to be able to wear it each time.
I would like to have it made into a ring but only have yellow gold rings and scrap to use and think the stone prefers a white setting. Alternatively I could have it plated I guess.
D8AC2265-AD2F-4AE3-9ACC-4D6A7003C589.jpeg

roxta

Shiny_Rock
I got my cute pastel/light toned babies a few days ago. They are ogange-peach-pink and teal sapphires from Madagascar. The teal one is a strong color shifter.
IMG_5997 (2).JPG IMG_6130 (3).JPG IMG_6136 (2).JPG IMG_6125 (2).JPG IMG_6083 (2).JPG
IMG_6013 (2).JPG IMG_5921 (2).JPG

Love the peach!

roxta

Shiny_Rock
Oh it’s a pendant/necklace.
the setting is part of the chain ….. and unfortunately for me it’s silver (I can’t wear silver) - it’s was a 21st birthday present many many birthdays ago. Pity I can’t wear it as it’s pretty but the metal turns dark on me and I get sick of cleaning it just to be able to wear it each time.
I would like to have it made into a ring but only have yellow gold rings and scrap to use and think the stone prefers a white setting. Alternatively I could have it plated I guess.
D8AC2265-AD2F-4AE3-9ACC-4D6A7003C589.jpeg

Rhodium plating is a pretty quick fix. :dance:

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
My mom often says to me, “When I was young, we used to call that ‘gaudy’.” Haha! I like big jewelry.

The time before last,I was looking at rings with my mom,and I found one I liked.Her response.."don't be get that it's gawdy",I said "that's why I want it" =)

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I feel like the minority here who isn't into rich, deep or vivid colors. Not only do I like light tones, I also enjoy a bit of grey (my favourite color). Ice/steel blue? Lovely! Dusty pink? Perfection! The best part of this is.... lower competition? And sometimes lower prices :bigsmile:?

I'm currently obsessed with pastel purples like lilac, lavender and periwinkle. I had a laugh with my husband the other day because I saw a grading chart for tanzanite and I'm most drawn to the lowest quality ones, right at the bottom. He can't complain.

Are you a pastel lover too? Show me your pastel stones so I can oogle!

Tanzanite-Color.jpg

I too am drawn to lighter tones. Row A of your chart is my fave!!

Screenshot_20210724-143030_Chrome.jpg

I was looking at this emerald guide the other day too and the Grade B just looks waaaaayyy better to me :lol:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

roxta

Shiny_Rock
I too am drawn to lighter tones. Row A of your chart is my fave!!

Screenshot_20210724-143030_Chrome.jpg

I was looking at this emerald guide the other day too and the Grade B just looks waaaaayyy better to me :lol:

Yup, Grade B for me, thanks! Or maybe Grade C? :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results