shape
carat
color
clarity

I need new hair!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Please help my hair. It''s half dead at this point because it''s so long and heavy and gets thrown in a ponytail almost every day. I''m getting married in November and don''t need it tooooo long, so I could completely chop it. I just need something easy. Like 5 minutes easy. But not really short either. Any ideas?? A Nicole Richie bob? Thanks in advance!

0091111.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 2:38:18 PM
Author:sunnyd
Please help my hair. It''s half dead at this point because it''s so long and heavy and gets thrown in a ponytail almost every day. I''m getting married in November and don''t need it tooooo long, so I could completely chop it. I just need something easy. Like 5 minutes easy. But not really short either. Any ideas?? A Nicole Richie bob? Thanks in advance!
I think that would look great!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Fun! Do you currently have bangs? I can''t tell if those are long bangs in the pic or not? What kind of hair do you have (straight, wavy, thick, thin)? I chopped off 10 inches last year and can totally relate to feeling like it''s "dead."

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I have fine hair, but there''s a ton of it. Some of it straightens really easily, some...not so much.
1.gif
LOL, I have a combo face, can I have combo hair too? I did have bangs turned into side bangs because I hate things in my eyes. That can be blamed on my laziness to go get them cut though!
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So you own a good flattening iron? I am currently in love with this hair cut and may go for it at my next appt in a couple weeks. You could modify it to be a bit longer, but I would think you''d have to flat iron it if you don''t have naturally straight hair. I think it would be cute on you!

maxiehairpic.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I will look for another pic at a different angel...it''s kind of stacked. SUPER CUTE IMO!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I like that! I don''t have a good one, but it does the job. Maybe with Christmas money I could splurge on a new one. And if it''s that short it shouldn''t take that long, right?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I think after you blow it out, your straightening time would be minimal! And, good products always help! I''ll keep searching for more pics.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
SDL, Jessica Alba''s new haircut is cute!! Good suggestion!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love Jessica''s new hair. Wary of bangs again
9.gif
but so cute! Thanks for your help ladies!

Wedding hair...up and curled with a ribbon headband a la Blake Lively here, but less Grecian, more 1920s:

blake_lively65465.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the cut Burk is showing and its really easy! Wash and wear for the most part. You have a face that would suit it very well!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 3:31:56 PM
Author: sunnyd
9.gif

Wedding hair...up and curled with a ribbon headband a la Blake Lively here, but less Grecian, more 1920s:
I took these photos in of Blake Lively when I had my hair done for the wedding!
1.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 3:48:43 PM
Author: violet02

9.gif

1.gif
Yay!!! I loved your hair I''m gonna take hers and yours! Hehe! (If that''s okay, of course!)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 3:34:06 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I have the cut Burk is showing and its really easy! Wash and wear for the most part. You have a face that would suit it very well!
Good news! Thanks April!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 3:51:59 PM

Date: 1/9/2009 3:48:43 PM
Author: violet02

9.gif

1.gif
Yay!!! I loved your hair I''m gonna take hers and yours! Hehe! (If that''s okay, of course!)
Haha of course and thanks for asking anyways!
3.gif
I''m sure you''ll look amazing! I love those hairstyles though. I have to think of ways to wear my headwrap again in the future!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 2:38:18 PM
Author:sunnyd
THAT IS SOO CUTE. I too hated my hair... but glad I kept it though the wedding. I then donated 20 inches of my hair to Locks for Love. Now it is a really short pixie! I get lotsa compliments on it.. and I think you have gr8 bone structure you could pull it off too! But... waiting until after the wedding might result in a few fewer tears... just my 0.02

GOOD LUCK!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Jessica Alba cut would look gorgeous on you! You have a face that could pull off a lot of cuts, though.

If you know and trust your stylist, you may want to just let them dream up something (within your set limits, of course). My best haircuts have resulted from a "long enough for a ponytail, and I like to tuck my hair behind my ears - go to town!" conversation.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 2:50:56 PM
Author: Burk
So you own a good flattening iron? I am currently in love with this hair cut and may go for it at my next appt in a couple weeks. You could modify it to be a bit longer, but I would think you'd have to flat iron it if you don't have naturally straight hair. I think it would be cute on you!
maxiehairpic.jpg
HEY!!!!!!! I love GH. Watch it everyday. I currently have a hairstyle much like her but more like 'Kate Howard' without the bangs...LOVE this hairstyle. It's the best cut I've ever had. I've done it short and to the shoulders. Works both ways.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd,

You have very pretty hair! Are you sure you just don''t need a deep condition, if it is dry? I like to wait for a month before any drastic haircut - I have regretted sooooo many cuts
39.gif

Well, I had long hair, about 2" past bra strap and went to the hairdresser (who was so mean and crap by the way) and I got 4" cut off and lots of layers. Soit is about your length now but layered and it is a Godsend. I used to shower and cry when I brushed my hair through because is was so very tangled. Now I can comb it straight away with no problems. It stays in shape all day and is very manageable.

