shape
carat
color
clarity

I need proposal help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
for my soon-to-be brother in law! He has asked for my help with planning his proposal to DH''s sis. The sis and I are really close and I know she loves girlie things. I know she doesn''t want it to be at a restaurant or anything to draw a lot of attention like at a baseball game or whatever. The boyfriend is thinking something like a nice weekend away or making a really awesome meal for her. He doesn''t want her to see it coming though! Does anyone have any suggestions? I know his budget for this isn''t huge.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Do they have any favorite spots, memorable spots, etc?

I also thought picnic proposals were cute and romantic.

Does he have ANY thoughts at all on how he wants to propose?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, and what do they do for fun?

(And can we see the ring?)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 2:17:01 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yeah, and what do they do for fun?

(And can we see the ring?)

This made me chuckle!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
His ideas were to cook a nice dinner or take her away for the weekend. I don''t think he has any ideas about where to though. If he had an unlimited budget he would love to fly both of their families to Europe and propose there... obviously thats just a dream though haha. I don''t know that they really have any special places. The big thing is that he just doesn''t want her to suspect a proposal if he says they are going away or that he is cooking or something.
If he goes the route of cooking for her, do y''all have any recipe suggestions? I know she likes light meals like salad, fruit, sandwiches, quiche, soup, etc. She eats heavier meals once in a while but it doesn''t seem too often.

I can''t post pictures of the ring on pricescope... it would be against the rules if you know what I mean. Sorry
7.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I think cooking a nice dinner is a great idea, or if he isn't much of a cook, have one catered in. Does he ever get home before she does, so he can have things set up and ready to surprise her when she gets back? Or maybe on a nice weekend day, a picnic in the park proposal?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
What about driving her down the beach to watch the sunset over the waves while they sit in the sand eating fish and chips with a bottle of bubbly - that is like my ultimate romantic night.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 2:29:15 PM
Author: oobiecoo
His ideas were to cook a nice dinner or take her away for the weekend. I don''t think he has any ideas about where to though. If he had an unlimited budget he would love to fly both of their families to Europe and propose there... obviously thats just a dream though haha. I don''t know that they really have any special places. The big thing is that he just doesn''t want her to suspect a proposal if he says they are going away or that he is cooking or something.

If he goes the route of cooking for her, do y''all have any recipe suggestions? I know she likes light meals like salad, fruit, sandwiches, quiche, soup, etc. She eats heavier meals once in a while but it doesn''t seem too often.

I can''t post pictures of the ring on pricescope... it would be against the rules if you know what I mean. Sorry
7.gif
he should make engagement chicken
31.gif

He should stay away from corn. no one wants corn in their teeth while getting engaged (any one remember that from back when Ellen had a sitcom?)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely take her somewhere nice and PRIVATE (if the weather is suitable), the setting has a lot to do with it.
I would consider a picnic, with a bottle of champagne on ice to bring out after... and if he really wanted the dinner idea, I would save that for the celebration after...
I guess that''s just personal, because my man proposed at the beach on a sunny afternoon!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results