shape
carat
color
clarity

I need a post-wedding party dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I posted an Alvina Valenta BM dress that I had found on POWD.com on my wedding thread and it was bought out from under me before I could even write to her!

So now I am requesting help finding a sexy short white dress to wear out on the town with my friends and newly minted husband after my wedding dinner.

I am a size 6 or 8 depending on the brand. I''d like to spend $200 or less but for the right dress might spend an extra $50.

I don''t mind if its strapless or halter or spaghetti straps.

Thanks in advance for your help!

For reference here is the dress I was looking at before. Alvina Valenta Dress

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Nordstroms has a bunch of cute short dresses and for under $200

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/6014155/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014155

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if this dress is your style but I've been ogling it since January. It's from BCBG's Spring 09 Runway collection and is $318 but there's currently a 30% sale, I believe. Hopefully this link works!

ETA: Gah, the link just takes you to the Spring 09 catalog. If you go to the Runway tab, it's on page 38.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:35:49 AM
Author: CDNinNYC
I don''t know if this dress is your style but I''ve been ogling it since January. It''s from BCBG''s Spring 09 Runway collection and is $318 but there''s currently a 30% sale, I believe. Hopefully this link works!

ETA: Gah, the link just takes you to the Spring 09 catalog. If you go to the Runway tab, it''s on page 38.

I can''t quite seem to figure out where this tab is. When I clicked on the runway stuff it didn''t have pages and there were only like 20-something items.

Can you give me the name of the dress? I''d love to see what you''re talking about since it fits into my price range with the sale.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:56:38 AM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/27/2009 9:35:49 AM
Author: CDNinNYC
I don't know if this dress is your style but I've been ogling it since January. It's from BCBG's Spring 09 Runway collection and is $318 but there's currently a 30% sale, I believe. Hopefully this link works!

ETA: Gah, the link just takes you to the Spring 09 catalog. If you go to the Runway tab, it's on page 38.

I can't quite seem to figure out where this tab is. When I clicked on the runway stuff it didn't have pages and there were only like 20-something items.

Can you give me the name of the dress? I'd love to see what you're talking about since it fits into my price range with the sale.
Claritek, I love the Alvina Valenta dress you posted!

To check out the dress CDNinNYC posted, if you click on the Runway tab on the left next to the catalogue cover page (it's the 4th one down and says 36l Runway), then cilck 38-39 at the top right, then I believe it's the white dress on the left? The style number is ACJ6E291). I love this one too. CDN knows what great taste I think she has!

(edited for correct style number!)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:02:47 AM
Author: sammyj

To check out the dress CDNinNYC posted, if you click on the Runway tab on the left next to the catalogue cover page (it''s the 4th one down and says 36l Runway), then cilck 38-39 at the top right, then I believe it''s the white dress on the left? The style number is AEJ6E921). I love this one too. CDN knows what great taste I think she has!

I just found it! That is a beautiful dress and definitely up my alley. Thanks sammyj for pointing it out. I think that its only available in the stores though. I might just go visit the store in this huge mall near me tonight because FI is busy visiting friends. I had planned to go hit up the make up counters for a light foundation for the wedding anyways so this will make my trip doubley worth it.

I also like their tiered white halter dress and the folded v-neck dress. They are both white. I''ll try to do a screen shot and post pics.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
This is a cute dress on Rue la la :) $99 only size 6 left

There is a Nicole Miller and a couple of boutiques coming in the next few days :D

verawanglavender99dollars.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
BCBG Tiered Halter Dress, $200 before 30% discount

bcbgtieredhalterdress.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
BCBG V-neck Folded Dress, $198 before discount

bcbgvneckfolded.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:05:59 AM
Author: Deelight

There is a Nicole Miller and a couple of boutiques coming in the next few days :D

I saw that dress and was really tempted! How do you guys think gold would do with my skin tone? I am mostly British and thus very fair with some freckles. I don''t intend on going out in teh sun at all before the wedding so I won''t get tan lines. I think Musey and I have very similar complexions for reference.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:05:29 AM

I just found it! That is a beautiful dress and definitely up my alley. Thanks sammyj for pointing it out. I think that its only available in the stores though. I might just go visit the store in this huge mall near me tonight because FI is busy visiting friends. I had planned to go hit up the make up counters for a light foundation for the wedding anyways so this will make my trip doubley worth it.

