shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help making the most of a once in a lifetime diamond.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a halo of varied hues of yellow diamond melee in an ombre or random pattern. or that ew bezel. or color matched tapered sidestones. or so many possibilities. :kiss2:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Omgosh gorgeous!!!! I’m glad a psers has it. So I can shamelessly ogling it.

I know no bezels but check this out:

This:

I’ll search for more. Love love love your new project.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I'd want to play with this stone before it gets set, for sure. I can see it with a frame of calibrated rubies, or with golden/deep yellow sides, or, on the conteary, very colorless ones; a certain pair of deep yellows - perfectly matched in terns of cut, different in shade [like honneys] comes to mind [they might have sold & were smallish to begin with]. Sidestones of different colors are always in the back of my mind.

I will certainly be still thinking of this stone in the morning.

A barebones YG setting, perhaps slightly adjusted to support the color, will do too; David knows these things.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You folks are seriously killing me! Gorgeous designs and suggestions!

I'm leaning towards the halo, as I'm currently doing another 3 stone, which will be my second, and I have no halo'd rings. I'm thinking vivid yellow melee, as I love a yellow ring, and I already have one with rubies in it and one with a GORGEOUS rubellite (thank you, @Bron357!) I have nothing yellow, so I thought that might be very pretty.

Altho, I still love the tapered bullets idea. And anything with rubies is hard to say 'no' to.

If anyone can find anything with a yellow halo, I'd really appreciate it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I've made my decision. It's going to take a while, as I'll need to have stones cut. Not going to give out hints, but I'll definitely be posting here as soon as it's done!

Thank you, one and all - it came to me in a flash, inspired by your suggestions!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous, great sized stone. For maybe the very first time I would say do not halo it. There's just something so elegant about a large EC without a halo. I think round stones against the step cut center stone do not go together [of course that's just my lowly opinion] so my vote is for some kind of side stones.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the sort of thing I was imagining, but center stone + sidestones in diamond and the outer halo calibre or french cut rubies or yellow sapphires...

SOPDC20043_3_enlarged.jpg

SOPDC20041_3_enlarged.jpg

But of course you said you'd made up your mind, so excited to see what you go with!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
il_794xN.1917896273_qqyb.jpg

CVB's 'Etsi' is one of my absolute favourite settings for an EC! I think yours would look yum scrum with super white rounds on either side :kiss2:

ETA: Oopsie, I see you have decided! Can't wait to see what you will do with that gorgeous stone!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I've made my decision. It's going to take a while, as I'll need to have stones cut. Not going to give out hints, but I'll definitely be posting here as soon as it's done!

Thank you, one and all - it came to me in a flash, inspired by your suggestions!

Just got to this thread and I am so excited for you @mrs-b...Whatever you have decided I have zero doubt that it will be stunningly spectacular and a masterpiece. Now we all just have to wait patiently...:halo:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How exciting! What an amazing stone! I love the yellow gold bezel setting. :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd want to play with this stone before it gets set, for sure. I can see it with a frame of calibrated rubies, or with golden/deep yellow sides, or, on the conteary, very colorless ones; a certain pair of deep yellows - perfectly matched in terns of cut, different in shade [like honneys] comes to mind [they might have sold & were smallish to begin with]. Sidestones of different colors are always in the back of my mind.

I will certainly be still thinking of this stone in the morning.

A barebones YG setting, perhaps slightly adjusted to support the color, will do too; David knows these things.

Reading your post, @AV_ , I can tell you right now, you're going to LOVE my setting!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
90937551-037D-4A7A-99DA-AD0D47175E1A.jpeg

Something like this?

Love it, but not quite my cup of tea. The sparkly rounds either side of the duller looking pears would bug me. Love the general shape tho; I love things that reflect genuine creativity.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got to this thread and I am so excited for you @mrs-b...Whatever you have decided I have zero doubt that it will be stunningly spectacular and a masterpiece. Now we all just have to wait patiently...:halo:

Thanks, @missy! I really hope your faith in me is not misplaced!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I got onto Amy at DKJ and she's already putting CADs together. She's spoken to the diamond cutter, who needs to see the CADs before he can give a set quote. This will be - by far - the most expensive setting I've ever done. So we'll see what happens when the quote comes back.

Holding my breath here....

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
super fun project!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@mrs-b yes white side stones would work in my opinion too, I would also use white if going for a different color. Yellow would overwhelm your stone in my opinion because your stone is not that yellow. And because I find it a soft, buttery color rather than strong color I would avoid vivid colors because that would take away from its soft, elegant, minimalistic, sleek beauty. But people vary of course.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results