shape
carat
color
clarity

"I love you." "Me too."

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Question: when your spouse/SO tells you "I love you" do you typically respond back with:

I love you.
I love you too.
OR, Me too.

It drives FI crazy that I say "me too" on the phone. He always says "you love yourself too? Awesome."

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I say, "I love you too."

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the flip side if I say, "I love you." he says, What did you do now?"
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 4:45:55 PM
Author: kenny
If I say, ''I love you.'' he says, What did you do now?''
9.gif

When I cook dinner, he usually responds with ''you either did something or want me to do something on my day off''

He''s always right.
9.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
We don't really say it
emsmileo.gif
..are we the only ones? We both come from families that didn't really say "love you" growing up although it was shown in other ways. So for us it's said more rarely,i.e. on special occassions. I do make a habit to say it constantly to my LO though. So far she doesn't say it back but soon hopefully.
emteeth.gif

ETA: I realize I didn't actuallly answer your question=when one of us actually does say it, the other does say "love you too".

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 4:47:04 PM
Author: fiery
Date: 6/22/2010 4:45:55 PM

Author: kenny

If I say, ''I love you.'' he says, What did you do now?''

9.gif

When I cook dinner, he usually responds with ''you either did something or want me to do something on my day off''

He''s always right.
9.gif

Hahaha, me too!

I always respond with "I love you, too". I always hate when he says "Me, too", because it means he is around people and he got embarrassed to say it back. But he hasn''t done that for a few years now
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
We both say "I love you, too" back to each other. We actually say we love each other every time we get off the phone with each other. My fam says it a lot so I have no problem saying it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We say "I love you too"

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 4:54:22 PM
Author: thing2of2
We both say ''I love you, too'' back to each other. We actually say we love each other every time we get off the phone with each other. My fam says it a lot so I have no problem saying it.

We''re the same-we say I love you each time we''re on the phone to each other. Neither of our families say it that often so not sure where we picked it up!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We both say ''I love you, too'' back to each other. We actually say we love each other every time we get off the phone with each other. My fam says it a lot so I have no problem saying it.
We do that too!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Same! And we say it if we''re leaving each other for a length of time - not to go to into the next room, but if he''s running an errand or we''re driving home separately, we always say it.

And when we say, "I love you," the response is, "Love you, too!"

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
As the hypercompetive couple, our standard response is "love you more".

Whoever says "love you" first gets a "love you more" in return

ETA: I feel like such a slacker, we only say it once a month or so...if that!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I say "I love you too". I don''t really care where I am or who hears it. He''s my husband and I love him.
9.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
I love you, too.

and we say it every single day
1.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I usually respond with "I love you too(insert cutesy nickname here.)"
I think when I say "I love you" to BF he responds with "I love you."

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 5:20:58 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
As the hypercompetive couple, our standard response is ''love you more''.

Whoever says ''love you'' first gets a ''love you more'' in return
HAHAHA - that happens here too.

Our exchanges go something like this:

"I love you"
"I love you more"
"Ok, but I love you BEST"

hehehe

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 5:34:28 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 6/22/2010 5:20:58 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
As the hypercompetive couple, our standard response is ''love you more''.

Whoever says ''love you'' first gets a ''love you more'' in return
HAHAHA - that happens here too.

Our exchanges go something like this:

''I love you''
''I love you more''
''Ok, but I love you BEST''

hehehe
Awww.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We say "I love you." (with emphasis on "You")

OR we say "I know."

4ever

Ideal_Rock
We say I love you too and I love you more.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don''t come from an I love you family but FI does. He tells his father and mother he loves them when he picks up DD every day and kisses them both on the cheek before leaving.

I don''t express it verbally much, if at all. I usually do things like write "I love you even though you take a long time in the bathroom" on a piece of paper and slip it under the door when he''s using the bathroom which cracks him up.

I do say it over and over to DD though. And we say I love you to everyone and everything as part of her bedtime routine. So I''m trying
27.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I use both. I never thought about how weird "me too" sounds, but I''ll think of it now!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We always say "I love you, too"

Multiple times a day...not even on purpose.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Either an "I love you too" or "I love you" (without the "too"). If one of us is half asleep while the other says it it might become a "you too".

We do say it frequently (not with a quota or anything...ha!) and aren''t worried about being embarrassed. Heck, we do silly dances in public, we can say we love one another too!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We say "love ya" and "love ya too" (somehow it''s more playful, less serious, so we say it more often).

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
We''ve got a healthy mix going... including, "I love you'', I love you, too" "I love you more" "Mmmmm hmmm, what do you want" and ''That''s what you say" (a favorite of mine!)

Oftentimes, we don''t say ''I love you'' at all, opting for "Love love love". The response to that one is usually ''love you too" or "love love love love love".

On rare occasion, I get a "Love forty, baby", which is a movie reference.

I know. It''s sick.

I did not grow up in a verbally lovey family, but FI did. Mine is totally learned behavior.
28.gif

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
We say I love you too, or I love you more.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say "Me Too".

DH tells me he loves me every day and I am not as quick at it to be honest. He accepts it, but he is over the moon when I do make the effort to be more demonstrative.

Fiery, is Mr. Fiery feeling a little insecure and that is why he wants you to say the whole thing back to him? Seems a funny thing to care about unless there is a deeper meaning there.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe life is short, and things happen so I make sure to say a complete "I love you too". My husband goes away a lot, and it is part of our ritual as well. We just always say certain things, like as insurance or superstition perhaps?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2010 4:42:13 PM
Author:fiery
Question: when your spouse/SO tells you ''I love you'' do you typically respond back with:

I love you.
I love you too.
OR, Me too.

It drives FI crazy that I say ''me too'' on the phone. He always says ''you love yourself too? Awesome.''
if my wife said that to me i would then respond ....are you sick? should i call the doctor?
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
We always say "love you too" back. We say I love you to each other when one of us leaves the house and when we get off the phone, pretty much each and every time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results