I also like their tiered white halter dress and the folded v-neck dress. They are both white. I''ll try to do a screen shot and post pics.
No problem! I think that dress would look fabulous on your figure! I also found this AnnTaylor.

I love this Shoshanna, but it''s over budget and maybe a little too casual.

OMG, check out this hot Brian Reyes. Only $1800
23.gif

Sorry...I probably wasn''t much help, but I had fun looking for you!
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:14:17 AM
Date: 3/27/2009 10:05:59 AM

Author: Deelight

I saw that dress and was really tempted! How do you guys think gold would do with my skin tone? I am mostly British and thus very fair with some freckles. I don''t intend on going out in teh sun at all before the wedding so I won''t get tan lines. I think Musey and I have very similar complexions for reference.

I am pale but honestly I can''t remember the last time I wore gold however the girl in the pic is quite pale as well and she doesn''t look washed out.

It is not an overwhelming gold so it could work.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:02:47 AM
Author: sammyj>

To check out the dress CDNinNYC posted, if you click on the Runway tab on the left next to the catalogue cover page (it''s the 4th one down and says 36l Runway), then cilck 38-39 at the top right, then I believe it''s the white dress on the left? The style number is ACJ6E291). I love this one too. CDN knows what great taste I think she has!

(edited for correct style number!)

sammyj, thanks for the explanation of the dress location! I''m trying to figure out how to printscreen on a macbook and having the hardest time! You''ve got some fabulous taste yourself; I saw that dress you picked!
30.gif

Claritek, let us know how it goes at the store. I was just there a few days ago and they have a number of white/ivory dresses in stock.
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:14:41 AM
Author: sammyj
Date: 3/27/2009 10:05:29 AM

No problem! I think that dress would look fabulous on your figure! I also found this AnnTaylor.

I love this Shoshanna, but it''s over budget and maybe a little too casual.

OMG, check out this hot Brian Reyes. Only $1800
23.gif

Sorry...I probably wasn''t much help, but I had fun looking for you!
1.gif

You are certainly helping! I actually have that Ann Taylor dress but in a dark teal/green/blue color. I got it for $20 from the clearance rack. A total steal! I love her dresses. I might go try that one one in the mall tonight as well! I''d like to see how I look in the silver. Its a very flattering fit. I would totally wear the other dress but I plan on wearing it a wedding next month so I was trying to dig up something special.

The Shoshanna dress is darling. Rue La La has a final sale boutique going on right now and that is one of the brands. Unfortunately its not in the sale! Darn!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
How about this one? More cute than sexy and a bit over budget...

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446217906&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492704866&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1238163735310

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I finally figured out how to printscreen; woohoo!

BCBGSpring09.jpg

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
I found a few on blue fly that might be helpful.

Cute! #2

Cute! #3

#4 lil bling

A lil hotness #5

Cute again. #6

[Coupon code removed by Moderator] See forum policies.

eta: I accidentally posted the same dress 2x. I deleted one so thats why we are starting with #2!! And apparently Freke and I are thinking alike!! Sorry for the double posted dresses.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, how am I EVER going to choose??

I love the Rebecca Taylor dress. I never wear red so this could be a neat alternative.

I love the second Betsy Johnson dress Freke posted and that a.o.t.a. posted too. So darling but sexy as well.

The parameter dress with the metallic belt is really right up my alley as well!

Tack that into the BCBG dresses I like and I am on a roll here. I might just order the all three and pick from those if BCBG doesn''t pan out.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I made it to BCBG tonight and tried on a few dresses.

