shape
carat
color
clarity

I need Pictures of Centerpieces!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Ok ladies! My fi and I saw a picture of a wedding in OUR reception room and we LOVE the fabric from the ceiling!!! LOVE it! So the only way we can afford to add the fabric is to cut our centerpiece budget which means no flowers. Also, they only allow 5 votives per table so the leaves candles out. I need pictures of other centerpieces. Our wedding colors are silver and dark purple.

Here is the picture of the fabric that we want to hang! Our wedding is at night just like this wedding so I really think it will add more than expensive centerpiece.

fjkdl;uies.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That fabric IS gorgeous. I can see why you want it.

What if you put a bottle of champagne in a pretty ice bucket on each table...that could double as the champage for the toasting?

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
ohhh.... that a good idea!! we werent going to do a champagne toast but i might have to re-think that...

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
what time of year is it going to be?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Presents are nice too. Boxes wrapped in paper stacked on top of each other ... just two different sized boxes with ribbon would be pretty. Especially with contrasting paper on them.

If you''re doing a winter wedding. Purple and silver ornaments in a glass bowl or tall vase would look lovely.

Styrofoam balls from Michaels (you know the ones you used for planets in grade school science projects)... made into three different sized kissing balls with NICE silk flowers... three of them in a glass bowl on each table.

Oragami. Sounds strange but could be really cool.

Just at off the top of my head.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya.

Would you be able to do your own centrepieces?

At my wedding we bought cheap vases (out of Ikea) and fresh flowers from the market and at the end of the night we gave the centrepieces away. We also had balloons on the centre of the table to give it some height and again, those who lost out on the centrepieces were able to go home with some nice balloons. The balloon company matched the colours exactly to my flower girls dresses so it was all colour co-ordinated.

The cost was about a 1/10th of what the venue would have charged.

Po
x

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
How about willow sticks painted white in a plain glass vase with purple glass pebbles in the bottom.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Kit- Our wedding is August 25 07.

You guys are amazing!!! These are all great ideas!

Hmmm... would it look like the "tin man" if I did silver willow branches?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not at all! Make sure that when they are wet you sprinkle silver or clear glitter on them for sparkle.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
ooooo.... I like that idea!!! Fun! I am not usually crafty but I am going to try!
9.gif
I think Ill try that in the next few weeks....

also, I am talking with a florist ( I know, i know, I said no flowers) but FI doesnt want me to give up looking for small floral centerpiece so I am going to see what we can get for like 60-70 per table.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 6:13:03 PM
Author: Gypsy
Not at all! Make sure that when they are wet you sprinkle silver or clear glitter on them for sparkle.

WOW!!!

If I''m picturing this correctly in my head it sounds BEAUTIFUL. I can''t seem to find any pictures of what willow sticks/branches look like in a centerpiece. Does anyone have an example????

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
if you''re still looking at flowers...

my centerpieces had 3 glass vases of varying heights with pink and clear glass pebbles at the bottom. each vase had a different type of flower submerged in it. the vases were all placed on a round mirror with votives between them. there were some rose petals scattered as well. the candle light gave a nice soft glow reflected from the mirror.

they were $36 per table (in san diego, if that matters for flower prices).

here''s a not that great picture. you can''t see the mirror and votives well.

noviasubmergedflowers0906.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure where you live... but 50 or sixty a table is workable. Truly.

If you are okay with some low centerpieces... and if you buy these vases yourself on the net in bulk you could do something like this you self. Just a single purple hydrangea stem in each vase and some bannana leaves.

Orchid plants are also REALLY nice. Dark purple ones in silver (sprayed) pots. 20-30 buck each for the orchid plants. And they are lovely.

flowers 90831.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And these are adorable... athough I do remember the taper restriction. They would be lovely with purple roses.

ceremony10.jpg

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
I found a few pics (mostly incorporating a few flowers as well) these use curly willow.

P4290175.jpg

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
I really do think these will work as they are simple, inexpensive but very dramatic, the height would make a statement!

000_0177.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
aHHHH I love it so much! I saved both of those pictures for future reference. Where does one even GET willow sticks? A craft store?

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Novia- WOW! Your centerpieces are gorgeous!
30.gif
I love tulips but they arent in season for our wedding... but I could prob do something like that with a different flower though. I wonder if lisithanias would look good... hmmm...

Gypsy-- The banana leaves look great!
36.gif
I showed my FI and he loved it...
THe rose and taper picture is really cute, you are right, we do have a taper restriction but they are a really cool idea!
1.gif

Cheeckyprincess- Thanks for those pics!!! I am gonig to put my craft skills to work and see how they turn out. Where do you find willow branches?

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
The ones in those pics look fresh, for those you''d go to a florist. For the dried ones (that you''d paint) I guess a craft store- sorry I am not in the US, but do you have spotlight or similar over there? You can also order on ebay. I have seen them painted and decorated with fairy lights once- beautiful! not sure how the power leads go if it is as a centrepiece though,

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I looked at ebay and found that I got more results with "willow branches".
They're pretty cheap too!

Is it normal to be this excited about it when I'm not even engaged yet? (I'm visiting from the LIW section...lol.)

Can't hurt to plan ahead. I love getting ideas early!
Bravesfan, I hope they turn out beautiful!

This isn't even my thread.
23.gif

anianyc

Rough_Rock
i have some idea for the cp

107533.jpg

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
OMG I think thats a bit much. look at the women look at it she looks so funny

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results