shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some help educating myself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
I''m starting to really appreciate various colored stones, but I have no idea how to determine if one is good or not.

I would love to hear everyone''s recommendations on a book I could pick up to start learning.

Right now dh and I are living in China, but at least a couple of times a year we travel to southern Asia. In two weeks we are going to Vietnam and Thailand for a few weeks. I would love to get some great stones to remember this time of my life.

Thanks

I should mention that I''m currently in the US until the end of the week so I can run to any bookstore to pick up a book.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
Dooh, I just found Pandora II''s thread.

I should have searched before I started a new thread.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ok, once you educate yourself....when you''re in Thailand (if you''re going to be in Bangkok) find Johnny''s Gems. Johnny is AMAZING. If I can find his card I''ll give you the street name, but he does fantastic work and uses really quality gems. I got the most beautiful ruby cross from him for my birthday...believe it or not, it was cheaper than getting a solid gold cross. I''m 99.999% certain he sells loose stones, too. My family just left Thailand (I''m 20, but grew up between there and Singapore) and all the women who know him swear by Johnny''s work. Every piece I''ve seen from his store is stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results