I tried on the halter neck tiered satin dress and it fit like a glove! I was so close to buying it but they don''t take returns there, only exchange or store credit in 10 days. The dress was fairly low cut, tight, and the shortest thing I''ve worn in a while. I did enjoy feeling like a sexy bride-to-be but it just wasn''t *me*. Not to mention I think my father is planning on coming out with us after the wedding and the last thing I want to be around my father is cleavagey.

I did try on the dress CDN posted from the Runway collection. It was cute on, but the slit on the front right side comes up a little far for my taste. Definitely a seyy dress though.

So I''ll just continue looking. I am tempted to order a couple of the dresses from Blue Fly since I can return and only lose out on the return shipping.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Is the Alvina Valenta dress discontinued or something? You could always try to buy it. Even it costs a little more to buy, I think in the end you would save in alteration costs.

I feel like I know every knee-length white and ivory dress being sold right now through my own search. This Lela Rose BM dress reminds me of the one you initially posted. I also think you might like this one or this one which also remind me of the AV, but are a bit different.

I also think you might like this Melissa Sweet BM dress, this BCBG, or this one by French Connection.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You have fantastic taste Katamari!

I love that wood garden dress and the ones from Neimans! One of them is incredibly similar to the AV dress.

I would order the AV dress if I knew it would come in on time and it was cheaper. Its about $350 new but the one I found on POWD.com was only $200.

I''m going shopping again tomorrow with my FMIL to look for something she can wear to the wedding. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for more options.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Katamari got me thinking about French Connection.

What do you guys think of this dress?
http://usa.frenchconnection.com/product/womens+dresses+in+the+colour+white/41H8Y/wizard+cotton+dress.htm

in white?

Not as outwardly sexy as some others that have been posted but I don''t really know if I am truly daring enough to want to do straight up sexy, especially with my father present at our after party.

I did also try on some White House | Black Market dresses that fit really well but were certainly more demure. They both had pockets!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:16:43 PM
Katamari got me thinking about French Connection.

What do you guys think of this dress?

http://usa.frenchconnection.com/product/womens+dresses+in+the+colour+white/41H8Y/wizard+cotton+dress.htm

in white?

Not as outwardly sexy as some others that have been posted but I don''t really know if I am truly daring enough to want to do straight up sexy, especially with my father present at our after party.

I did also try on some White House | Black Market dresses that fit really well but were certainly more demure. They both had pockets!

Thanks for the props! I have much better taste than I can afford to apply on my grad student budget (sound familiar?
20.gif
). The AV dress is great, but I am also not sure I would pay $350 for it--especially since you know, as a BM dress, it would need alterations.

I do love the French Connection dress you posted, mainly for its versatility and rewearability. I think with a broach and a fascinator, it would be amazing!
30.gif
30.gif

I also LOVE the short, lacy Nicole Miller that is in the RueLaLa Nicole Miller bridal sale right now. You should check that out if you haven''t already.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:18:37 AM
Author: katamari
I also LOVE the short, lacy Nicole Miller that is in the RueLaLa Nicole Miller bridal sale right now. You should check that out if you haven''t already.

Oh... My... Gawd Katamari! Do we share a brain???!?!

I JUST PURCHASED that dress and was coming over here to post it! I am so excited! I happened to look at the clock and see that the boutique had just opened seconds before so I was actually able to get something in my size! Woo!

Here we go! My post-wedding party dress- Nicole Miller Ivory Silk Lace Short Wedding Dress!

nicolemiller dress ctek.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! It''s stunning!!!! I love it!!!

What shoes are you going to wear with it?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That dress is stunning just the right balance of sweet, sexy and elegant :).

Did you see some of the wedding dresses OMG talk about a bargin
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Yay! Yay!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That dress is fabulous and amazing! I am so happy that you got it! I cannot wait to see it.
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:27:18 AM
Author: FrekeChild
OMG!!!! It''s stunning!!!! I love it!!!

What shoes are you going to wear with it?

Blue and peep toe speaks to me right now. I already have pink ones for the actual wedding so that satisfies my pink need. Heels are fine but I really can''t walk in anything more than 2 1/2" or so. Not to mention Newport is paved in cobblestones and bricks! That could make for a messy spill.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results