So my advice, is keep all of your length - it is very pretty (and takes ages to grow back) but put in lots of layers!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 6:58:18 PM
Author: Steel

So my advice, is keep all of your length - it is very pretty (and takes ages to grow back) but put in lots of layers!
I could do that too...it just takes so long to dry because there''s so much that I just end up ponytailing it EVERY day because I don''t wanna deal with it.
40.gif

I''ll have to see what the stylist thinks. They''re pretty smart sometimes.
9.gif

And thanks all for the hair love!
5.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 7:19:32 PM
I could do that too...it just takes so long to dry because there''s so much that I just end up ponytailing it EVERY day because I don''t wanna deal with it.
40.gif
I should have mentioned that too. By talking the weight out it blowdrys so quickly now and I can angle the brush so as to add volume. I could never do that before I got my layers. It feels funny though, because it is so much lighter - but it still looks very long. Pro''s all the way around!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Dont think because its short it will be easier...atleast when i had my short hair.. I felt it took LONGER to do it... I dont know why its weird... and remmeber if you dont have time.. you can just throw it up in a pony tail... thats the bad part.. I always had to do my hair because it just wouldnt look right if I didnt.. and it sometimes took me 30 minutes to get it just perfect... but my hair is stubborn and I have thin, straight hair..

I saw... long with layers and texture... if you have a good stylist tell them you want them to thin you hair out and texture it... that is what the guy I used to go to did to my hair and was alot easier to dry and style...

So my vote goes to same length... layers... texture... thinning out :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 9:13:09 PM
Author: blondebunny
Dont think because its short it will be easier...atleast when i had my short hair.. I felt it took LONGER to do it... I dont know why its weird... and remmeber if you dont have time.. you can just throw it up in a pony tail... thats the bad part.. I always had to do my hair because it just wouldnt look right if I didnt.. and it sometimes took me 30 minutes to get it just perfect... but my hair is stubborn and I have thin, straight hair..

I saw... long with layers and texture... if you have a good stylist tell them you want them to thin you hair out and texture it... that is what the guy I used to go to did to my hair and was alot easier to dry and style...

So my vote goes to same length... layers... texture... thinning out :)
DITTO!!!! I had short hair for a long time, but I had to do it every single morning. There''s no ponytail option if it''s that short.

I also second similar length or a tiny bit taken off, plus layers and texture. Then after the wedding, do whatever you want!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the mini thread jack!!! Dreamgirl! I DVR GH every day. I just love Maxie''s hair. She''s so stylish and chic!

Sunny~A couple things: 1)The picture I posted I was proposing the same style but more length. I would think shoulder length would be nice-still able to do ponytail in a pinch, long enough for wedding hair, but definite style 2)My hair is currently as long as yours but I have the texture and layers, long bangs like the others are suggesting and even though I have a TON of hair my blow drying time is not significant 3)Please post pics of your new cut when you get it!!
2.gif
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Well...it''s gone. And I hate it. The lady did a terrible job. My fault for not bringing a pic, but the people who usually cut there could work at Nordstrom. You know, that kind of people, stylish. This lady, not so much. I don''t think she knew what she was doing. She cut my bangs almost straight across and then just blow dried them to the side. Then blunted my ends. Even I know that''s not a good idea.
7.gif

So now I look like I''m 8. Not happy, and even less happy that I''m paying another $50 to fix it because I''m not going back to that place.
7.gif
Don''t trust a lady wearing leopard print jeans to give you a nice haircut...

Steel

Ideal_Rock
39.gif

I am so sorry.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 3:02:45 PM
Author: Steel
39.gif

I am so sorry.
Aw, me too.
40.gif

I know it probably sounds hollow right now, but it will grow back out. And someday this will just be a bad memory. Hang in there!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
OH no!!! I''m so sorry! What cut did you ask her to do? (that she then screwed up)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Did you tell her it was awful or did you just smile and say "it''s nice"?? Cos I''m such a chicken that way...I don''t know why I can''t just say "no that''s totally not what I asked for, it''s awful!" Although sometimes the hairdresser is just that bad that it''s not worth it - better to go to someone who knows what they''re doing.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I asked for a Nicole Richie bob, to which she responded oh yeah! Okay great, then she sprayed scalding water down my neck at the sink, couldn''t even part my hair like a normal stylist...just all around bad. Then I smiled and said thanks (because I''m a chicken too Porridge!
1.gif
) and she stood there watching me as I signed the debit slip and wrote her tip in. How rude!!!

Ahhh! Just bad, bad, bad. Oh well. I could live with it when I straightened it this morning, but the bangs are not good. Thanks for the sympathies, it will grow back! But no engagement pics until spring...
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results