shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help!

whitezracer

Rough_Rock
I need some ideas on what to do about proposing. We both ordered the ring together but that is all she is suppose to know but I think she also suspects that I am going to propose to her when we go to Destin FL the last weekend in July and that was my plan was to ask her then. I need some ideas on how to make it a surprise since I think she already knows about it. I am not the romantic type so anything romantic would be a surprise to her so I was thinking of doing something that was very romantic so even if she was expecting to get the proposal then she will still be surprised with what I do. I just need some ideas so shoot any ideas you have my way. Thanks

whitezracer

Rough_Rock
I am thinking about trying the three rose proposal but change it up a little.

About a 4 days before we leave to go to Fl send her one real rose to work and that will get her to thinking that I am going to propose to her that day because I am not the type to send flowers to her at work. Then 2 days before we leave send her another real rose to work. By now it will probably have her confused about what is going on. Then on the first morning we wake up in Fl, while she is taking a shower slip a note on the inside of the bathroom door (she never locks the door while she is taking a shower so I should be able to do that) that says "The first rose was for our past together, the second rose was for our present together and ..........." After she has read the note she will open the door where she will find me on my knee with a third fake rose with the ring tied to it with "will you marry me" wrote on the floor behind me with rose pedals and I will say "the third rose is for our future together which will last until the last pedal falls off of this rose (which of course the rose will be fake so the pedals will never fall off)

What does everyone think of this?

Should I send the first 2 roses to work like above or should I just get 2 roses and attach the note to them and slip them in the bathroom with her and then carry out the rest when she comes out?

Thanks

Miss_GG

Rough_Rock
I would most certainly stick to sending the roses at work - it will make all giddy just to think about what may be coming! Especially if its not like you to normally send flowers, i think it will be a lovely surprise.

As she seems to have an idea that you will be proposing, i dont know where your from but how are you getting to Destin FL? Only because my best friend got proposed to last week when they were on there way to a long weekend away (yes she was expecting it) but not to announced mid flight on the way to their holiday destination. She was most certainly surprised :)

In saying that though if you arent flying over, or an mid flight proposal isnt your thing i think whatever you do she will love but i would def do the roses at work - it will be a really surprise and keep her on her toes!

whitezracer

Rough_Rock
We will be driving down. It is about a 9 hour drive from where we live.

damons

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so this is just my opinion...and you can absolutely tell me to shut the f up. But I am not sure that I like the idea of proposing in a hotel room immediately after she gets out of the shower. It's going to catch her off guard, and possibly not in a good way. Based on the fact that she knows you have the ring, she is probably expecting the proposal. But just because she is expecting it doesn't mean that she is going to love it any less. If I learned anything after proposing to my girl, it is that girls talk about the proposal ALL time time. All of her friends are going to ask how you did it. It's crazy, man.

So think about her and what she likes. If she likes the beach, do it on the beach. If she likes to go to parks, then do it at a park. If she likes to go hiking, then find a hiking trail and do it there. You get the point.

You can always just take her to a nice restaurant for dinner, and then go for a walk on the beach afterward. Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with a sunset proposal on the beach, but again, that's just my opinion.

Even if she expects it, she is not going to know that you are doing it until you are actually doing it. And she will love it.

Good luck!!

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Damon!

Your idea is lovely, but I would save the actual proposal part for someplace more romantic then right after a shower, to be honest!

You're in Florida, so a sunset beach proposal would be amazing. Or anything else that you feel she may enjoy. That way you can take pictures right away and she will be prepared and also have a wonderful story to tell all her friends and family!

It will take a little more preplanning on how to get the third rose to her outside of the hotel room, but I think it will be worth it.

Shane Co.

Rough_Rock
Trade
The proposal is such a hard thing to decide on. I have to agree that proposing just out of the shower might not be the best, especially when she will be retelling this story to all of her friends and family for the rest of her life. If she is assuming that you're going to propose on the trip, what about waiting until the very end of the trip, or even on the way home from the trip?

If you don't like that idea, is there a place in Destin, FL that is significant to both of you? Even if she is expecting the proposal, it would be nice if you were able to recognize something significant in your relationship with her. I think that damons really hit on something on finding something that she likes so you can make it special for her.

Hope this helps, even a little. Congratulations!

ozzy11

Rough_Rock
Does she know you already have the ring?

What about this - you could NOT propose in Destin. If you feel like the exectation is forcing ideas and also want a surprise you could do it before or after.

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you could suggest breaking up the drive and stopping to have lunch or dinner on the way to Destin. I don't know which way you're driving from, but Savannah, GA is gorgeous, and you wouldn't have trouble finding a romantic spot to propose there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results