shape
carat
color
clarity

I need to touch basses with Jordy

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wasn't sure where to post this and didn't want to make a new thread just for it, but I thought @kenny and @Rockdiamond would like this. Jared Dines does this 'shred collab' most years as his Christmas upload, he makes a backing track and gets a lot of YouTube and well known guitarists from bands to add their own solo to it. The most recent was an absolute banger, my favourite parts were by TheDooo, Charles Berthoud, Dan Jacobs, Scottie LePage (that guy is a lesson in polyrhythm) and Marcin at the end.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!
Just OMG! :-o

How can people do that?

Last edited:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Too cool!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WHOA!!!
Incredible....
DO you guys think this is real or photoshopped?
split-apture.JPG

PS_ more bass news coming up....

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Real, Michael Angelo Batio is a monster!!

That's nothing- I could do that in my sleep.......:cool2:

Seriously......
Holy crapperal, that is truly amazing.....

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SO, I've been on the hunt...I have a super cool Dan Armstrong Fretless, and a Yamaha BB33 ( P-Bass clone)
I've never owned an actual Fender P- Bass......
I was in guitar center Saturday, trying out basses..... this one really "got me"
It's super light ( 8 pounds) super resonant..
it's Squier, which I never thought would grab me so hard...and less than $500.......
I'm in love:)
squier-p-bass.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
PS- you can see the Dan Armstrong behind the new Squier.
What a kewl bass....sounds great....but it weighs almost 12 pounds....OUCHEEE

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SO, I've been on the hunt...I have a super cool Dan Armstrong Fretless, and a Yamaha BB33 ( P-Bass clone)
I've never owned an actual Fender P- Bass......
I was in guitar center Saturday, trying out basses..... this one really "got me"
It's super light ( 8 pounds) super resonant..
it's Squier, which I never thought would grab me so hard...and less than $500.......
I'm in love:)
squier-p-bass.jpg

Ohhh man that maple fretboard with black block markers with the black scratchplate *chefs kiss*

Those Squiers are such an awesome Bass, they can do just about anything and so many session bassists will tell you that it's hard to find an instrument that sounds as good to record with. Even the knock off P's are supposed to go well with that.

I've got a P copy that I'll be turning into the most modified, evil sounding P Bass in history. I want to paint it with a metal flake Vantablack but I don't think Anish Kapoor would sell me a quart unfortunately.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's nothing- I could do that in my sleep.......:cool2:

Seriously......
Holy crapperal, that is truly amazing.....

I'm surprised you haven't heard of MAB, he was around in the 80s when guys like Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmstein were making it big. He was known for always being down to earth and cool with the fans despite showing a technical ability others couldn't simply by being able to play both left and right handed and work those necks both at the same time.

One cool thing I can see about that guitar - you know that neck dive problem a poorly balanced guitar has? I would bet it has absolutely zero and sits perfectly balanced

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results